correct judge, i want to use heroic strike just clicking the button, and if i hold down shift i want it to use cleave

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift, btn:1] Cleave; Heroic Strike

try this ^^

Does the WoW API offer any information about whether someone has a battle rez pending? If so, I'm looking for a macro that will cast a druid Battle rez (or any other class that can Brez for that matter) on a target, but only if that target does not already have a battle rez pending.

Deleted
    There's no API that has this information. There's no way to cast a spell in a script.

Thanks very much!

I'm pretty sure the answer is no but asking just in case. So I want to make a B-Rez macro that will do a /y when I use it...only I want it to go down a list... like first it does "Another successful procedure on <target>." Then the next time I use it I get "Don't mind the odd sounds and sensations, that's just progress." Is this possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Miatog View Post
    I'm pretty sure the answer is no but asking just in case. So I want to make a B-Rez macro that will do a /y when I use it...only I want it to go down a list... like first it does "Another successful procedure on <target>." Then the next time I use it I get "Don't mind the odd sounds and sensations, that's just progress." Is this possible?
    Give this a whirl:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /run local s="Rebirth" if GetSpellCooldown(s)==0 then SendChatMessage(GetRandomArgument("Phrase one","Phrase two","Phrase three"),YELL,nil,nil)
    /use Rebirth

You're somewhat limited by characters so you can't write tons of stuff here.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Hey..

I want to create a macro for my gear sets and presence's as a dk, so i dont have to remember to cast my presence after changing gear.

But i simply cant figure out how to use the Equipment Manager gear sets in a macro..

if anybody knows how to do it, please help me then:-)

Kind Regards Imported

Quote Originally Posted by Imported View Post
    Hey..

I want to create a macro for my gear sets and presence's as a dk, so i dont have to remember to cast my presence after changing gear.

But i simply cant figure out how to use the Equipment Manager gear sets in a macro..
    The name of an outfit in the Blizzard Equipment Manager can be called with /equipset

Example
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Blood Presence
    /equipset Tank

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    The name of an outfit in the Blizzard Equipment Manager can be called with /equipset

Example
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Blood Presence
    /equipset Tank
    Thx alot mate, you made my day!!!

Deleted
    Is it possible to make a macro that uses this:
    "#showtooltip Greater Healing Wave
    /cast [target=mouseover,help][help][target=player] Greater Healing Wave"
    and make it so that when i press a modifier it casts a harmful spell on my target (no need for any mousover-function there) ?

May the force live long and prosper. // Zansas

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zansas View Post
    Is it possible to make a macro that uses this:
    "#showtooltip Greater Healing Wave
    /cast [target=mouseover,help][help][target=player] Greater Healing Wave"
    and make it so that when i press a modifier it casts a harmful spell on my target (no need for any mousover-function there) ?

May the force live long and prosper. // Zansas
    #showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover,help][help][target=player] Greater Healing Wave; [mod, harm] harmful spell

no need for a modifier per se if your target is an enemy, but since you requested it I put it in there.
    Also, #showtooltip doesn't need an argument, without any, it will show the correct one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    #showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover,help][help][target=player] Greater Healing Wave; [mod, harm] harmful spell

no need for a modifier per se if your target is an enemy, but since you requested it I put it in there.
    Also, #showtooltip doesn't need an argument, without any, it will show the correct one.
    Thanks for the quick answer, I tried it out just now, but it doesn't seem to work. It won't cast the harmful spell (in my case; Lightning Bolt) =/ Any idea why that is?
    The thing is that i want the button to cast heals, even though I have a enemy targeted, and if I press, for example, 5 it casts the heal, and if I press Alt+5 it casts lightning bolt.

Deleted
    I can't test it right now, but I'm pretty sure you need to take out the [target=player] condition; as it contains no conditional, it's always true and hinders the conditional [harm,mod] to be even checked. Sorry that I didn't see that at first.
    Oh, wait, just add nomod:

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover,help][help][nomod,target=player] Greater Healing Wave; [mod, harm] harmful spell

that should do it.

edit: if you want the LB function to only occur on alt (and not on shift or ctrl), it would be [mod:alt,harm].
    Last edited by mmocdd8e41448a; 2011-06-29 at 12:59 AM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Cleaned up a touch - this should always cast LB if you have any modifier key pressed, and if you don't have any modifiers pressed, it should cast on Mouseover, Target, and then Self.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod] Lightning Bolt; [@mouseover, help][help][] Greater Healing Wave
    If you want a SPECIFIC modifier key (alt, shift, or ctrl), just add :alt, :shift, or :ctrl after the word mod, but before the ] - mod:ctrl, for example.

Deleted
    Thanks alot! I will try it out when i get in to the game.
    Really appreciate the fast help! =)

Deleted
    Trying to heal using the Blizz raid UI, how should the macros look when clicking on a player frame it should cast a spell?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didi29 View Post
    Trying to heal using the Blizz raid UI, how should the macros look when clicking on a player frame it should cast a spell?
    Clicking on a player frame will target the player.
    What you possibly mean is mouseover, so when you have your cursor on a player frame (or the player) and press the button, it will heal the mouseover'd player?
    That would look like

#showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover, help][] healing spell

Hi there, I currently have the following macro:

Code:
    /cast !Aspect of the Hawk
    /cast Chimera Shot
    /petattack
    What it does is ensures I'm in Aspect of the Hawk before casting Chimera Shot. What I'd like to add (if possible) is to mute the hawk sound, as it tends to spam and while I don't play with my sound on personally, I've had a few complaints over it being annoying as I use a similar macro for all my instant shots.
    Thank you to Serrin for the signature!
    PC Stuffs: i7-4790K | Z97X-SLI | 16GB DDR3-1866 | GTX-780 | 256GB Samsung EVO | 1TB WD Blue | SuperNOVA 650 Gold | Fractal r4 Blackout | Dark Rock Pro 3

If you're choosing to macro Aspects in with your shots then people around you are going to be forced to hear it if they play with their game sounds on.