10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    are there generic names for tiers of abilities that are all actives? i remember seeing a post somewhere around here someone made that listed off all the generic names for class tier abilities that would cast whatever ability from that tier you had skilled. for example, /cast shadowfiend will still cast mindbender if i have it skilled. disc priest level 90 tier. cascade, divine star, halo. is there some /cast [x] i can use that will cast the appropriate ability from that tier no matter what i have tiered? or do i just have to use a [talent:x.y] conditional? i ask because im trying to make an appropriate weakaura. not necessarily a macro question but i could apply it to macros in the future anyway so im curious.

These are the consolidated talent tier abilities (credit goes to Constie for compiling it):

Code:
        Class: {{Level, Name, SpellID}, ...}

Death Knight: {{75, Death Heal, 175678}, {90, Grip of Death, 175680}}
        Druid: {{45, Nature's Control, 175682}, {75, Ursol's Power, 175683}}
        Hunter: {{30, Stopping Power, 175686}, {90, Heavy Artilery, 175687}}
        Mage: {{45, Freezing Grasp, 175689}, {75, Mage Bomb, 125430}}
        Monk: {{30, Chi Shaping, 175693}, {60, Disabling Technique, 175697}}
        Paladin: {{90, Weapons of the Light, 175699}}
        Priest: {{60, Shadowy Grasp, 175701}, {90, Divine Burst, 175702}}
        Rogue: {{}}
        Shaman: {{}}
        Warlock: {{30, Crippling Shadows, 175707}}
        Warrior: {{60, Concussion Blow, 175708}, {90, Unleashed Rage, 175710}}
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

I'm currently using the macro
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nocombat, mod] loot-a-rang; outbreak
    One thing that bugs me with this is that using the loot-a-rang part is that because im using a mod key it disables autoloot. Is there anyway to overide that and have it always autoloot when used via the macro?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deathgrip1092 View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nocombat, mod] loot-a-rang; outbreak
    One thing that bugs me with this is that using the loot-a-rang part is that because im using a mod key it disables autoloot. Is there anyway to overide that and have it always autoloot when used via the macro?

I think autoloot only works with shift (correct me if I'm wrong, can't check atm), so if you use (e.g.) "mod:alt", it should work.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalleron View Post
    Gave it a try but the modifier still won't work. I used to use a button similar to this and had no problems before, so I'm a little baffled atm lol.
    I tested it and it all works, you must have something incorrect with your keybinds then.

---

Quote Originally Posted by deathgrip1092 View Post
    -snip-

Try this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /console autoLootDefault 1
    /cast [nocombat,mod]Loot-A-Rang;Outbreak
    /console autoLootDefault 0

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Deleted
    Currently I am using Zen sphere macro which will target friendly player (most of the time first one in front of me), cast Zen sphere and target my previous target.

#showtooltip zen sphere
    /targetfriendplayer
    /cast [help][exists] zen sphere
    /targetlasttarget [help]

I am wondering is it possible to make macro which will check does my target (/targetfriendplayer) already have Zen sphere and if yes pick another friendly target?
    Beside that it is clear that /targetlasttarget will not work in that case but maybe there is way to target closest enemy?

Quote Originally Posted by Chesme View Post
    Currently I am using Zen sphere macro which will target friendly player (most of the time first one in front of me), cast Zen sphere and target my previous target.

#showtooltip zen sphere
    /targetfriendplayer
    /cast [help][exists] zen sphere
    /targetlasttarget [help]

I am wondering is it possible to make macro which will check does my target (/targetfriendplayer) already have Zen sphere and if yes pick another friendly target?
    Beside that it is clear that /targetlasttarget will not work in that case but maybe there is way to target closest enemy?
    Unfortunately it's not possible for a macro to make decisions for you based on the presence of buffs/debuffs.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Here is the current macro I have for my Paladin concerning talents:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [talent:6/1] Holy Prism; [talent:6/2] Light's Hammer; [talent:6/3] Execution Sentence
    As you can see, when I switch my talents, the abilities show just fine.

My question is, however, that I would like to have it so if Execution Sentence is active, I want to have it left-click to use on target, while right-click to cast on myself, but how do I do that with this syntax?

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [talent:6/1] Holy Prism; [talent:6/2] Light's Hammer; [talent:6/3,button:1] Execution Sentence; [talent:6/3,button:2,@player] Execution Sentence
    Untested, but it should work fine. Think of everything inside one set of square brackets as being "AND" conditions: they *all* must be true for it to be used. So the first instance of ES won't cast if you are not using button 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Krek01 View Post
    Here is the current macro I have for my Paladin concerning talents:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [talent:6/1] Holy Prism; [talent:6/2] Light's Hammer; [talent:6/3] Execution Sentence
    As you can see, when I switch my talents, the abilities show just fine.

My question is, however, that I would like to have it so if Execution Sentence is active, I want to have it left-click to use on target, while right-click to cast on myself, but how do I do that with this syntax?

So first of all, they added new spells in the game that automatically switch for you. Instead of making the macro with each talent (6/1, 6/2, 6/3), you can just use /cast Weapons of the Light.

That being said, the way I would probably write the macro you're looking for is like so:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [talent:6/3, button:2, @player] Execution Sentence
    /use Weapons of the Light

You could also shorten it by getting rid of the second line and adding "; Weapons of the Light" at the end of the first line. I only prefer the first option, because it's not a macro where you need to worry about the number of characters, and it looks cleaner to me, personally, to separate the spells on different lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarch View Post
    So first of all, they added new spells in the game that automatically switch for you. Instead of making the macro with each talent (6/1, 6/2, 6/3), you can just use /cast Weapons of the Light.

That being said, the way I would probably write the macro you're looking for is like so:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [talent:6/3, button:2, @player] Execution Sentence
    /use Weapons of the Light

You could also shorten it by getting rid of the second line and adding "; Weapons of the Light" at the end of the first line. I only prefer the first option, because it's not a macro where you need to worry about the number of characters, and it looks cleaner to me, personally, to separate the spells on different lines.
    Thank you for the help! It was very helpful, and it works like a charm!

Question, though: Where is this "Weapons of the Light" located within game, and why haven't I heard of it before?

Quote Originally Posted by Krek01 View Post
    Thank you for the help! It was very helpful, and it works like a charm!
    Question, though: Where is this "Weapons of the Light" located within game, and why haven't I heard of it before?
    It's magic, and because it is incredibly poorly publicised. They also don't have all tiers done, so it's kind of random. I just don't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    It's magic, and because it is incredibly poorly publicised. They also don't have all tiers done, so it's kind of random. I just don't bother.

Yeah, I don't know that you can find it in game anywhere, it's pretty well hidden. I haven't really looked, though. I just sort of Google search it whenever I need it. I usually end up on a reddit page that has all of them listed.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have tier spells for talent tiers that are made up of entirely active abilities, I believe. Any talent tier with a passive ability in it doesn't have a tier spell.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Deleted
    Hello guys! We are currently on Thogar Mythic and i'd like to do 2 macros for the adds :

The first one is for having the Grom'kar Firemender in focus and the Grom'kar Man-at-Arms in target. I wrote something like this :
    Code:
    /tar Grom'kar Firemender
    /focus
    /tar Grom'kar Man-at-Arms
    It's seems like i have to press the macro several times for working, is there another way to do this?

The second is for Kicking the Grom'kar Firemender when he is casting, and get back to Grom'kar Man-at-Arms in target. I wrote something like this :

Code:
    #showtooltip Kick
    /cast [target=focus] Kick
    /TargetLastTarget
    Is that right? Do i have to press the macro several times again?
    Sorry for my bad english!

Quote Originally Posted by Earywen View Post
    Hello guys! We are currently on Thogar Mythic and i'd like to do 2 macros for the adds :

The first one is for having the Grom'kar Firemender in focus and the Grom'kar Man-at-Arms in target. I wrote something like this :
    Code:
    /tar Grom'kar Firemender
    /focus
    /tar Grom'kar Man-at-Arms
    It's seems like i have to press the macro several times for working, is there another way to do this?

