Quote Originally Posted by Edx View Post
    Do you have seperate PvE and PvP specs? If so I think you can use the [spec:1]/[spec:2] modifier.
    Sometimes yes. But I use all 3 specs. 2 for PVE and 1(2) for PVP. Depending on situation. Going to try that out thank you

I'm using the macro below for my ExtraActionButton, but sometimes it fucks up and won't do anything and screws me all over. This happens especially when I am going to pass the Mark on Protectors to a player via mouseover or passing the ball on Sha of Fear (it's the same style). Do you see any flaws in the macro, or do you know how I can make it better?
    I don't know if the problem is caused by the macro or if it's something that interfere with the macro though.

I still want the focus-part to exist as a priority, so it works for encounters like Windlord Mel'jarak in Heart of Fear, to use the ExtraActionButton on your focus.

Code:
    /target [@focus,exists][@mouseover,help,nodead]
    /click ExtraActionButton1
    /targetlasttarget

Quote Originally Posted by skmzarn View Post
    I'm using the macro below for my ExtraActionButton, but sometimes it fucks up and won't do anything and screws me all over. This happens especially when I am going to pass the Mark on Protectors to a player via mouseover or passing the ball on Sha of Fear (it's the same style). Do you see any flaws in the macro, or do you know how I can make it better?
    I don't know if the problem is caused by the macro or if it's something that interfere with the macro though.

I still want the focus-part to exist as a priority, so it works for encounters like Windlord Mel'jarak in Heart of Fear, to use the ExtraActionButton on your focus.
    I'd guess you probably run into problems when you have a focus but you want to pass it to your mouseover.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I cannot get the following macro to work:

/cast [@Dark Shaman Acolyte, harm, nodead] [] Spell

What really confuses me is that the following macros work perfectly:

/cast [@focus, harm, nodead] [] Spell
    /cast [@mouseover, harm, nodead] [] Spell

What am I doing wrong in the first macro ?
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

Quote Originally Posted by pnutbutter View Post
    I'd guess you probably run into problems when you have a focus but you want to pass it to your mouseover.
    That's a good guess, unfortunately that's not it because I don't use the focus-part at all. I just want it to be available when/if it will be needed in later tiers. So I am not sure what is causing this. Thanks for your reply though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Googolplex View Post
    What am I doing wrong in the first macro ?
    You cannot target mobs by name in macros, only friendly players.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    You cannot target mobs by name in macros, only friendly players.
    Thanks, I could get it to work with friendly units, so I feared it might be that, oh well
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

Deleted
    I am back for more!

This time i would like a macro for my feral druid.

Currently im using this;

#showtooltip
    /cast [nomodifier] Wild Charge; /cast [modifier:shift] Typhoon; [modifier:ctrl] Faerie Fire; [modifier:alt] Hurricane
    It works perfectly. But... I would like to know if its possible for the Wild Charge in human form to target nearest friendly player
    if i dont have anyone targeted.

Sort of like safeguard choosing closest friendly player i guess!?

Thanks in advance!

That's a good guess, unfortunately that's not it because I don't use the focus-part at all. I just want it to be available when/if it will be needed in later tiers. So I am not sure what is causing this. Thanks for your reply though.

Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    I am back for more!

This time i would like a macro for my feral druid.

Currently im using this;

It works perfectly. But... I would like to know if its possible for the Wild Charge in human form to target nearest friendly player
    if i dont have anyone targeted.

Sort of like safeguard choosing closest friendly player i guess!?

Thanks in advance!
    Try this
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /targetraid [nomod,nohelp]
    /cast [mod:shift]Typhoon;[mod:ctrl]Faerie Fire;[mod:alt]Hurricane;Wild Charge

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

If you are lucky enough to have a different type of pvp weapon to your pve one then you can use something like this instead.

gun/bow/crossbow can be used.

