Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoWayToWin View Post
    Hello everyone, i believe my problem was already mentioned, but i can't fint it through search, i'm sorry if it's a repeat.
    All i want is a macro which will cast one of my totems and then say something like "expired" when it ends. (I saw it on a video, it was even like StormLash totem UP, and then Expired in 2, Expired in 1, Expired). I tried to search it for myself, but didn't find anything useful, all i found is information that macroses can't wait and then apply an action (but i saw it!) I tried to search addons, but AfterCast was the only thing i found, and it's not exactly what i was looking for, and additionally it is out-of-date.
    May be i missed the correct topic, but i believe it's more like an easy macro than an addon. Thanks a lot in advance ^_^
    No, you can't do that. You'll need an addon for it. There's plenty of addons that offers functionality similar to, or exactly like, what you're asking. I can recommend both Power Auras and Weak Auras for starters.

---------- Post added 2012-10-29 at 09:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Katza View Post
    This still doesn't work. In human form, Hellfire goes off. In demon form, Immolation Aura does not when I press it a second time.
    Well, things to consider when making a macro for this... unless I'm mistaken, Immolation Aura isn't a spell but a passive ability that makes Hellfire non-channeled while in Metamorphosis. Does it even change the buff name to Immolation Aura, or does it keep being called Hellfire?

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cancelaura [channeling] [form] Hellfire
    /stopmacro [channeling] [form]
    /cast Hellfire
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    Try that, if I'm correct and Hellfire keeps being named Hellfire. If it changes to being named Immolation Aura, try this:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cancelaura [form] Immolation Aura
    /cancelaura [channeling] Hellfire
    /stopmacro [form] [channeling]
    /cast [form] Immolation Aura; Hellfire
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    Edit: Upon reconsideration, my above macros won't work very well either. Hmm...

I can't think of a good way to make the stopmacro command work, not without a modifier. I'll see if any ideas appear overnight.
    Last edited by mmoc10ec13b383; 2012-10-29 at 06:25 PM.

So. Is it possible to make a macro that casts Purify if you're targeting a friendly target (or no one, AKA yourself), and Dispel Magic if you're targeting an enemy?

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    So. Is it possible to make a macro that casts Purify if you're targeting a friendly target (or no one, AKA yourself), and Dispel Magic if you're targeting an enemy?
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [harm] Dispel Magic; Purify

Excellent topic! I also need some help.

#showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,mod:shift] Moonfire; [mod:shift] Moonfire
    /cast [@mouseover,harm] Wrath; Wrath

This is what I use now. This is for my resto druid. I want mouseover to have priority over a target.

It works, really, it does, but what happens is if I spam the Wrath button, and decide to press shift to refresh moonfire, it won't cast moonfire right after the cast. I really have to stop the wrath, wait, and then try again. Then it works. Any way to fix?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    Excellent topic! I also need some help.

#showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,mod:shift] Moonfire; [mod:shift] Moonfire
    /cast [@mouseover,harm] Wrath; Wrath

This is what I use now. This is for my resto druid. I want mouseover to have priority over a target.

It works, really, it does, but what happens is if I spam the Wrath button, and decide to press shift to refresh moonfire, it won't cast moonfire right after the cast. I really have to stop the wrath, wait, and then try again. Then it works. Any way to fix?
    Code:
    #showooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,mod:shift][mod:shift,harm]moonfire;[@mouseover,harm][]wrath
    Reason it doesn't switch back to moonfire while in the middle of a wrath spam is because you're using 2 /casts, don't ask me how exactly it works, I just know it tends to do that.
    Last edited by mmoc161c352136; 2012-10-30 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by madorable View Post
    Code:
    #showooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,mod:shift][mod:shift,harm]moonfire;[@mouseover,harm][]wrath
    Reason it doesn't switch back to moonfire while in the middle of a wrath spam is because you're using 2 /casts, don't ask me how exactly it works, I just know it tends to do that.
    Thank you so much

I saw a macro that did this before but I forgot to copy it down and I can't find the thread.

This is for the lvl 90 talents of a paladin to be specific.

Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    I saw a macro that did this before but I forgot to copy it down and I can't find the thread.

This is for the lvl 90 talents of a paladin to be specific.

Any help?
    Erm. What?

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Erm. What?
    Sorry was copypasting a thread that didn't get any replies so decided to post here.

The title was:
    Macro that changes depending on spec?

I just want it to switch from prism to execution sentence to lights hammer

Code:
    /use Holy Prism
    /use Light's Hammer
    /use Execution Sentence
    /run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("t90", G"Holy Prism" or G"Light's Hammer" or "Execution Sentence")
    You'll have to hit the macro once after changing talents for the macro icon to change. And change "t90" to your macro name

Alternative methods:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6147396102#2
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/talentmacros
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/talentspellmacro

Edit: Clarifying macro name
    Last edited by Khadjid; 2012-11-30 at 08:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    Code:
    /use Holy Prism
    /use Light's Hammer
    /use Execution Sentence
    /run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("t90", G"Holy Prism" or G"Light's Hammer" or "Execution Sentence")
    You'll have to hit the macro once after changing talents for the macro icon to change.
    Important little detail, you'll need to change the "t90" in that macro to the name of your macro. (Or change the name of your macro to t90)

Well, the tooltip seemed to work but using the actual spell didn't. I did make a slight modification though because it was necessary.