The second is for Kicking the Grom'kar Firemender when he is casting, and get back to Grom'kar Man-at-Arms in target. I wrote something like this :

Code:
    #showtooltip Kick
    /cast [target=focus] Kick
    /TargetLastTarget
    Is that right? Do i have to press the macro several times again?
    Sorry for my bad english!

The first one should work... I heal, so I'm not positive how the adds work, but are they definitely both targetable at the same time? If the Firemender or the Man-at-Arms drops first, you would need to wait for them both to be available before your macro would work the way you're wanting it to.

For the second one, you'll want to remove the /targetlasttarget part. When you cast something directly at your Focus, it doesn't change your target, so you don't need to change back to your original target. Also, you can use @focus, instead of target=focus.

Hello!

First post on the forum now
    Quick question:

Will this macro:

/cast [(at)mouseover,harm] corruption; [(at)target,harm] corruption; "fishing"

cast corr on mouseover, if the target is hostile, and then stop, cast it on target, if no mouseover and target is hostile, and stop, or cast fishing is no mouseover and target is not hostile (and there are water available for fishing, of course)?

And the second question, what is the spell name for fishing?

Thanks in advance!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Panta View Post
    Hello!

First post on the forum now
    Quick question:

Will this macro:

/cast [(at)mouseover,harm] corruption; [(at)target,harm] corruption; "fishing"

cast corr on mouseover, if the target is hostile, and then stop, cast it on target, if no mouseover and target is hostile, and stop, or cast fishing is no mouseover and target is not hostile (and there are water available for fishing, of course)?

And the second question, what is the spell name for fishing?

Thanks in advance!!!

In general, it seems weird and dangerous to me to have non-combat spells in a macro with combat spells, but you have the right idea. You can actually stack the conditionals on Corruption and only have the spell in there once. I would also add 'nodead' in there, especially on the mouse over part, so you don't get stuck with your mouse over a dead add not being able to cast or something.

I've never fished in my entire time playing this game, so I'm not sure what the spell name for it is.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [@mouseover,harm,nodead][@target,harm,nodead] Corruption; 'Fishing'

You could also write it with Fishing using a modifier instead, which might be a little safer.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod] 'Fishing'
    /use [@mouseover,harm,nodead][] Corruption

You can add ':alt' after the 'mod' to specify a modifier (that will work with ctrl and shift as well). The empty brackets just make it act as the spell normally would outside of a macro when you don't have a mouseover. Since Fishing is on a modifier there's no reason to specify Corruption to your target in the final step anymore.

Thanks Rarch

Although I feel the same on non-combat and combat spells on the same macro, fishing have the particularity that is very "area related" cast, and you need to be static, and it is not on the global CD, so it is pretty safe to be macroed.

I don´t want to use a mod for fishing, as the idea is to be able to fish without needing to have a hand on the keyboard (I will have the macro, if I do it, on my button 1 in the side button panel of the mouse).

Right now, I just change the binding every time I will have a fishing session, but I'm too lazy to keep doing it, and though that this may be the solution. xD

The nodead parameter is a good idea to add, thanks...

So, it could finally be

/use [(at)mouseover,harm,nodead][(at)target,harm,nodead] Corruption; 'Fishing'

Now I need to confirm what's the spell name for fishing!

Quote Originally Posted by Panta View Post
    So, it could finally be

/use [(at)mouseover,harm,nodead][(at)target,harm,nodead] Corruption; 'Fishing'

Now I need to confirm what's the spell name for fishing!

Yes, the version you posted would be correct. A quick search indicates that the spell is just Fishing. Try that and see if it works.

I am attempting to make a macro that will basically allow me to spam my pet's precast
    I want to press it the first time and have /petattack
    and then the second press be /petpassive
    Dunno if this is even possible?