Code:
    /stopcasting
    /cast Kill Shot
    /cancelaura Deterrence
    /cancelaura Hand of Protection
    /cast [equipped:bow] Growl(Basic Ability)
    /petattack

Quote Originally Posted by Jappse View Post
    I need help with a Growl macro. Everything else works fine. But instead of switching out Kill Shot every time I'm not in PVP (Because of Growl) I want it to only cast Growl when I wear a certain kind of gear-set. I have one DPS set and one PVP set in the Equipment Manager.

Is there a way to change the macro so that Growl only is cast when I'm equipped with the PVP gear?

Thanks

Looking for a Macro to use the "OpenAll" function of Postal.

The button on the MailFRame does this, how do i call this Postal_OpenAll:OpenAll() function?
    /script Postal_OpenAll:OpenAll() doesn't work here.

Where as Postal_OpenAll is
    local Postal_OpenAll = Postal:NewModule("OpenAll", "AceEvent-3.0")

and the button
    button:SetScript("OnClick", function() Postal_OpenAll:OpenAll() end)

So how do i call this function?
    Last edited by Yuyuli; 2014-04-23 at 02:26 AM.

Deleted
    If the button is globally named (/fstack it), you could simply do /click ButtonName.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    If the button is globally named (/fstack it), you could simply do /click ButtonName.
    You are right, i suppose that will do for now but im still interested on how to actually use a function like this, not necessarily for use in a macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyuli View Post
    how do i call this Postal_OpenAll:OpenAll() function?

Where as Postal_OpenAll is
    local Postal_OpenAll = Postal:NewModule("OpenAll", "AceEvent-3.0")
    Code:
    Postal:GetModule("OpenAll"):OpenAll()

Code:
    Postal:GetModule("OpenAll"):OpenAll()
    Thank you very much, that's all i wanted to know, this makes everything else i wanted to do much easier as well.
    Last edited by Yuyuli; 2014-04-23 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberie View Post
    If you are lucky enough to have a different type of pvp weapon to your pve one then you can use something like this instead.

gun/bow/crossbow can be used.

Code:
    /stopcasting
    /cast Kill Shot
    /cancelaura Deterrence
    /cancelaura Hand of Protection
    /cast [equipped:bow] Growl(Basic Ability)
    /petattack
    Thanks that will work for now. Using a Bow for PVP and a crossbow in PVE

Hey again, macrowizards.

So I'm looking into reeeeeeeally simplifying my tanking experience on my protection paladin, by having a macro with a bazillion conditionals, that taunts in this priority:

1. Taunts my enemy mouseover target.
    2. Taunts my enemy focus.
    3. Taunts my enemy target.

4. Taunts the enemy target of a friendly mouseover.
    5. Taunts the enemy target of a friendly focus.
    6. Taunts the enemy target of a friendly target.

I expect this to be hard to pull off, but if it works, don't worry about the 255 char limit, I have addons to work around that.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    Hey again, macrowizards.

So I'm looking into reeeeeeeally simplifying my tanking experience on my protection paladin, by having a macro with a bazillion conditionals, that taunts in this priority:

1. Taunts my enemy mouseover target.
    2. Taunts my enemy focus.
    3. Taunts my enemy target.

4. Taunts the enemy target of a friendly mouseover.
    5. Taunts the enemy target of a friendly focus.
    6. Taunts the enemy target of a friendly target.

I expect this to be hard to pull off, but if it works, don't worry about the 255 char limit, I have addons to work around that.
    #showtooltip reckoning
    /cast [@mouseover, nodead, harm, exists] [@focus, nodead, harm] [] Reckoning.

4/5/6 are (as far as i know) impossible unless they are targeting whatever is attacking them

Quote Originally Posted by dawawe View Post
    #showtooltip reckoning
    /cast [@mouseover, nodead, harm, exists] [@focus, nodead, harm] [] Reckoning.

4/5/6 are (as far as i know) impossible unless they are targeting whatever is attacking them
    Yeah, that's why I wrote "the enemy target of". I've been using the macro you wrote for 1-3 for most of my other alts, including the paladin.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud