Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    But for which mob targetting would you want it for? Maybe there is a special condition
    I was using a macro to /target Elementium Bolt. But I was lazy and just macroed it into my pyroblast. Which isn't a huge problem unless I get a pyro proc after the bolt dies and it still targets the bolt while I am trying to use the proc on my current target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coachmcguirk View Post
    I was using a macro to /target Elementium Bolt. But I was lazy and just macroed it into my pyroblast. Which isn't a huge problem unless I get a pyro proc after the bolt dies and it still targets the bolt while I am trying to use the proc on my current target.
    just use
    Code:
    #show
    /use [@Elementium Bolt, nodead][] Pyroblast
    thats gonna keep it from trying to cast @ the bolt once the bolt is dead, it won't actually switch your target to the bolt

also I think if you set it as your focus when its flying in and then /Tar focus it might work. I think the focus will drop off after it dies (can't remember if it drops off immediately though)

---------- Post added 2012-02-27 at 10:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SargorVirm View Post
    Is there a way to have the macro revolve on itself without a modifyer key? I use clique for all my stuff... so my shift is pretty full
    for a dps rotation you could use a castsequence macro
    /castsequence reset=target/combat
    something like that

also if you question is in response to the marking macro posted then i'm not sure. i'm not as good with script macros, but I think there has to be a way to have it reset after 1 second of idle or something (reset=1 or something)

The macro posted above won't work due to not being assigned a UnitID.

You have a good idea though. Try something like this.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /focus Twilight Sapper
    /focus Elementium Bolt
    /cast [@focus,harm,nodead][]Pyroblast
    /clearfocus [dead]

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

I'm leveling a warrior and would like to have Charge and Intercept on the same button.
    I tried the simple
    /cast Charge
    /cast Intercept
    But it just ended up using both if they were both off CD. Any help?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crummy View Post
    I'm leveling a warrior and would like to have Charge and Intercept on the same button.
    I tried the simple
    /cast Charge
    /cast Intercept
    But it just ended up using both if they were both off CD. Any help?
    They're both on the GCD, so they cannot be macro'd like that. It will always try to use Charge, no matter the CD. You'll need to assign conditions, when you want to use which spell (I don't play a warrior and know surprisingly little, but iirc charge can't be used in combat, so my proposition:

Code:
    /cast [nocombat] Charge; Intercept

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    They're both on the GCD, so they cannot be macro'd like that. It will always try to use Charge, no matter the CD. You'll need to assign conditions, when you want to use which spell (I don't play a warrior and know surprisingly little, but iirc charge can't be used in combat, so my proposition:

Code:
    /cast [nocombat] Charge; Intercept
    -snip-
    *EDIT* Your macro seems to work! Thank you
    Last edited by Crummy; 2012-02-28 at 06:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm looking for a Feral druid macro for CC. I run 3s and wish to set up 3 seperate macros for each arena target...in each individual macro, id like it to cast cyclone at arena1 with no mod. with shift mod id like it to cast entangling roots on arena1, and with ctrl mod id like it to cast hibernate. I found one on arena junkies website but all it does is cast cyclone...can anybody help me? this is what the arenajunkies macro looks like that doesnt work
    /cast [@arena1] Cyclone
    /cast [@arena1,modifier:shift] Entangling Roots
    /cast [@arena1,modifier:ctrl] Hibernate

EDIT: as i said earlier, i wanted to make 3 different macros. each macro would be in charge of a certain arena target. arena1,arena2, and arena3.

EDIT2: I was going through some of my other macros and i think i have found a way to do this. Can somebody doublecheck this to make sure it looks okay? I will be replacing "arena1" with "arena2" and "arena3" for my other macros....but here it is...btw, im VERY new to macros.

/cast [nomod, target=arena1] Cyclone; [mod: shift, target=arena1] Entangling Roots; [mod: ctrl, target=arena1] Hibernate;
    Last edited by Aquaux; 2012-03-01 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaux View Post
    I'm looking for a Feral druid macro for CC. I run 3s and wish to set up 3 seperate macros for each arena target...in each individual macro, id like it to cast cyclone at arena1 with no mod. with shift mod id like it to cast entangling roots on arena1, and with ctrl mod id like it to cast hibernate. I found one on arena junkies website but all it does is cast cyclone...can anybody help me? this is what the arenajunkies macro looks like that doesnt work
    /cast [@arena1] Cyclone
    /cast [@arena1,modifier:shift] Entangling Roots
    /cast [@arena1,modifier:ctrl] Hibernate

EDIT: as i said earlier, i wanted to make 3 different macros. each macro would be in charge of a certain arena target. arena1,arena2, and arena3.

EDIT2: I was going through some of my other macros and i think i have found a way to do this. Can somebody doublecheck this to make sure it looks okay? I will be replacing "arena1" with "arena2" and "arena3" for my other macros....but here it is...btw, im VERY new to macros.

