That's it! Thanks a bunch! You are amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbojonno View Post
    Run around in circles till u see a big number (20k+) and in yellow flash on ur screen. Then stop running
    Quote Originally Posted by bobty View Post
    Sorry people but you need to accept DPS is about as stressful as making a bowl of cereal.

Deleted
    Request no.1
    sorry, obviously not looking through the whole thread, but is there a way on my rogue, to stop my ambush/cheap shot/garote from jumping to a random target with the cloak and dagger talent, when i have no target?

its pissing me right off, got me killed numerous times because my target dies/vanishes/FDs or what ever just as i press garote so it just jumped to nearby random target >.>

Request no.2

when i press vanish while i still have the subterfuge buff up, it does nothing, vanish goes on CD, subterfuge buff disappears, but im not stealthed :>

can i get a macro to remove subterfuge buff when i activate vanish to fix the issue?

sorry im really bad at macros, but in pvp these 2 issues keep getting me killed.

I don't play Rogue, so it's possible I don't understand the mechanics of Cloak and Dagger well enough, but try this for the first problem:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [@target, harm, nodead] Garrote

For the second, again, not up on Rogue mechanics, but as long as Subterfuge is actually a buff on you, then this should work:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cancelaura Subterfuge
    /use Vanish

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarch View Post
    I don't play Rogue, so it's possible I don't understand the mechanics of Cloak and Dagger well enough, but try this for the first problem:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [@target, harm, nodead] Garrote

For the second, again, not up on Rogue mechanics, but as long as Subterfuge is actually a buff on you, then this should work:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cancelaura Subterfuge
    /use Vanish

nice!

i'll give them a go when im next on my rogue!

the subterfuge one is what i thought it would be, but i would have no idea on the first one :P but that will make sure that my attacks target no one if i have no target?

I believe so, yes. It will only attempt to use Garrote if you currently have a target, it's a harmful target, and it's not dead. So if your target dies while spamming that macro, it should just throw you error messages instead of jumping to a new target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarch View Post
    I believe so, yes. It will only attempt to use Garrote if you currently have a target, it's a harmful target, and it's not dead. So if your target dies while spamming that macro, it should just throw you error messages instead of jumping to a new target.

just tried them, worked a treat!

i had to change it to #showtooltip Garrote though, not a massive difference :P

Anyone know how to make a macro so the spell will not cast if I'm mounted on a flying mount? I currently have my Thunderstorm bound to mouse wheel up and autorun bound to clicking the mousewheel. This works great most of the time but every now and then I'm flying somewhere and mean to click the mousewheel but accidently spin it and get dismounted and fall to my death.
    Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Deleted
    Code:
    #showtooltip Thunderstorm
    /cast [nomounted][noflying]Thunderstorm

thanks Treeston
    Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello macro wizards,

I'm a hunter and I have a problem with my quilen pet brez that I think a macro could fix.

Is it possible to do the following with a macro:

1. Send pet to my currently selected dead friendly target.
    2. Use the brez.
    3. Go back to attacking its original target.

Thanks!

Deleted
    Having an odd issue with my castsequence macro:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=12 Elemental Blast, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt
    So I want to use Elemental Blast each time it comes off cooldown when I get 5 Maelstrom Weapon buff stacks and to use Lightning Bolt if not. I need 3 lightning bolts in case I get 5 stacks of the Maelstrom buff in between the time limit of 12 seconds.

However my problem is that it does not reset. The 12 second reset is not working as after 12 seconds, the macro is still stuck on Lightning Bolt. Can anyone help me? Thank you.

Also it would be nice to only be able to use this macro if I have 5 stacks so I do not accidentally press it and it causes me to cast the ability instead of being instant case but I doubt that is possible. I tried using "/stopcasting" at the end but that interferes with the castsequence time limit by breaking it.

EDIT: I tried the below code but it was block by Blizzard lol
    Code:
    /run local cd = select(2, GetSpellCooldown("Elemental Blast")); if c == 0 then CastSpellByName("Elemental Blast") else CastSpellByName("Lightning Bolt") end
    Ah CastSpellByName() is protected and not allowed
    Last edited by mmoc2c0e080e79; 2014-05-28 at 02:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MayronEU View Post
    So I want to use Elemental Blast each time it comes off cooldown when I get 5 Maelstrom Weapon buff stacks and to use Lightning Bolt if not. I need 3 lightning bolts in case I get 5 stacks of the Maelstrom buff in between the time limit of 12 seconds.

However my problem is that it does not reset. The 12 second reset is not working as after 12 seconds, the macro is still stuck on Lightning Bolt. Can anyone help me? Thank you.

Also it would be nice to only be able to use this macro if I have 5 stacks so I do not accidentally press it and it causes me to cast the ability instead of being instant case but I doubt that is possible. I tried using "/stopcasting" at the end but that interferes with the castsequence time limit by breaking it.
    The reset time is from the last time you pressed it. So if you pressed it to cast Elemental Blast and then 5 seconds later pressed it again for a Lightning Bolt and then 5 seconds after that pressed it again for the second Lightning Bolt...you are now still 12 seconds away from it resetting, since you just pressed it, not 2 seconds away.

