Deleted
    Huh, that might be new. I'm not sure on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Edx View Post
    Oh, I guess WoWWiki is outdated then, it says "You can still use this function outside of secure code to open trade skill windows and to summon non-combat pets and mounts. " on the functions wiki page.
    CastSpellByName worked perfectly, thanks a lot.

Deleted
    Could someone please give me a macro that allows for easier changing of specs? Specifically changing from Arms to Fury and/or the other way around and equipping items at the same time. (More specifically changing from Arms 2 hander to fury with titans grip, if that helps)

Thank you.
    Last edited by mmoc6dd45b8008; 2013-08-17 at 10:10 AM.

Deleted
    I don't think you can go from Arms the Fury and equip your TG Fury set with a single macro. You can't DW 2 handers while still in Arms spec and you can't (AFAIK) make the macro wait until the spec change is complete before changing gear set.
    Ah. How about just a talent change macro?

Deleted
    Code:
    /usetalents [spec:1] 2; [spec:2] 1

You can have a second macro to switch to spec appropriate gear
    Code:
    /equipset [spec:1] spec2gearset; [spec:2] spec1gearset
    spec1,2gearset must be substituted by the actual names of gear sets obviously.
    Thank you.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    you cannot equip items while changing spec (casting) but it should work if you invert the two macros (click once for changing spec and click the second time while moving to equip the gear)

or:
    Code:
    /equipset [spec:2] spec2gearset; [spec:1] spec1gearset
    /usetalents [spec:1] 2; [spec:2] 1
    this should do both at the same time, but won't work if you only want to equip gear (will equip the opposite gear before changing spec)

Deleted
    A simple macro that casts Flame Shock on a nearby target, then switches back to my original target? I've tried several combinations, but i can't quite seem to make it work properly.

Cheers

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Code:
    /targetenemy
    /cast [exists, @targettarget] Flame Shock
    /targetlasttarget
    the [] part will prevent the pull of random packs not in combat but won't work when enemies have no target, just remove it if you know how to avoid tabpulling
    Last edited by S7orm; 2013-08-17 at 10:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post
    Code:
    /targetenemy
    /cast [exists, @targettarget] Flame Shock
    /targetlasttarget
    the [] part will prevent the pull of random packs not in combat but won't work when enemies have no target, just remove it if you know how to avoid tabpulling
    Cheers, works

Deleted
    Hi I have this macro:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /target mouseover
    /script UIErrorsFrame:UnregisterEvent("UI_ERROR_MESSAGE");
    /stopcasting
    /script UIErrorsFrame:RegisterEvent("UI_ERROR_MESSAGE");
    /cast Healing Surge
    But I want it to not redo the "/stopcasting" part if I accidentally press the key more than once within 3 seconds and not if I am casting another Healing Surge. So only stop casting if I am currently casting another spell besides healing surge when pressed. Is this possible? Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

ah damn apparently this is not possible:
    http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=180229/stopcast-only-if-casting-a-different-spell

:/

Deleted
    Well, there's a [channeling:spell] conditional, but I don't think there's actually an equivalent [casting:spell] conditional, and I also don't think [channeling:spell] works for non-channeled spells. It's not really something that makes sense.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Well, there's a [channeling:spell] conditional, but I don't think there's actually an equivalent [casting:spell] conditional, and I also don't think [channeling:spell] works for non-channeled spells. It's not really something that makes sense.
    confirm, everything regarding casting is protected to avoid supersmart bots

Using Prowl outside Cat Form will shift to Cat and Prowl in the same global so this should work:
    Code:
    /cast [combat] !Cat Form; !Prowl
    Will this same macro work for Stampeding Roar (exchanging SR for Prowl at the end)?

I have 2 questions about Balance Druid macros.

1. Is is possible to have a macro for Starsurge that will interrupt your other cast (Starfire, Wrath), but not the Starsurge itself?

2. Is it possible to have a castsequence or any other type macro that will put priority on Starsurge and cast it on cooldown, and then do a series of Wraths/Starfires as I spam it, and when the Starsurge gets off cooldown, it should cast Starsurge again?

Quote Originally Posted by Lopina View Post
    I have 2 questions about Balance Druid macros.

1. Is is possible to have a macro for Starsurge that will interrupt your other cast (Starfire, Wrath), but not the Starsurge itself?

2. Is it possible to have a castsequence or any other type macro that will put priority on Starsurge and cast it on cooldown, and then do a series of Wraths/Starfires as I spam it, and when the Starsurge gets off cooldown, it should cast Starsurge again?
    Not exactly what you are asking for, but I think this gets quite near your needs, use these instead of your regular wrath/starfire binds to cast the instant starsurge whenever you get a shooting star proc. Also, it may or may not cast a starsurge when it simply gets off cooldown dependin on your lag and button smashing, I dont use balance so I can not predict it, check it out, see how it works

/castsequence Wrath
    /cast Starsurge

&
    /castsequence Starfire
    /cast Starsurge
    Last edited by henrytxin; 2013-08-28 at 12:11 AM.

Deleted
    Didn't they fix that bug with /castsequence and /cast not properly blocking each other ages ago?

Deleted
    I need help with a macro.

If my target is an enemy and I have a focus I want to cast PW:S on my focus
    If my target is a friend I want to cast PW:S on my target
    If my target is an enemy and I don't have a focus I want to cast PW:S on my targets target
    If I don't have anything targetet I want to cast PW:S on myself.

Can this be done?

The macro Edx posted should work, but a quick comment: The help and harm conditionals both imply exists (because a target must exist for it to be friendly or harmful) and as such the exists conditionals above are extraneous. There's no harm in them being there, however.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

I use a heavily modified version of it for lava surge procs and it is absolutely working as intended, guessed that it would do the trick for balances as starsurge has a similar mechanic.

Deleted
    Hello macro geniouses of mmo-champion!

I come here today with a wish for a warlock pet macro to do the following;

Press the macro and pet attacks target if i have target otherwise nothing
    Press the macro and pet stops attacking target if its attacking.

This works fine until i try to add modifiers;

/petattack [target=pettarget,noexists]
    /petfollow [target=pettarget,exists]
    On top of that i would like to add modifiers for shift=/petmoveto and ctrl=/petstay

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance