Quote Originally Posted by GGashok View Post
    Hi my old Stormstrke makro seems to not be working anymore, any suggestions? I simply don't start autoattacking after switching targets, what have i missed?
    Not sure, try this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /targetenemy [noexists][dead][help]
    /startattack
    /cast Stormstrike

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Not sure, try this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /targetenemy [noexists][dead][help]
    /startattack
    /cast Stormstrike
    Thank you, but after a restart it works again, leftklicking the enemy works again to. If i find out what disrupted the normal behaviour, i'll report it ;-) (Don't misunterstand the smily, it really didn't work, i even thought about where to get another hotkey for autoattack)
    Last edited by GGashok; 2011-10-27 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by T4j View Post
    if i understod the function right you wont be able to use it like you want. think of a macro like going through diff filters:

mod = shift? if yes -> soul link, else go to the next step below
    no felhunter or dead felhunter? if yes -> summon felhunter, else go to the next step below
    you got a "nodead" (living) felhunter? if yes -> felhunter dispel

lets say you remove the [mod:shift], the macro will think:

key pressed? soul link, job's is done
    Ye I got this so removed the soul link part, and only used the pet part of it, however, it still doesn't work correctly, as when the pet dies, it takes more then 10 seconds, before the pet bar goes away, and first when it goes away, it will see the pet as dead, hence, I won't benefit from the buff that last for 10 sec after my pet dies, making it an instant summon. any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by wolphe View Post
    Ye I got this so removed the soul link part, and only used the pet part of it, however, it still doesn't work correctly, as when the pet dies, it takes more then 10 seconds, before the pet bar goes away, and first when it goes away, it will see the pet as dead, hence, I won't benefit from the buff that last for 10 sec after my pet dies, making it an instant summon. any idea?
    I don't know much about macros, but could you use something like targeting the felhunter by its name, and if the target does not exist...
    Last edited by GGashok; 2011-10-27 at 09:57 AM. Reason: horrible grammar...

Quote Originally Posted by GGashok View Post
    I don't know much about macros, but could you use something like targeting the felhunter by its name, and if the target does not exist...
    thats the problem, when my pet dies, I get a buff for 10 seconds, making the next summon instant if cast within 10 sec, problem is, the pet bar is still around for more then 10 seconds after the pet is dead. so I can target it, like targeting a dead corpse. so the macro mention woun't summon a new one, until after the pet bar goes away, but by then, I have lost the buff, making me have to hard cast the summon, or spend a soul shard on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Using this atm:
    #showtooltip Judgement
    /assist target
    /cast Judgement

Yet every time I use it, my target switches to what ever I Judged. Is there a line of code missing to prevent this or is this just to hinder us? So to be clear, I don't want to have to reselect the tank every time I use it to Judge whatever the tank is attacking.

Deleted
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /assist target
    /cast Judgement
    /targetlasttarget
    Judgement forces a re-target onto its target since its coding is that of a melee ability. /targetlasttarget can be used to re-acquire the previous target.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wolphe View Post
    thats the problem, when my pet dies, I get a buff for 10 seconds, making the next summon instant if cast within 10 sec, problem is, the pet bar is still around for more then 10 seconds after the pet is dead. so I can target it, like targeting a dead corpse. so the macro mention woun't summon a new one, until after the pet bar goes away, but by then, I have lost the buff, making me have to hard cast the summon, or spend a soul shard on it.
    It SHOULD work fine, if you're using the macro I gave you - it does have logic in there for "if I have a felhunter summoned already, but it's dead, summon a new one" - it's the [pet:felhunter, dead] conditional that handles that.

By the way, you mentioned you already have a shift bound to the keybind you're using for the macro. If you want to keep the Soul Link part, just change the modifier used - alt and ctrl work. Like so (I rearranged the two conditions that summon the Felhunter, just in case it was doing something wonky there).
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Soul Link; [pet:felhunter, dead][nopet:felhunter] Summon Felhunter; [pet:felhunter, nodead] Felhunter Dispel
    If that doesn't work, try this
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Soul Link; [@pet, dead][nopet:felhunter] Summon Felhunter; [pet:felhunter, nodead] Felhunter Dispel
    Last edited by Taryble; 2011-10-27 at 03:30 PM.

Hey. Okay i was just wondering if there was a macro that would allow me to
    1. Equip a set
    2. Cast Guardian of Ancient Kings
    3. Use Golemblood Potion
    4. Equip another set

All in one macro. So far i have
    /equipset Prot T12
    /cast Guardian of Ancient Kings
    /use Golemblood Potion
    /equipset Ret
    And all of it is working except equipping the last set and i cant figure out why. Any one can help me out?

