Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
    Not really, because it's hard for a macro to know what talents you have selected, unless you're in two different specs. But, with a modifier? It's EASY.
    I thought it was possible since cheapshot is always available to every rogue and shadowstep only if the talent is chosen.
    So it should use shadowstep whenever I have it as a talent, but when I don't have it and can't use it then it should use cheapshot.
    Isn't there some macro that first looks if shadowstep works, if it doesn't it uses cheapshot?

EDIT:

Figured it out, this works

Code:
    /cast [@arena1] Shadowstep
    /cast [@arena1] Cheap Shot
    So I guess you're wrong. Thanks anyway
    Last edited by mmoc810f4186eb; 2013-02-24 at 08:17 PM.

Deleted
    I'm sure this must've been asked on the forum before. I'm positive other mages have asked this. I just couldn't find it at all, so I'm sorry if this question has been answered a bunch of times already.

Is there any way to make a channeled skill impossible to interrupt by yourself?

In this case, I'm wondering if it's possible to cast evocation without having it be interrupted by myself. This so I can start spamming my fireball bind in advance, and have no risk of doing it a bit early and therefore losing the Invocation buff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsredd View Post
    I'm sure this must've been asked on the forum before. I'm positive other mages have asked this. I just couldn't find it at all, so I'm sorry if this question has been answered a bunch of times already.

Is there any way to make a channeled skill impossible to interrupt by yourself?

In this case, I'm wondering if it's possible to cast evocation without having it be interrupted by myself. This so I can start spamming my fireball bind in advance, and have no risk of doing it a bit early and therefore losing the Invocation buff.
    Code:
    #showtooltip fireball
    /cast [nochanneling:evocation]fireball
    This will make it impossible to use fireball while channeling evocation, but it can still break other channeled spells, if you want this to work on every channeled spell you can use:

Code:
    #showtooltip fireball
    /cast [nochanneling]fireball

(The #showtooltip fireball makes sure your spellicon doesn't turn into one of those ugly red question marks while channeling, just remove it if you do want the red question mark to show.)
    Last edited by mmoc161c352136; 2013-02-25 at 02:02 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
    Not really, because it's hard for a macro to know what talents you have selected, unless you're in two different specs.
    It's quite easy to check for a talent, so long as it is a usable talent, not a passive.
    I currently use this macro for my Lvl 90 warrior talents, and use variations of it for the lvl 60 and 75 talents.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use Avatar 
    /use Bloodbath
    /use Storm Bolt
    /run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("lvl90", G"Avatar" or G"Bloodbath" or G"Storm Bolt")
    It updates the icon and tooltip after it is used once. The "lvl90" is where you put the name of your macro, and just replace the abilities with your own class talents.

Quote Originally Posted by allevia View Post
    It's quite easy to check for a talent, so long as it is a usable talent, not a passive.
    I currently use this macro for my Lvl 90 warrior talents, and use variations of it for the lvl 60 and 75 talents.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use Avatar 
    /use Bloodbath
    /use Storm Bolt
    /run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("lvl90", G"Avatar" or G"Bloodbath" or G"Storm Bolt")
    It updates the icon and tooltip after it is used once. The "lvl90" is where you put the name of your macro, and just replace the abilities with your own class talents.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but that last line seems pointless. When you just place /cast commands for all the spells, if you're not specc'ed into it then it will skip it and move to the next one. I use that all the time. It should only show the tooltip for items/spells that you have.

Is that last line doing something that I'm not realizing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeConqueror View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but that last line seems pointless. When you just place /cast commands for all the spells, if you're not specc'ed into it then it will skip it and move to the next one. I use that all the time. It should only show the tooltip for items/spells that you have.

Is that last line doing something that I'm not realizing?
    The icon tends to not update properly (since the client does some caching on macro icons and won't properly realize you've respecced until you next load the icon, I believe). The last line forces it to update (by using SetMacroSpell on the first spell it can match in your spellbook, as GetSpellInfo with names only works for spells in your spellbook).

i searched on net but couldn't find any macro for spamming slam/heroic strike when overpower when not avalible. Can some1 help me about it?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    The last line forces it to update (by using SetMacroSpell on the first spell it can match in your spellbook, as GetSpellInfo with names only works for spells in your spellbook).
    Yup, that's why it's there. As a note, if you hate seeing the ? icon there and no tooltip, but don't want to waste the cd, get on your flying mount up in the air and press the macro to get it to update.

The icon tends to not update properly (since the client does some caching on macro icons and won't properly realize you've respecced until you next load the icon, I believe). The last line forces it to update (by using SetMacroSpell on the first spell it can match in your spellbook, as GetSpellInfo with names only works for spells in your spellbook).
    I see. Nice job. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderdust View Post
    i searched on net but couldn't find any macro for spamming slam/heroic strike when overpower when not avalible. Can some1 help me about it?
    Can't be done. No macro can detect if an ability is available/off cooldown and then cast something else if it's not. The only time you can do that is if it's an ability you don't have in the spec you're in, that can be skipped and move on to the next line in the macro. What you're looking for is something that is considered the macro playing for you and Blizzard will never allow for that. Things like that just make it so you can spam 1 button to play and it makes botter's lives easier.

Any time someone wants a macro to cast X unless Y then cast Z where Y is something not under your control (on cooldown or out of range), the solution is always: pay more attention and play better. Sounds douchey (is that even a word?), I know, but it's the truth.

Deleted
    Been trying to make some simple targeting macros and I managed to get them working but they seem to be inverted (or I'm just really daft)

I'm trying to target myself if I'm holding control and otherwise party member 1.
    /target [nomod] [@player]
    /target [mod:ctrl] [@party1]
    this works, but isnt it supposed to be the other way around? mod:ctrl should fire when I'm holding control, which it isnt.

Quote Originally Posted by CodeConqueror View Post
    I see. Nice job. Thanks.

Can't be done. No macro can detect if an ability is available/off cooldown and then cast something else if it's not. The only time you can do that is if it's an ability you don't have in the spec you're in, that can be skipped and move on to the next line in the macro. What you're looking for is something that is considered the macro playing for you and Blizzard will never allow for that. Things like that just make it so you can spam 1 button to play and it makes botter's lives easier.

Any time someone wants a macro to cast X unless Y then cast Z where Y is something not under your control (on cooldown or out of range), the solution is always: pay more attention and play better. Sounds douchey (is that even a word?), I know, but it's the truth.
    Thanks. I didn't know that. My fingers are short sometimes its a pain to reach all the buttons i asked macro because of that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by madorable View Post
    Text n stuff
    Completely forgot I posted here. Thank you very much for the macros! I'll put them to the test when I get home from work.

Thanks a million! Will make my life much easier.

just so you know, while it's not exactly the same thing, castrandom will attempt to cast only what is available, therefore you could macro

/cast superawesomeability
    /castrandom Amazing trinket

and not get spammed with "item not ready" messages

so I believe you could do something like
    /castrandom overpower
    /stopcast
    /cast slam
    /cast heroic strike

iirc macros aren't read in any particular order unless there's a stopcast command in there, so conceivably this would attempt to cast overpower, if it wasn't available then the macro would move on to the second two, I need to check this out in game though, I may be wrong.
    Last edited by Jagscorpion; 2013-02-28 at 10:28 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Girugamesh View Post
    Been trying to make some simple targeting macros and I managed to get them working but they seem to be inverted (or I'm just really daft)

I'm trying to target myself if I'm holding control and otherwise party member 1.

this works, but isnt it supposed to be the other way around? mod:ctrl should fire when I'm holding control, which it isnt.
    Multiple brackets are separate conditionals.
    Your code does:
    Code:
    1a. If no modifier is held, do /target.
    1b. Otherwise, do /target player.
    2a. If ctrl is held, do /target.
    2b. Otherwise, do /target party1.
    Your code should look like this:
    Code:
    /target [mod:ctrl,@party1][@player]

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    I'm looking for a macro that equips a specific weapon.

The usual macro
    Code:
    /equip [Weapon Name Here]
    will equip the weapon in your inventory, which is clear. But it gets bit complicated when I have 2 weapons with the same name inventory. Usually when the equip macro runs it will take the "other" weapon, not the one it suppose to.

How can I fix it, so if you run the macro it will take the correct item from inventory.

Code:
    /equip [Weapon 1]
    /use [Skill 1]
    Code:
    /equip [Weapon 2]
    /use [Skill 2]
    Weapon 1 and Weapon 2 are same items, with different reforges/enchants and it is really important that the correct weapon gets chosen for the skill I'm using.

Can someone pls give me some ideas on how should I make the macro work correctly?
    MAke a equip set with the weapon then use the equip set in the macro.

Deleted

Talking

Multiple brackets are separate conditionals.
    Your code does:
    Code:
    1a. If no modifier is held, do /target.
    1b. Otherwise, do /target player.
    2a. If ctrl is held, do /target.
    2b. Otherwise, do /target party1.
    Your code should look like this:
    Code:
    /target [mod:ctrl,@party1][@player]
    Thanks! Way prettier now, you learn something new every day

So i got a question:
    Why is this macro not working for me?

/cast [mod:ctrl, @arena1] Entangling Roots; [mod:shift, @arena1] Hibernate; [nomod, @arena1] Cyclone

It works fine without modifiers (i got it bound to num 7 since i got a naga) but whenever i hold down a modifier and press num 7 the icon changes to ? for a millisecond and nothing happens.
    Last edited by Taurentony; 2013-02-28 at 11:34 AM.

Deleted
    I have a question too. I'm trying to get a macro to use indoors in case of a ganking attempt: shadowmeld which takes me out of combat +potion of deepholm
    i've tried with:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Shadowmeld
    /use potion of deepholm

which just shadowmelds me and doesn't use the potion. It would be awesome to make it work and possibly add an indoor/outdoor line to it so i can use my flight form in case i can.
    Thanks!

Is it possible to have a macro that if I focus a mob to cast a spell on the mob but, if I focus another player that I can assist that player and cast a spell?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rhettmatic View Post
    Is it possible to have a macro that if I focus a mob to cast a spell on the mob but, if I focus another player that I can assist that player and cast a spell?

Thanks!
    Yes. As an example:

Code:
    /cast [@focus,harm] Shadow Word: Pain; [@focus,help] Renew

... will cast SW:P on a enemy focus and Renew on a friendly focus.

---------- Post added 2013-02-28 at 01:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Naaruu View Post
    I have a question too. I'm trying to get a macro to use indoors in case of a ganking attempt: shadowmeld which takes me out of combat +potion of deepholm
    i've tried with:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Shadowmeld
    /use potion of deepholm

which just shadowmelds me and doesn't use the potion. It would be awesome to make it work and possibly add an indoor/outdoor line to it so i can use my flight form in case i can.
    Thanks!
    That potion and flight form can't be used in combat. Since Shadowmeld doesn't instantly drop combat, the macro needs to be spammable. Try this:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [combat] !Shadowmeld; [flyable] !Swift Flight Form; Potion of Deepholm
    Last edited by Squirl; 2013-02-28 at 10:06 PM.