Page 1 of 327
... LastLast

Question Ask it! Macro Edition

This is THE thread where you can post ANY question about macros like "looking for a rogue macro...", "what does this macro do...",
    or "a macro that does this...", etc...

Be descriptive of what you want.

Use QUOTES when you reply to someone!
    Last edited by lawomous; 2011-03-26 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Ninjaing OP

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to have a macro that:

1. Intercepts if it's up
    2. Uses Heroic Fury if Intercept is down

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=30 Intercept, Heroic Fury; Intercept
    Seems to work but I was wondering if there was a way that I can make it more efficient (if there's anything that can/should be changed).

The above seems to:
    Always show Intercept
    ONLY Use Heroic Fury if Intercept is down

The only downside it seems is I don't see Heroic Fury's icon.
    Last edited by BaddyMcBad; 2010-09-17 at 01:19 AM.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

You might as well cut it down to

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=30 Intercept, Heroic Fury
    Because the "; Intercept" at the end means, do the castsequence "otherwise Intercept" which doesn't ever trigger. The icon will also switch to Heroic Fury when you use it using this macro.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a cross post from a priest thread but it's you macro geniuses that can answer it, so I will just summarise what I need it to do.

I need macro that will "use" the new Lightwell(the click it without targeting it one) and preferably also be able to show via "red out" if you are in range of the Lightwell for the macro to work. In 25man raids a Lightwell positioned near melee would be very beneficial during raid aoe but would also be very tricky to target if a lot of melee and spell effects are near it and more importantly having to rotate your camera to face it can be a big danger in some fights where you need to watch specific areas very closely.

It would certainly make it more useful, but there is no unprotected script to interact with objects or units.

BTW can we have this one stickied so people see it?

Deleted
    Fine, stickied. Still contemplating renaming the current Ask it! to include macros though.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Fine, stickied. Still contemplating renaming the current Ask it! to include macros though.
    I can see the idea in that, but I thought having a seperate forum would make it easier for those who are into macros, quickly looking the last few pages over. And the addon/mod people have a topic for them.

Hello, i have the question that what i should add to a macro that contains /y command, to can be spammed without repeating the initial yell?
    This account is considered as inactive as of 9th feb. 2011. I am now Gorgash from now on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it possible to implement a condition in a macro that would make it so one spell is used when you are less than x yards away from the target and the other when you are over x yards away from the target?

Click signature for main character's armory.

Deleted
    @ anya: i believe you need a custom addon for that. maybe it is possible to juggle with /stopmacro or something, but i don't know... safest bet would be to get a custom addon.

@moonzapdos: it is only possible when 1 spell has a range shorter than X and will only cast with a target selected. then you can say

Code:
    /cast short range spell
    /cast long range spell
    however, since most spells have the same range, it's not possible.
    Last edited by mmocb0245d6bcb; 2010-09-26 at 02:30 PM.

There are limitations on conditionals in a macro/addon, and range is one that you cannot use to control a spellcast.
    In other words, you cannot do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anya Eversong View Post
    Hello, i have the question that what i should add to a macro that contains /y command, to can be spammed without repeating the initial yell?
    You could use the following piece if you're using the /yell together with a spell:
    /run if GetSpellCooldown("SPELLNAME") == 0 then SendChatMessage("CHAT MESSAGE ","CHAT") end
    /cast SPELLNAME
    Just change the bolded text to your needs. You can change "CHAT" to SAY, YELL, PARTY, RAID but not custom channels such as General or Trade.
    As an example; this is what I use for my Mana Tide Totem macro:
    #showtooltip Mana Tide Totem
    /run if GetSpellCooldown("Mana Tide Totem") == 0 then SendChatMessage("--[Mana Tide Totem] used!--","PARTY") end
    /cast Mana Tide Totem
    It checks if the spell is not on cooldown and if that is true then sends a chat message to specified chat.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonZapdos View Post
    Is it possible to implement a condition in a macro that would make it so one spell is used when you are less than x yards away from the target and the other when you are over x yards away from the target?
    The only example I can think of that this works with is binding a melee ability such as Rend or Victory Rush to Charge. When you are 8-30 yards away it charges, and when you are in melee range it uses the melee ability. But this only works because Charge happens to be off the GCD.

This has been driving me up the wall...
    I'm trying to use more modifiers to up my game in pvp, but I'm running out of bar space and would rather have everything as much as possible in one place...

Anyway, I want my macro to cast Frostbolt when pressed without a modifier
    Then cast scorch if pressed with a modifier (Control)

I currently have...

#showtooltip
    /cast [nomod:ctrl]Frostbolt
    /cast [mod:ctrl]Scorch

And the tooltips show up fine, and I'm usually pretty decent at macros... but I think I must be missing something blatant

Would any of you be so kind as to point out my problem?

Much appriciated,
    Toasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Toasted View Post
    This has been driving me up the wall...
    I'm trying to use more modifiers to up my game in pvp, but I'm running out of bar space and would rather have everything as much as possible in one place...

Anyway, I want my macro to cast Frostbolt when pressed without a modifier
    Then cast scorch if pressed with a modifier (Control)

I currently have...

#showtooltip
    /cast [nomod:ctrl]Frostbolt

And the tooltips show up fine, and I'm usually pretty decent at macros... but I think I must be missing something blatant

Would any of you be so kind as to point out my problem?

Much appriciated,
    Toasted.
    There is no need to include a modifier with Nomod.
    Remove the ctrl from it.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nomod]Frostbolt

Even the way you originally wrote it still works, so maybe check that for example if you have this macro bound to 5, that you don't have something different bound to Control+5 like actionbar swapping or something.

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:ctrl]Scorch;Frostbolt

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Even the way you originally wrote it still works, so maybe check that for example if you have this macro bound to 5, that you don't have something different bound to Control+5 like actionbar swapping or something.
    It was the damn keybinds!

Thanks a lot, the two of you

/send cookies

Is it possible to cast spell on target of mouseover target?
    For example I would like to cast Judgment on boss while only doing mouseover on my tank on grid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, guys. I am gonna ask a simple question. One of my friends managed to fix me a castsequence macro but now I can't seem to remember how you do it. If you could tell me it would be greatly appreciated. ^^ (it doesn't matter for which class I just wonder how you do one)
    /Musra
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu