Is there a way to make a macro that does the following:
    If I'm channeling/casting fishing, don't do nothing, but if I'm not casting/channeling anything, cast fishing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    Is there a way to make a macro that does the following:
    If I'm channeling/casting fishing, don't do nothing, but if I'm not casting/channeling anything, cast fishing?
    This should work:

Code:
    #showtooltip Fishing
    /cast [nochanneling:Fishing] Fishing
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    This should work:

Code:
    #showtooltip Fishing
    /cast [nochanneling:Fishing] Fishing
    Yea, that was it. Thank you very much.

15+ Year Old Account
    So I have these two macros I'm going to use for easy equipping of BoE items stashed away for the transmog system. Any way to combine them into a single macro sequence?

Code:
    /run local F,f=GetMouseFocus(),RgC or CreateFrame("Button","RgC",nil,"SecureActionButtonTemplate")f:SetAttribute("type","item")f:SetAttribute("item",(F:GetName()or""):match("^Container")and format("%d %d",F:GetParent():GetID(),F:GetID())or"")
    /click RgC
    Code:
    /click StaticPopup1Button1
    The first, is the mouseover selection in my bags, the second 'clicks' yes to the popup window to bind the item.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    So I have these two macros I'm going to use for easy equipping of BoE items stashed away for the transmog system. Any way to combine them into a single macro sequence?

Code:
    /run local F,f=GetMouseFocus(),RgC or CreateFrame("Button","RgC",nil,"SecureActionButtonTemplate")f:SetAttribute("type","item")f:SetAttribute("item",(F:GetName()or""):match("^Container")and format("%d %d",F:GetParent():GetID(),F:GetID())or"")
    /click RgC
    Code:
    /click StaticPopup1Button1
    The first, is the mouseover selection in my bags, the second 'clicks' yes to the popup window to bind the item.
    This macro will cycle through all items in your bags and equip everything one by one with no confirmations.

Code:
    /run for b=0,NUM_BAG_SLOTS do
    for s=1,GetContainerNumSlots(b) do
    local l=GetContainerItemLink(b,s)
    if l then
    if format('%9$s',GetItemInfo(l)) ~= '' then
    EquipItemByName(l) EquipPendingItem(0)
    end end end end

After it's done, you'll be left with a hodgepodge of equipment worn, so make sure you have saved sets to return to if you don't want to manually redress yourself. Your bags will also be pretty messy if you have a lot of equipment to cycle through.

If you want a rarity filter with the macro, like only autoconfirming blues and greens and leaving purples alone, paste the following into any active addon or make one with it. If you want to use this filter, remove EquipPendingItem(0) from the macro. This code autoconfirms even when manually clicking/dragging equipment so make sure to disable or delete it if you only want to use it with the macro.

Code:
    local AutoConfirmEquip=CreateFrame('frame')
    AutoConfirmEquip:RegisterEvent('EQUIP_BIND_CONFIRM')
    AutoConfirmEquip:RegisterEvent('AUTOEQUIP_BIND_CONFIRM')
    AutoConfirmEquip:SetScript('OnEvent',function(self,event,slot)
        if (GetCursorInfo()) == 'item' then
            if tonumber(format('%3$s',GetItemInfo(format('%3$s',GetCursorInfo())))) < 4 then
                EquipPendingItem(slot)
            end
        end
    end)
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

So I need a macro to kill an error sound (the same sound as the Game Menu opening). Ive heard the sound called a "fizzle" on blizzard forums and elsewhere. I currently use (and have used since wrath) an addon called ShortMacros to handle error text and "spell not ready yet" voice errors. This "fizzle" has been around the entire time. Its particularly bad on all of the melee classes I play, Paladins being the worst. The strange thing is that it only happens on certain abilities.

Right now Im trying to clean up all of my Demon Hunter stuff for main swapping on live. Chaos Strike is the culprit here. Demon's Bite does not cause the sound.

Current macros-

DB (Works fine no "fizzle") :
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /de
    /cast Demon's Bite
    /startattack
    /ee
    CS (has fizzle):
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /de
    /cast Chaos Strike
    /startattack
    /ee
    and ive tried this from wowiki macro page:

Code:
    #showtooltip Chaos Strike
    /run sfx=GetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX");
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 0
    /cast Chaos Strike
    /run UIErrorsFrame:Clear() 
    /run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX",sfx);
    The 2nd Chaos Strike macro isnt as bad as the first one, but its still there. There used to be a way to put custom Fizzle<SpellName>.wav sound files into World of Warcraft\Data\itIT\Sound\Spells\Fizzle or World of Warcraft\Data\Sound\Spells\Fizzle but those folders dont seem to exist anymore.

Any help would be amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

actually I lied its not the ame menu popup sound. Hmm. Ill try to figure out where else the sound is present
    Science the shit out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Qlix View Post
    There used to be a way to put custom Fizzle<SpellName>.wav sound files into World of Warcraft\Data\itIT\Sound\Spells\Fizzle or World of Warcraft\Data\Sound\Spells\Fizzle but those folders dont seem to exist anymore.
    I can't remember what patch it happened in, but all the data folders moved out of Data. If you want to replace a sound, make the sound folder in the main folder:

World of Warcraft\Sound\Spells\Fizzle

The five files I found in there are:

FizzleFireA.ogg
    FizzleFrostA.ogg
    FizzleHoyA.ogg
    FizzleNatureA.ogg
    FizzleShadowA.ogg

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    If you want to replace a sound, make the sound folder in the main folder:

World of Warcraft\Sound\Spells\Fizzle
    So youre saying I have to manually create the sound folder? Then create the 5 ogg files and place them in the path you mention?

