Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity_09 View Post
    I started a thread but also saw this so I will post in here as well.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to write a macro that that it would follow this priority.

If Alive and in or out of combat cast Holy Light
    If dead and in combat do nothing or whatever
    If dead and out of combat cast Redemption
    Code:
    /use [nocombat,dead]Redemption;Holy Light

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie95816 View Post
    [code]
    Code:
    /cast [@party1,mod:shift][@party2,mod:alt][@mouseover,help,nodead][]Purify
    I thank you, sir.

Deleted
    Can you make a macro that does the following?

Cast Demonic Circle: Teleport with Shift + D
    Cast Soulburn + Demonic Circle: Teleport with Alt + D.

I know how to make this macro with modifiers, but then I have to bind the macro to D and I want to keep that as a movement key.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
    Can you make a macro that does the following?

Cast Demonic Circle: Teleport with Shift + D
    Cast Soulburn + Demonic Circle: Teleport with Alt + D.

I know how to make this macro with modifiers, but then I have to bind the macro to D and I want to keep that as a movement key.
    Bind it on your actionbars, one for each spell. Otherwise, use an addon like Bindpad.

Code:
    /use [nocombat,dead]Redemption;Holy Light
    Almost works but when I bind it into clique it just heals myself unless I specifically target someone
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendou
    Also, Kodo is on fire. Bad Taurens! Fire bad for Kodo! Oh look it's dead now....oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadora View Post
    Blizzard, HOW DARE YOU! How dare you spend precious development time making a new, interesting feature and then turn around and try to make money off said development time. I AM ENTITLED TO EVERYTHING YOU EVER MAKE FOR FREE BECAUSE I BOUGHT THAT GAME THAT ONE TIME.
    Credit goes to Chris Hanel of The Daily Blink for the beautiful avatar picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity_09 View Post
    Almost works but when I bind it into clique it just heals myself unless I specifically target someone
    You never specified you wanted mouseovers.

Here is one that prioritizes mouseovers before target:
    Code:
    /use [@mouseover,nocombat,help,dead][nocombat,help,dead]Redemption;[@mouseover,help,nodead][]Holy Light
    Last edited by Newbie95816; 2013-02-12 at 06:18 AM.

You never specified you wanted mouseovers.

Here is one that prioritizes mouseovers before target:
    Code:
    /use [@mouseover,nocombat,help,dead][nocombat,help,dead]Redemption;[@mouseover,help,nodead][]Holy Light
    Sorry!! I am not aware how clique does its magic! I will try it in the morning and let you know. Thanks for your help!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendou
    Also, Kodo is on fire. Bad Taurens! Fire bad for Kodo! Oh look it's dead now....oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadora View Post
    Blizzard, HOW DARE YOU! How dare you spend precious development time making a new, interesting feature and then turn around and try to make money off said development time. I AM ENTITLED TO EVERYTHING YOU EVER MAKE FOR FREE BECAUSE I BOUGHT THAT GAME THAT ONE TIME.
    Credit goes to Chris Hanel of The Daily Blink for the beautiful avatar picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    No, should work as intended.

About the mouseover, what Panacia suggested in the 2nd post was what I was thinking about. IF nodead wouldn't imply exists, then his addition [@mouseover,exists,nodead] should make the macro work (i.e. jump to the 2nd and 3rd condition if you have no mouseover).
    Also, @target is redundant.
    So please try this macro and tell us if it still doesn't work:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,exists,nodead][exists,nodead][@player] Penance
    this worked perfectly. it does exactly what i want it to. you are a god among macro writers. i also macroed in a /use trinket and added Penance to the showtooltip line because when i pressed the button while penance was on cooldown, AND the trinket went off, it would show the CD for the trinket instead of penance, so far i have had no problems with this macro and it does exactly what i want it to.

tytytytytytyty <2

Edit: i also tried the macro with Cascade and it fixed the problems i was having with targeting there as well! the Exists clause, as well as shortening the mid section of the macro to two words made all the difference! i didn't know you could add a clause that didn't specify more specific target parameters. LEARNIN!
    Last edited by Mr.Pineapple; 2013-02-14 at 10:01 AM.
    Ask yourself a question: 'How have I made the world a better place today?'.

If your answer isn't legitimate, or meaningful: TRY HARDER - YOU ARE FAILING AT RL!

You are the product of 200 million years of evolution. Act Like It!

Deleted
    How do I make a macro so that it can be used as a mouseover OR on a target?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmeh-chan View Post
    How do I make a macro so that it can be used as a mouseover OR on a target?
    Code:
    /cast [@mouseover,exists][] spellname
    That one will prioritize a mouseover target over your actual target.

Code:
    /cast [@target,exists][@mouseover,exists] spellname
    That one will prioritize an actual target over a mouseover.

