Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonemachine View Post
    Hey all,
    I need some help around macro for Moonfire.
    What I want is just macro on which I can apply racial usage (Berserking) and I have macro which is working fine
    Code:
    #showtooltip Moonfire
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 0
    /cast Berserking
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 1
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    /cast Moonfire
    So macro is working perfectly but have little glitch that bothers me As you know Moonfire is spell which transforms into Sunfire when in solar eclipse state and even tho macro will cast it, it doesnt change icon state at all, its always moonfire and sometime you see sunfire if you log in while in solar eclipse. Is it possible to make icon do shifting in tooltip and glow effect just like its not macro.

I did tryed something like this
    Code:
    #showtooltip Moonfire; Sunfire
    /cast Moonfire; Sunfire
    but unfortuantely its not working at all, I even completelly lose icon.

Even tho macro itself works perfectly I would like to fix this little visual problem if possible, if not well doesn't matter I guess.
    /cheers
    Bone

Just try using #showtooltip without anything behind it, it should always display the right one.

Hey im trying to write a macro that does power word barrier on nomod, fear ward on alt mod on mouseover if exists otherwise on target, every man for himself on shift mod and leap of faith on ctrl mod on mouseover if exists otherwise on target. heres the macro. Ive been having a little trouble. currently leap of faith wont cast when i hold ctrl and it still uses fear ward and power word barrier doesnt work.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nomod] power word: barrier; [mod:alt,target=mouseover, exists] fear ward; fear ward
    /cast [mod:shift] every man for himself; [mod:ctrl,target=mouseover, exists] leap of faith; leap of faith

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    Just try using #showtooltip without anything behind it, it should always display the right one.
    Unfortunatelly that's not working If I use just #showtooltip I get same moonfire icon not changing at all

Thanks to dubbelbasse for this awesome sig!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mewogogin View Post
    <snip>
    Your question has already been answered in your thread. Don't post in both a separate thread and the sticky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Need a macro for toggling a frames visibility is it possible to have it in 1 button tried this

/script FrameName:Show()
    /script FrameName:Hide()
    but it executes only the first one.
    Last edited by Keosen; 2011-07-24 at 02:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Need a macro for toggling a frames visibility is it possible to have it in 1 button tried this
    Code:
    /run FrameName[FrameName:IsShown() and "Hide" or "Show"](FrameName)

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks a lot tree

whats the macro to show the name of the ui object in chat again? i have been away from wow for a while, and i forgot it, couldnt find it on google (silly me)

to clarify: you put the macro/script in a macro, bind it to a key on a bar, and then it shows the name of the ui object your mousing over.

Deleted
    /framestack
    Far superior to the old method.

Hi all,

Not sure what changed recently but I'm now unable to cast Aspect of the Cheetah while mounted. Previously it would just dismount me automatically and cast it whereas now it prints the message "Spell cannot be casted on a mounted unit". Aspect of the Pack still works by dismounting me and casting it so I'm wondering if there's a way to make Cheetah work the same way with a macro?
    Thank you to Serrin for the signature!
    PC Stuffs: i7-4790K | Z97X-SLI | 16GB DDR3-1866 | GTX-780 | 256GB Samsung EVO | 1TB WD Blue | SuperNOVA 650 Gold | Fractal r4 Blackout | Dark Rock Pro 3

Quote Originally Posted by Naplam View Post
    Hi all,

Not sure what changed recently but I'm now unable to cast Aspect of the Cheetah while mounted. Previously it would just dismount me automatically and cast it whereas now it prints the message "Spell cannot be casted on a mounted unit". Aspect of the Pack still works by dismounting me and casting it so I'm wondering if there's a way to make Cheetah work the same way with a macro?
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /dismount
    /cast !Aspect of the Cheetah

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Thanks Law, was trying the same thing just without the '!' earlier.
    Thank you to Serrin for the signature!
    PC Stuffs: i7-4790K | Z97X-SLI | 16GB DDR3-1866 | GTX-780 | 256GB Samsung EVO | 1TB WD Blue | SuperNOVA 650 Gold | Fractal r4 Blackout | Dark Rock Pro 3

Hi, I am looking for a macro that will announce something in trade with a link to an item of which I know the item id (for example via wowhead).

So something like: "/2 Selling [linked item] 200g/stack", where the user can click on the item to get the additional information.

Also, another macro that will say something whenever I am in a party or raid, something like "/p [group: party] Hello everyone!" (this code does not work when I am in a party)

Any help is much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhands View Post
    Hi, I am looking for a macro that will announce something in trade with a link to an item of which I know the item id (for example via wowhead).

So something like: "/2 Selling [linked item] 200g/stack", where the user can click on the item to get the additional information.

Also, another macro that will say something whenever I am in a party or raid, something like "/p [group: party] Hello everyone!" (this code does not work when I am in a party)

Any help is much appreciated!
    For Group/Raid telling you can always use Chatter @ Curse which is chat replacement, but allows you to use /gr for intelligent group/raid/battleground choice.

You can use this to get item link, probably some friendly Macro-Gods can turn this into direct trade message:
    Code:
    /run local s={"10000"} for i=1,#s do DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("\124c00ffffff\Item Link: \124c00FF0033\124Hitem:"..s[i]..":0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0\124h[ID: "..s[i].."]\124h\124r\124c00ffffff - Click ID for item info.")end
    Replace 10000 with itemid.

@Treeston, thanks
    Last edited by Mordret; 2011-07-25 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

Deleted
    Code:
    /run local id=1000 local link=(select(2,GetItemInfo(id))) if not link then return end SendChatMessage("Selling "..link.." 200g/stack", "CHANNEL", nil, 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Code:
    /run local id=1000 local link=(select(2,GetItemInfo(id))) if not link then return end SendChatMessage("Selling "..link.." 200g/stack", "CHANNEL", nil, 2)
    Excellent, exactly what I was looking for, thank you!
    Is there a tutorial/thread/page that explains how stuff like this works?

Deleted
    The API doc, more specifically the pages for GetItemInfo and SendChatMessage.

Deleted
    Hello
    Is it possible to make a macro so when i shot scatter shot it pops trap launcher and chooses frezzing trap?

So that i just have to place it on the ground?
    Thanks alot beforehand!

No sure about GCD, so safe approach: Requires 3 clicks
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=combat,15 Scatter Shot, Trap Launcher, Freezing Trap

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

Some time ago, I had a macro a friend made for me to randomly summon one of my mounts (flying or nonflying depending on the area) every time I press the macro. When Blizz changed the Castrandom option for macros, this broke and I've yet to find a good replacement for it.

Could you please help me figure out how to cast a random mount when I click the button (preferred flying/nonflying where applicable)?

Thank you very much for the help.