/cast [nomod, target=arena1] Cyclone; [mod: shift, target=arena1] Entangling Roots; [mod: ctrl, target=arena1] Hibernate;
    Just make sure shift/ctrl + key combination isn't bound elsewhere on your Keybinds.
    Code:
    /use [mod:shift,@arena1]Entangling Roots;[mod:ctrl,@arena1]Hibernate;[@arena1]Cyclone

Quote Originally Posted by vonduberschnitz View Post
    i have a quick question for you macro pros

im using the following for spine:

/cleartarget
    /target boss2
    /stopmacro [noexist]
    /use bottled wishes
    /cast berserking

but it is still using my racial and my bottle even if the tendon isn't out yet. is there a way i can fix this and make it work properly?
    Try [noexists] instead.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-03-02 at 07:00 AM.

I want a macro like:

#showtooltip Hymn of Hope
    /5 >>Hymn of Hope<<
    /cast Hymn of Hope

How would I prevent the macro from spamming chat? Do I add an '!' somewhere?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quela View Post
    I want a macro like:

#showtooltip Hymn of Hope
    /5 >>Hymn of Hope<<
    /cast Hymn of Hope

How would I prevent the macro from spamming chat? Do I add an '!' somewhere?
    There is a way to make a /run command that starts a stopwatch when you do /5 HoH once, and then prevents it from being spammed for a certain amount of time. It's on the last pages somewhere, maybe I can find it for you.

But anyway, for these purposes, RSA (a spell announcer addon) is very suitable as well.

---------- Post added 2012-03-02 at 10:41 AM ----------

Here it is:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Mind Control
    /stopmacro [noexists][dead][help]
    /run local t=GetTime()if t-(SAYTIME or 0)>5 then SendChatMessage("begins casting Mind Control on %t", "EMOTE", nil, nil); SAYTIME=t end
    Go along those lines. obviously, replace Mind Control with what you're using, and replace [help] with [harm] if you're using the macro for a helpful spell.

Deleted
    And make sure you use a different variable time (change the two SAYTIME) for every macro.

Are you posting it to the custom channel number "5" or after 5 seconds, either way RSA or the macro above can help respectively.

Yeah, channel 5 for healer chat. I will try that addon you linked though! Thanks

hey guys, i was wondering if it was possible to make a macro with a /s line in it thats spammable but only says the /s line once, thanks in advance

this is the macro that I have

#showtooltip Revenge
    /startattack
    /cast Revenge
    /cast Heroic Strike

all I need is that the Heroic Strike not run if the rage is below 40, something like:

#showtooltip Revenge
    /startattack
    /cast Revenge
    /cast [not run if rage is below 40] Heroic Strike

thanks for your time and answers

That won't be possible with Lightning Bolt, as it's not a chanelled spell. Best bet is to sidestep if you need to interrupt it manually.
    Good luck with Unleashed Lightning glyph. You'll either have to make a specific macro for /stopcasting and bind it, or hit esc.

Quote Originally Posted by gringo371 View Post
    this is the macro that I have

#showtooltip Revenge
    /startattack
    /cast Revenge
    /cast Heroic Strike

all I need is that the Heroic Strike not run if the rage is below 40, something like:

#showtooltip Revenge
    /startattack
    /cast Revenge

Not possible, you'll just have to l2p and keep an eye on rage yourself and bind HS to its own key.
    Last edited by Ascendant; 2012-03-04 at 08:32 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orcpeon View Post
    hey guys, i was wondering if it was possible to make a macro with a /s line in it thats spammable but only says the /s line once, thanks in advance
    "once" is hard to define in terms of macros. But there is a way to suppress it being said for a given amount of time. I'll just quote some macro gurus and myself:

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post

Here it is:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Mind Control
    /stopmacro [noexists][dead][help]
    /run local t=GetTime()if t-(SAYTIME or 0)>5 then SendChatMessage("begins casting Mind Control on %t", "EMOTE", nil, nil); SAYTIME=t end
    Go along those lines. Obviously, replace Mind Control with what you're using, and replace [help] with [harm] if you're using the macro for a helpful spell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    And make sure you use a different variable time (change the two SAYTIME) for every macro.
    Or you use this addon:
    either way RSA or the macro above can help respectively.

---------- Post added 2012-03-04 at 03:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gringo371 View Post

#showtooltip Revenge
    /startattack
    /cast Revenge

Quote Originally Posted by Ascendant View Post
    Not possible, you'll just have to l2p and keep an eye on rage yourself and bind HS to its own key.
    To put it more precisely and nicely, the things a macro can base decisions on are very limited.
    A macro cannot detect nor make decisions based on anything like cooldowns, (non)presence of (de)buffs, mana/rage/energy levels, combo points and alike.
    Last edited by mmocdd8e41448a; 2012-03-04 at 02:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm looking for a macro that does the following;

I would like it to cast Heroic Strike when I'm in actionbar page 1, and Cleave when I'm in actionbar page 2.

Is that possible?
    Warlock (SL main)

Quote Originally Posted by Thundertom View Post
    I'm looking for a macro that does the following;

I would like it to cast Heroic Strike when I'm in actionbar page 1, and Cleave when I'm in actionbar page 2.

Is that possible?
    Try this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [actionbar:1]Heroic Strike;Cleave