It may have been asked but how do I do a mouseover macro for fear (I play lock). I want it to do the following:

Assume I have a target A and want to fear target B. Target B should be feared without me deselecting target A (mouseovering B). Also, with the same macro (possibly using a modifier), I want to be able to cast Fear on target A.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    It may have been asked but how do I do a mouseover macro for fear (I play lock). I want it to do the following:

Assume I have a target A and want to fear target B. Target B should be feared without me deselecting target A (mouseovering B). Also, with the same macro (possibly using a modifier), I want to be able to cast Fear on target A.
    Code:
    /use [mod][@mouseover,harm,nodead]Fear
    Or something like this if you wanted shift to be your modifier.

Code:
    /use [mod:shift][@mouseover,harm,nodead]Fear

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post

Another possibility is

Code:
    /cast [mod][@mouseover,harm,nodead][] fear
    What that does is cast fear on your mouseover target if you have one, if not it will cast fear on your normal target, and if you press a mod it will cast fear on your normal target even if you have a mouseover target.

Deleted
    Code:
    /use [mod][@mouseover,harm,nodead]Fear
    Code:
    /use [mod:shift][@mouseover,harm,nodead]Fear
    Quote Originally Posted by madorable View Post
    Code:
    /cast [mod][@mouseover,harm,nodead][] fear
    These are all fine, I just wanted to add the "cleanest" version:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nomod,@mouseover,harm,nodead][] Fear
    The "nomod" makes the macro skip the first conditional if a mod is pressed, just as wished.
    "nomod" can be used like "mod", as in you can specify the mod; if e.g. you want to use only alt as a mod to fear your target instead of the mouseover, just write "nomod:alt".

Deleted
    Hi I am using this macro:

Code:
    /castsequence reset=10 Blood Presence, Raise Dead, Death Pact, Frost Presence
    But the reset does not seem to work. I thought after I had cast Frost Presence the macro would not reset until after 10 seconds after I began the sequence but I can instantly use Blood Presence after I have used Frost Presence after constantly hitting the macro which is not what I want. Why is this happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Pharrax View Post

Code:
    But the reset does not seem to work. I thought after I had cast Frost Presence the macro would not reset until after 10 seconds after I began the sequence but I can instantly use Blood Presence after I have used Frost Presence after constantly hitting the macro which is not what I want. Why is this happening?
    I believe reset will only apply if the sequence is not finished. Might be wrong, but that would explain why it does that.

---------- Post added 2013-02-16 at 01:30 PM ----------

Code:
    MAYBE this would work:

Code:
    /castsequence reset=10 Blood Presence, Raise Dead, Death Pact, Frost Presence, Frost Presence
    Last edited by CodeConqueror; 2013-02-16 at 08:09 PM.

Deleted
    Actually you were sort of right CodeConqueror:

/castsequence reset=115 Blood Presence, Raise Dead, Death Pact, Frost Presence, Frost Presence

Works because I cannot use Frost Presence while in Frost Presence so that stops the macro and then resets in 10 seconds which is good. I think you can use /stopmacro or something as well but this works fine.

Also while I'm at it, is there a way to have the "Raise Dead" spell showing on my bars with the cooldown text on it using OmniCC rather than having Blood Presence showing? The castsequence needs to start with blood plague but I would rather see the cooldown for raise Dead showing as I need to use them together.

Also while I'm at it, is there a way to have the "Raise Dead" spell showing on my bars with the cooldown text on it using OmniCC rather than having Blood Presence showing? The castsequence needs to start with blood plague but I would rather see the cooldown for raise Dead showing as I need to use them together.
    #showtooltip will do that:

Code:
    #showtooltip Raise Dead
    /castsequence reset=115 Blood Presence, Raise Dead, Death Pact, Frost Presence, Frost Presence

Also, be aware that the sequence reset timer count is reset each time it's pressed and not from the beginning of the sequence.
    Last edited by CodeConqueror; 2013-02-16 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Removed failed macro commands, cleaned up quotes and text.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm looking for a macro that I can put into my attack macros that will cause my ghoul to use his claw attack, and sweeping claws when he's transformed. Basically I wish to macro my pet's attacks into my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I'm looking for a macro that I can put into my attack macros that will cause my ghoul to use his claw attack, and sweeping claws when he's transformed. Basically I wish to macro my pet's attacks into my own.
    I don't have a UH spec to test with but I THINK when the ghoul transforms its name changes; so you could use something like:

Code:
    /cast [pet:NORMALGHOULPETNAME] Claw Attack
    /cast [pet:XFORMEDGHOULPETNAME] Sweeping Claws
    /cast MYMAINATTACK
    Last edited by CodeConqueror; 2013-02-17 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Grammar nerd fix