So youre saying I have to manually create the sound folder? Then create the 5 ogg files and place them in the path you mention?
    Yes, that's how it has always been done. There has never been default data folders other than the old MPQ files or the new CASC files.

aaah. k gotcha. did not know that part.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Yes, that's how it has always been done. There has never been default data folders other than the old MPQ files or the new CASC files.
    Do i create just the sound folder or the entire path after it as well

aaah. k gotcha. did not know that part.

- - - Updated - - -

Do i create just the sound folder or the entire path after it as well
    Entire path as it is in the CASC files. You can use CASCExplorer to view the data files. WoW is programmed to look for any files in the normal file structure of where it's installed before looking in data files, which is how data replacements work. Theoretically, any part of the data files could be replaced like this, but I don't think anyone has tried beyond replacing sounds and simple textures.

Deleted
    Hi,
    I've been trying to find out if it's possible to cast a friendly targeted spell on a guardian pet without having to target it, more specifically Misdirection on the Dark Minion that Black Arrow spawns from 7.0 and onward. I had tried it previously with Stampede as well but to no success.

For obvious reasons I don't wanna lose my target if I can avoid it. So I'm wondering if there's any kind of target=command that would cast it on a guardian, because currently it doesn't work with target=pet or target="the guardian's name".

Is there a way to differentiate Tanks and DPS in macro ? I'd like to cast my harmfull spells at the target of the tank but he isn't always Player1.
    I could type his name in all my macros but that takes time. I had a script to recreate a macro with the correct name during cata but it was 1 scirpt->1 macro and now iIneed 4 or 5 macros.

Quote Originally Posted by Atharaxie View Post
    Is there a way to differentiate Tanks and DPS in macro ? I'd like to cast my harmfull spells at the target of the tank but he isn't always Player1.
    I could type his name in all my macros but that takes time. I had a script to recreate a macro with the correct name during cata but it was 1 scirpt->1 macro and now iIneed 4 or 5 macros.
    something to the effect of:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focustarget,exists,harm,nodead,mod]<HarmfulSpellName>;<HelpfulSpellName>

should work then just set your tank as focus, or do you not even want to do a focus

something to the effect of:

/cast [@focustarget

should work then just set your tank as focus, or do you not even want to do a focus
    That's what I'm currently using but it deprives me of a flexible focus. As a Healer, focusing the tank is not a bad thing, I was just hoping blizzard had uptaded the macros since they introduced the differenciation of tank/heal/dps in ui/raidframe since... 4 extensions ?

Thanks for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Atharaxie View Post
    That's what I'm currently using but it deprives me of a flexible focus. As a Healer, focusing the tank is not a bad thing, I was just hoping blizzard had uptaded the macros since they introduced the differenciation of tank/heal/dps in ui/raidframe since... 4 extensions ?

Thanks for your time.
    try this: TargetRole

Excellent, thanks a lot

I have 2 problems on my macro,

1 - need to also cast chain heal when i press alt,

2 - needo to show tooltip when i dont have a target, and when i target an ally chain heal and enemy chain lighthning * the enemy and ally target is working, the problem is when i dont have a target

#showtooltip
    /cast [help]Chain Heal; [harm] Chain Lightning

What i am doing wrong?

EDIT: It appears that 4 pages behind i got my question answered sorry,
    i modified the macro from Kanegasi

/use [mod:alt @Player] Flash Heal; [@target,harm] Mind Flay; [@target,help][] Flash Heal

to

/use [mod:alt @Player] Chain Heal; [@target,harm] Chain Lightning; [@target,help][] Chain Heal
    Last edited by heelflip; 2016-07-20 at 03:52 AM.

Hey guys, got this macro that casts a spell on focus when shift is pressed, mouseover if you're mousing over a harmful target, otherwise it casts on the target. The spell changes based on which talent is used.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [talent:4/1,mod:shift, @Focus, harm] [talent:4/1 @mouseover, harm] [talent:4/1] Hook;
    /cast [talent:4/2,mod:shift, @Focus, harm] [talent:4/2 @mouseover, harm] [talent:4/2] Asphyxiate;
    The macro works fine, but my question is the following. Do I have to write talent:x/y every time or is there a way to shorten this macro? Asking this as I'd like to add more stuff but I'm near the character cap. Thanks.

Deleted
    Does anyone know of a workaround for the missing spec conditional? I use mouseover macros for healing, so setting up 3 specs, 2 of them healing, fills up my macro spots quite fast.
    I found a few threads on the battle.net forums, mostly saying it just doesn't work anymore. I also found http://us.battle.net/wow/en-us/forum.../20747584590#3 which isn't exactly the same, but couldn't the "GetSpecialization" thing be used as a workaround somehow?

I'm looking for something like this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [spec:1, 2, @mouseover,exists][] Purify
    /cast [spec:3, @mouseover,exists][] Purify Disease
    It works fine without the conditional, but only shows the tooltip for the first spell.