I changed

/use Holy Prism
    /use Execution Sentence

to

/castsequence [@player] Holy Prism
    /castsequence [@target] Execution Sentence

I removed the lights hammer because I have it on another key.

Also, is it intentional you didn't have a G by execution sentence and had it by prism and lights hammer?

Hi, i need a macro that pops up stopwatch and count's down from 2 minutes every time i use my pvp trinket ( http://www.wowhead.com/item=84940/ma...e-of-dominance)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    Also, is it intentional you didn't have a G by execution sentence and had it by prism and lights hammer?
    Should be a G there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Elect0 View Post
    Hi, i need a macro that pops up stopwatch and count's down from 2 minutes every time i use my pvp trinket
    /use TRINKET (use 13 = upper trinket, use 14 = lower trinket, or just use the name)
    /sw 2:00
    /sw play

I'm looking for a macro that would mark the adds at Wind Lord Mel'jarak.
    The best would be to mark 2 Trappers 1 Blademaster and 2 Battle Menders

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably something similar has been asked before but don't have time to read all 200 pages (yes am that lazy) so bear with me. I have been trying to make a macro for my warlock that would cast Soulburn: Seed of Corruption when shift is down and just the normal Seed of Corruption without the shift modifier. Have had trouble making the modifier macros work before too..can't remember the right conditionals and the way they were suppose to be ordered for the macro to actually work. Thank you in advance to anyone who is able to help.

ps. a general "macro with modifier" example that would be easy to just fill out with whatever you need would be appreciated

edit: typos..

Deleted
    I usually dont make macros and i can't make this one to work... I use vuhdo to heal and i want to

a) if control key is pressed cast holy prism to the mouseover (the one i'm pointing @vuhdo)
    b) if nothing is pressed cast holy prism to the target of the mouseover.

I've tryed this but it's not working right:

/use [nomod][@mouseovertarget] Holy Prism
    /use [mod:ctrl][@mouseover] Holy Prism

Anyone can help?

thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    I usually dont make macros and i can't make this one to work... I use vuhdo to heal and i want to

a) if control key is pressed cast holy prism to the mouseover (the one i'm pointing @vuhdo)

Anyone can help?

thanks!

I use Vuhdo to heal on my priest too. Have you tried entering the macro (dragging it from the macros) to the Vuhdo binds setup slot for macro? to ctrl+right mouse button or ctr+left mousebutton. I remember I had some trouble getting macros to Vuhdo but then I eventually discovered how it's done :]

Edit: Also remember that for macros to work on Vuhdo I think you need to use "Vuhdo" as the target in your macro.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowOfThePast View Post
    Probably something similar has been asked before but don't have time to read all 200 pages (yes am that lazy) so bear with me. I have been trying to make a macro for my warlock that would cast Soulburn: Seed of Corruption when shift is down and just the normal Seed of Corruption without the shift modifier. Have had trouble making the modifier macros work before too..can't remember the right conditionals and the way they were suppose to be ordered for the macro to actually work. Thank you in advance to anyone who is able to help.

ps. a general "macro with modifier" example that would be easy to just fill out with whatever you need would be appreciated

edit: typos..
    Code:
    /cast [mod:Shift] Soulburn
    /cast Seed of Corruption
    Please be aware to NOT spam this macro if you hold shift down and can't cast (e.g you are moving) it will burn your soulshards. But should work as intended when you stand still.
    To briefly explain what this macro does: It will cast Seed of Corruption (or tries to) anytime you click it, if you hold down shift it will automatically use your soulburn ability before the cast occurs, which means you cast "Soulburn: Seed of Corruption".

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post

Anyone can help?

thanks!
    I am not familiar with vuhdo so I don't know if it accepts the normal conditions (heal bot doesn't). You made a mistake with the conditionals, you need to group the conditionals in one pair of brackets, if you do it in two different this means if first conditional [mod:ctrl] is true, cast Holy Prism (with no specification, that means to your current target), if false then use second conditonal [@mouseover], which will cast your Holy Prism on your mouseover target BUT not when you are holding down your ctrl key.
    Code:
    /cast [nomod, @mouseovertarget] Holy Prism
    /cast [mod:ctrl, @mouseover] Holy Prism

or (cosmetic change)

/cast [mod:ctrl, @mouseover][@mouseovertarget] Holy Prism
    EDIT: misunderstood something and changed it.
    Last edited by sshika; 2012-11-02 at 08:49 PM.