Hey guys

I've been searching over the inet for the following macro but I just cannot find it :/

I used to have it but, due to a reinstall or something, my macro list was cleared.

The macro that makes you auto-attack a target when you're out of energy while "casting" Sinister Strike or Mutilate.
    The macro forces you to auto-attack that target instead of just standing there and wait until you have the required energy. Or manually click the target to engage combat.

Thank you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollshape View Post
    Hey guys

I've been searching over the inet for the following macro but I just cannot find it :/

I used to have it but, due to a reinstall or something, my macro list was cleared.

The macro that makes you auto-attack a target when you're out of energy while "casting" Sinister Strike or Mutilate.
    The macro forces you to auto-attack that target instead of just standing there and wait until you have the required energy. Or manually click the target to engage combat.

Thank you.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /startattack
    /cast Sinister Strike

Hey everyone,

I've been wanting to make a macro for my shaman, to, if talented, cast Elemental Blast, and mod to Lightning Bolt when I press Shift, and if I don't talent Elemental Blast, just be lightning bolt.

And also a macro to save more space, that will use the spell I have talented for that tier, like have it show and use Elemental Mastery if talented, or Ancestral Swiftness if that one is talented and so on.
    Last edited by Manu9; 2012-10-15 at 09:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by manu9 View Post
    Hey everyone,

I've been wanting to make a macro for my shaman, to, if talented, cast Elemental Blast, and mod to Lightning Bolt when I press Shift, and if I don't talent Elemental Blast, just be lightning bolt.

And also a macro to save more space, that will use the spell I have talented for that tier, like have it show and use Elemental Mastery if talented, or Ancestral Swiftness if that one is talented and so on.
    Personally I'd recommend having Elemental Blast as the modifier action, as you'll be using the key for Lightning Bolt more than Elemental Blast. Thus you can also just not hit the modifier for when you don't have Elemental Blast talented.

Code:
    #showtooltip Elemental Blast
    /cast [mod:shift] Elemental Blast; Lightning Bolt
    If you still want your version, though, here it is:

Code:
    /cast [mod:shift] Lightning Bolt; Elemental Blast
    /cast Lightning Bolt
    As for the space-saving macro, there are addons for it (though I don't remember the name of it), but natively I don't think macros support it. If the spell doesn't trigger the GCD however (check wowhead for the spell and see if the spell has a GCD of 0 seconds), you can list all of them as a /cast macro, and it'll fire on the first spell you're able to cast. Also, you could put a single spell that does trigger the GCD last. For example:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Astral Shift
    /cast Stone Bulwark Totem
    would work. It'll try casting Astral Shift, and if it cannot, it'll move on to the next one. Stone Bulwark Totem triggers a GCD, so the macro won't progress further than that, but that's fine as it's the last section of the macro.

Deleted
    Hello =)

I've used this macro since the start of Cata on my DK and now it suddenly doesn't work with my favorite mount: the X-53 Touring Rocket!

The problem is that, if Horn of Winter is on CD it wont mount! However this is ONLY the case when I'm using X-53 Touring Rocket. All other mounts that I have seem to work just fine, even when HoW is on CD. Does anyone have a solution to this or should I post it as a bug?

Code:
    #showtooltip 
    /cast Horn of Winter
    /cast X-53 Touring Rocket
    Thank you ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibsgaard View Post
    Hello =)

I've used this macro since the start of Cata on my DK and now it suddenly doesn't work with my favorite mount: the X-53 Touring Rocket!

The problem is that, if Horn of Winter is on CD it wont mount! However this is ONLY the case when I'm using X-53 Touring Rocket. All other mounts that I have seem to work just fine, even when HoW is on CD. Does anyone have a solution to this or should I post it as a bug?

Code:
    #showtooltip 
    /cast Horn of Winter
    /cast X-53 Touring Rocket
    Thank you ^^
    After some research, it would appear the X-53 Touring Rocket is one of the few mounts which trigger a GCD, which is why it's not working with your macro.

Compare the GCD value of the rocket with randomly selected others like the black stallion, the green wind rider or the black nightsaber.

In short, nothing can be done. Either cast each separately, or use a different mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Personally I'd recommend having Elemental Blast as the modifier action, as you'll be using the key for Lightning Bolt more than Elemental Blast. Thus you can also just not hit the modifier for when you don't have Elemental Blast talented.

Code:
    /cast [mod:shift] Elemental Blast; Lightning Bolt
    If you still want your version, though, here it is:

Code:
    /cast [mod:shift] Lightning Bolt; Elemental Blast
    /cast Lightning Bolt
    As for the space-saving macro, there are addons for it (though I don't remember the name of it), but natively I don't think macros support it. If the spell doesn't trigger the GCD however (check wowhead for the spell and see if the spell has a GCD of 0 seconds), you can list all of them as a /cast macro, and it'll fire on the first spell you're able to cast. Also, you could put a single spell that does trigger the GCD last. For example:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Astral Shift
    /cast Stone Bulwark Totem
    would work. It'll try casting Astral Shift, and if it cannot, it'll move on to the next one. Stone Bulwark Totem triggers a GCD, so the macro won't progress further than that, but that's fine as it's the last section of the macro.
    Thanks, but there is a slight problem with the third one, it doesn't show the tooltip and icon of the active talent, it just shows it if it were the first line in the macro.
    Last edited by Manu9; 2012-10-16 at 10:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Castsequence can't do that, but you can set it up to work on a modifier or right mouse button.

Code:
    #showtooltip Metamorphosis
    /use [button:2] Grimoire of Sacrifice
    /use [button:2] Dark Soul: Knowledge
    /use [button:2] 13
    /use [button:2] 14
    /use [button:2] Imp Swarm
    /use [button:1] Metamorphosis
    This one will use all the buffs and Imp Swarm (unless GoSac triggers GCD? Not sure on that, but I don't think it does) on a right click, while a left click activates Metamorphosis. Also note this uses both your trinkets (inventory slots 13 and 14). Replace [button:2] with [mod:ctrl] for a CTRL modifier, or just [mod] for any modifier, and remove [button:1] at the end if you prefer not clicking it.
    Thanks for the help, GoSac indeed does not trigger GCD by the way.

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 11:55 PM ----------

How can I make a macro that will cast Metamorphosis if I'm in caster stance, but doesn't do anything if I'm in Metamorphosis? Something like /cast[stance=1] Metamorphosis, except that doesn't work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
    How can I make a macro that will cast Metamorphosis if I'm in caster stance, but doesn't do anything if I'm in Metamorphosis? Something like /cast[stance=1] Metamorphosis, except that doesn't work.
    The metamorphosis stance is number 1, so your macro should be:

/use [noform:1] Metamorphosis

Deleted
    Thank you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by manu9 View Post
    Thanks, but there is a slight problem with the third one, it doesn't show the tooltip and icon of the active talent, it just shows it if it were the first line in the macro.
    Yeah, that's a limitation in the macro system. To my knowledge you cannot circumvent it. The way #showtooltip works is that by itself, it shows the icon of the first (or next, in the case of /castsequence) spell/item in the macro, in this case Astral Shift. It will always show this one. If you suffix a spell or item, it will show that icon and tooltip, so #showtooltip Stone Bulwark Totem would always show that icon and tooltip, never showing Astral Shift.

The only way to my knowledge to show context-sensitive icons is by using [mod]. For example, #showtooltip [mod:shift] Stone Bulwark Totem; Astral Shift would show Astral Shift by default, unless the modifier key Shift is pressed, in which case it would show Stone Bulwark Totem. There's no way to have it dynamically update the icon based on the talent you currently have though.

Aside form the icon and tooltip, though, the macro should work.

---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 08:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Panacia View Post
    /use [noform:1] Metamorphosis
    The 1 is redundant, but it works.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [noform] Metamorphosis

Deleted
    I forgot that I need to use it in a castsequence macro. It looks like this:

/castsequence reset=15 Imp Swarm, Metamorphosis

Is it possible to make it so that I can use Imp Swarm regardless of what form I am in, but Metamorphosis will only be used in caster form? The reason I need this is that I sometimes use this macro in Meta form to use the Imp Swarm and then by force of habit accidentally click it twice, taking me out of Meta again.

Deleted
    I forgot that I need to use it in a castsequence macro. It looks like this:

/castsequence reset=15 Imp Swarm, Metamorphosis

Is it possible to make it so that I can use Imp Swarm regardless of what form I am in, but Metamorphosis will only be used in caster form? The reason I need this is that I sometimes use this macro in Meta form to use the Imp Swarm and then by force of habit accidentally click it twice, taking me out of Meta again.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [form:1] Imp Swarm
    /castsequence [noform] reset=15/alt Imp Swarm, Metamorphosis

Deleted
    Thanks. I just tried it and the first click will cast Imp Swarm, but the second won't put me in Metamorphosis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trying to get me a macro that gouges focus when out of stealth and saps when I'm in stealth/dance. I know I had this macro in Cata but a while back all of my macros got reset and I havn't been able to remake it.

#showtooltip
    /cast [@focus][stance:0] Gouge
    /cast [@focus][stance:1/2/3] Sap

Looking like that atm
    hey all

Quote Originally Posted by nellpyiwe View Post
    Trying to get me a macro that gouges focus when out of stealth and saps when I'm in stealth/dance. I know I had this macro in Cata but a while back all of my macros got reset and I havn't been able to remake it.

#showtooltip
    /cast [@focus][stance:0] Gouge
    /cast [@focus][stance:1/2/3] Sap

Looking like that atm
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [form,@focus] Sap; [@focus] Gouge

---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 01:00 PM ----------

Thanks. I just tried it and the first click will cast Imp Swarm, but the second won't put me in Metamorphosis.
    The macro looks like it will work, at least the cast sequence part. I think Metamorphosis is form 2, at least that's what some potentially outdated sources say. Regardless, you can just remove the number specificity as long as locks only have one form and it will work.

Does the tooltip advance to Metamorphosis when you cast Imp Swarm?

If you can't get it to work, try this:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=15 Imp Swarm, !Metamorphosis
    You could also solve all of this with a mod:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod] !Metamorphosis; Imp Swarm
    Last edited by Squirl; 2012-10-17 at 07:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [form,@focus] Sap; [@focus] Gouge
    Thanks mate <3
    hey all

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    The macro looks like it will work, at least the cast sequence part. I think Metamorphosis is form 2, at least that's what some potentially outdated sources say. Regardless, you can just remove the number specificity as long as locks only have one form and it will work.

Does the tooltip advance to Metamorphosis when you cast Imp Swarm?

If you can't get it to work, try this:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=15 Imp Swarm, !Metamorphosis
    You could also solve all of this with a mod:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod] !Metamorphosis; Imp Swarm
    That is a very good point - I had entirely forgotten about the toggle-breaker. The first macro Squirl posted should work great if it's specifically a castsequence macro that's wanted.

Also, is Metamorphosis really form 2? What's form 1 then? Regardless, as stated, just [form] would work dandy.

Deleted
    I've tried all your suggestions, but I really can't get it to work. I'll post the entire thing:

#showtooltip
    /cast Grimoire of Sacrifice
    /cast Dark Soul: Knowledge
    /use Dreadful Gladiator's Badge of Dominance

The last two lines I replaced with your other suggestions and while everything up to and inculding Imp Swarm works fine, it just won't cast Metamorphosis with the second click.

I've tried all your suggestions, but I really can't get it to work. I'll post the entire thing:

#showtooltip

The last two lines I replaced with your other suggestions and while everything up to and inculding Imp Swarm works fine, it just won't cast Metamorphosis with the second click.
    Here's some other things to try:

Make a macro with just the cast sequence and #showtooltip. When you click it the first time, casting Imp Swarm, does the tooltip change to Metamorphosis? If it does, the problem is likely elsewhere.

Additionally, if you use Imp Swarm and DO NOT use Metamorphosis within 15s, the cast sequence will reset and lock you out of Metamorphosis. I don't play a lock, so I don't know how common that would be. You can just leave the reset off and it will cycle through every time or set the reset to Imp Swarm's CD (in seconds). That would look like this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip 
    /cast [form] Imp Swarm
    /castsequence [noform] reset=120 Imp Swarm, !Metamorphosis
    I don't play a lock, but this macro doesn't seem optimal for managing these cooldowns. You might want to consider some different solutions such as a mod, l-click/r-click (sounds like you click? might want to address that too, but whatevs), separate buttons, etc.