As for your second comment, it's not possible to make macros conditional on whether you have a certain number of stacks of an aura (nor is it possible to make it conditional on a spell's cooldown being up).
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qapla View Post
    Hello macro wizards,

I'm a hunter and I have a problem with my quilen pet brez that I think a macro could fix.

Is it possible to do the following with a macro:

1. Send pet to my currently selected dead friendly target.
    2. Use the brez.
    3. Go back to attacking its original target.

Thanks!
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [dead, help] (name of brez spell)
    /targetlasttarget
    I think it would even be nicer not to have to disselect your current target, so I give you a mouseover version (if your target is friendly it will use it and go back to the previous, just like before; if it's an enemy, it will look if you have a dead friend mouseovered):
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [dead, help][@mouseover, dead, help] (name of brez spell)
    /targetlasttarget [help]
    Untested.

Having an odd issue with my castsequence macro:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=12 Elemental Blast, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt

EDIT: I tried the below code but it was block by Blizzard lol
    Code:
    /run local cd = select(2, GetSpellCooldown("Elemental Blast")); if c == 0 then CastSpellByName("Elemental Blast") else CastSpellByName("Lightning Bolt") end
    Ah CastSpellByName() is protected and not allowed
    -The macro doesn't reset because it's 12 secs after the LAST press, not the first
    -a macro can't see how many stacks you have.
    So no, sorry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    -The macro doesn't reset because it's 12 secs after the LAST press, not the first
    -a macro can't see how many stacks you have.
    So no, sorry.
    Yeah I just this minute found out that it resets the reset every time you click it so the reset begins again and only actually does its job if you do not click it again after the time runs out. :/

Damn.

Yeah I just this minute found out that it resets the reset every time you click it so the reset begins again and only actually does its job if you do not click it again after the time runs out.
    ...and just because nobody else pointed it out: Blizzard specifically build the API and macro system to prevent this sort of macro being made. They want the player to have to decide when to cast the spell, not a tool. Various changes, like the locking down of CVars in 5.4.8, are specifically to disable approaches that make something like this work. So... you can probably find the current "hack" to work around and make this sort of thing work, but I strongly advise against it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [dead, help] (name of brez spell)
    /targetlasttarget
    I think it would even be nicer not to have to disselect your current target, so I give you a mouseover version (if your target is friendly it will use it and go back to the previous, just like before; if it's an enemy, it will look if you have a dead friend mouseovered):
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [dead, help][@mouseover, dead, help] (name of brez spell)
    /targetlasttarget [help]
    Untested.
    Thanks for the help.

One problem: the brez originate from the pet and the spell has a 20 yards range. And the pet does not move on its own toward the target.

Is there a way to a move to target command or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Qapla View Post
    Thanks for the help.

One problem: the brez originate from the pet and the spell has a 20 yards range. And the pet does not move on its own toward the target.

Is there a way to a move to target command or something?
    This is from the Blizz forums:
    A tactic I used to use (before my raid had me start running with a serpent/hyena since we needed the range/melee attack speed buff) was that i would use raid frames. if someone dies, it shows dead on that person, i target them and look at my minimal. i have the "show target" option turned on and most of my hunter tracking turned off. if you are good at relating where someone is on the mini-map to where you are, you can tell your quillen to follow you and run toward the target while spamming eternal guardian on him. when the quilen gets close enough, he will pause, instant cast the brez, and continue moving. at that time, you can target the boss and hit your pets attack command to send him back toward the boss.
    Not easily fixable :|

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

To put it a different way, since the pet "Move to" command is world targeted and not unit targeted, its placement cannot be macroed.

Greetings!

Ive a small "issue" with a macro im using:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:alt]15;[mod:ctrl]6;[mod:shift]Cloak of Shadows;Burst of Speed
    Burst of Speed is a talent which i regulary swap with Shadowstep.

Is it possible to include the Shadowstep spell so the macro automatically switches between Burst of Speed and Shadowstep and (if possible) display the correct icon?
    The macro however NEEDS to keep the other modifiers intact!

Edit:
    As an assassinatin rogue, you want to use Dispatch when the enemy is below 35% hp.
    Is there an addon that lets me display the Dispatch icon (like the activation thing) for a couple seconds, lets say 5secs and then fade out. Im mostly using TellMeWhen for all my icon needs but i dont think it has that option.
    Sometimes i accidently miss the 35% mark and would like a small reminder.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Aranes; 2014-06-04 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranes View Post
    Is it possible to include the Shadowstep spell so the macro automatically switches between Burst of Speed and Shadowstep and (if possible) display the correct icon? The macro however NEEDS to keep the other modifiers intact!
    There might be clever / hacky ways to do that in a macro, but I strongly suggest that you grab the Talent Macros addon instead. This addon creates `t1` through `t6` macros for you, which it will change the content of when you change talents. So do lots of other addons -- but the feature that makes me recommend this specific one is that in the addon options you get "one macro slot per talent" -- eg: you can write that macro for the Burst of Speed, or Shadowstep, talent, and it will fill the appropriate macro with the content *you* supply.

Effectively, it gives you extra "free" macro slots to write talent-specific macros in, and then automatically swaps between them for you when you change talents. This solves the problem without hacks like scripts that change the tooltip display after you hit the macro, or whatever.