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenisFish View Post
    Hey, I started doing arenas on my feral and was wondering if I can do that:
    For example, It's 2v2, I'm focusing healer and going for dps, I need a macro that will target healer(focus), cast Cyclone, and target back the dps.
    Thanks for your help!
    #Showtooltip
    /cast [@focus, harm, excist] Cyclone; Cyclone
    /targetlasttarget

This should target your focus and cast cyclone; if no focus is found, it will cast cyclone on your current target. No need to explain the last line

Deleted
    No need for the /targetlasttarget - with the exception of some specific spells (Judgement comes to mind), @ (and its equivalent, target=) will only cast the spell at the specified target without actually re-targeting. Thus:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus,harm,exists][]Cyclone

Thanks for correcting me!

Happened to stumble upon your "My work" link in your signature, and I got the feeling you know your way around macros and addons quite well, so you might be able to answer this for me:

Is there a way to target a specific mob, say Shadowy Apparitions from shadow priest; cast a spell on the newly targeted mob, or on your current target if the desired mob is no where around?

Example 1:
    I've targeted a Shadow Priest, and he has a couple of Shadowy Apparitions spawned, moving towards me. I want the macro to target the Apparitions, cast Judgement, and retarget my last target (aKa Shadow Priest).

Example 2:
    I've targeted a Shadow Priest, and no Shadowy Apparitions are spawned. I then want the macro to cast Judgement on my current target (the Shadow Priest)

Is this macro createable?
    Last edited by Schnackie; 2011-11-01 at 12:36 PM.

You can try this, haven't tested if it acts weird though.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cleartarget
    /tar Shadowy Apparition
    /targetlasttarget [noexists][help]
    /cast Judgement

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Tried searching for this but couldn't find anything, sorry if this has already been requested.

I'm looking for a way to keep Moonwell Chalice and Volcanic Pot in the same binding. The way I wanted it to be is, if I hit the bind once, it will just use my trinket. If I hit it twice in a row, it will use trinket + volcanic pot. Is that possible?
    Gear Score is the Jonas Brothers of World of Warcraft

Looking for a macro for my Dreamcloth CDs so I don't have to go into my tailoring window every week. Ideally I'd like to have 6 buttons on my bar, 1 for each Dreamcloth CD
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

10+ Year Old Account
    hi there i did try searching without any luck for this macro but i'm trying to create a macro for my ret t12 4set bonus CD's. as ill be concentrating on the fight i cant really count the 5sec intervals so im trying to get the macro to /w me. i tried using dbm timers but each time i hit the macro it just reset the bars to the begining
    so far i have got:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence Zealotry, Guardian of Ancient Kings, Avenging Wrath
    /startattack
    /in 5.0 /w Nelinde cast Guardian of Ancient Kings
    /in 10.0 /w Nelinde Use Golemblood potion
    /in 15.0 /w Nelinde cast Avenging Wrath

but im not receiving any /w's. am i using the wrong code? does this even work?
    any and all helpwould be really appreciated <3
    Time is Eternal.... Thankfully Blonde moments are over quickly!
    Signature by Mystyka

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kombucha View Post
    Looking for a macro for my Dreamcloth CDs so I don't have to go into my tailoring window every week. Ideally I'd like to have 6 buttons on my bar, 1 for each Dreamcloth CD
    Code:
    /run CastSpellByName("Alchemy") for r=1,GetNumTradeSkills() do if GetTradeSkillInfo(r) == "Transmute: Truegold" then DoTradeSkill(r,1) break end end CloseTradeSkill()
    Replace "Transmute: Truegold" with whatever the name of the dreamcloth recipe in the trade window is.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Code:
    /run CastSpellByName("Alchemy") for r=1,GetNumTradeSkills() do if GetTradeSkillInfo(r) == "Transmute: Truegold" then DoTradeSkill(r,1) break end end CloseTradeSkill()
    Replace "Transmute: Truegold" with whatever the name of the dreamcloth recipe in the trade window is.
    Awesome. Is there a line that can be added that will make it display the icon, tooltip, and CD of the skill as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kombucha View Post
    Awesome. Is there a line that can be added that will make it display the icon, tooltip, and CD of the skill as well?
    Can't think of any way, sorry.

I suck at macro's, Is there anyway i can have /cast Strangulate on my target and if i use alt i can have it cast onto my Focus target, all on 1 button?