Quote Originally Posted by platinumpat3133 View Post
    Thank you so much! Just for my reference because I want to learn, what do each of the indicators in your macro mean?
    #showtooltip changes the icon and tooltip of the macro to match what the macro is going to cast, if you chose the ? icon when making the macro
    /cast command which attempts to use a spell, then an item if no spell of that name exists (/use does the same thing, but starts with items first)
    [] stuff inside brackets need to all be true to trigger the command (AND)
    [][] two or more bracket groups means that if the first group is false, the next group is tried (ELSEIF/OR)
    @mouseover checks if your mouse is currently touching something you can cast on and aims the command on that
    help friendly unit
    nodead unit is not dead
    @player aims command at you
    Spell Name the spell you want to cast

Pseudocode (fake code) of what the macro does:

Code:
    local unit,reaction,alive=GetMouseoverUnit()
    if unit and reaction=="friendly" and alive==true then
        CastSpellByName("Spell Name",unit)
    else
        CastSpellByName("Spell Name","player")
    end
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Hello guys! How do I write a macro to use any of the pvp talents of one row that is talented right now?

trying to make a macro that will:

riptide my mouseover, my friendly target, or myself if i have no target
    if im targetting an enemy then flame shock

anyone have any ideas?

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [@target, harm, nodead] Flame Shock
    /use [@mouseover, help, nodead][@target, help, nodead][] Riptide

Should work, the empty [] at the end just says to treat the spell normally if none of the other requirements are met. If you really want to be more specific, or if you have self-cast turned off in the settings, just add "@player" inside the last [].

Deleted
    Hey. I'm looking for a Shaman Macro that dispels my current target. However, if I have a mouseover present, it dispels them instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiphar View Post
    Hey. I'm looking for a Shaman Macro that dispels my current target. However, if I have a mouseover present, it dispels them instead.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][@target,help,nodead] Spellname
    Last edited by Kanegasi; 2018-04-14 at 04:33 PM.

So this may be a little convoluted but follow me here. I'm a Protection Paladin. I would like to macro my Blessing of Sacrifice. I would like it to cast at focus target but if I'm I have a mouseover to prioritize the mouseover. If no mouseover present then to cast at my focus.
    I don't know if it's possible but if it is then someone here would know how to do it!
    Thanks Guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Div2 View Post
    So this may be a little convoluted but follow me here. I'm a Protection Paladin. I would like to macro my Blessing of Sacrifice. I would like it to cast at focus target but if I'm I have a mouseover to prioritize the mouseover. If no mouseover present then to cast at my focus.
    I don't know if it's possible but if it is then someone here would know how to do it!
    Thanks Guys!
    Of course it’s possible, that’s a standard macro for any beneficial spell in a group.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][@focus,help,nodead] Blessing of Sacrifice

Hi! How would I make a macro for Chi Torpedo that will use Prismatic Bauble at the same time, but only if prismatic bauble is ready to use and not on cooldown, so that I don't get spammed when I use my other charges of Chi Torpedo?

I'm assuming it's something to do with the "if GetSpellCooldown" stuff but I am not great with macros!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sffau View Post
    Hi! How would I make a macro for Chi Torpedo that will use Prismatic Bauble at the same time, but only if prismatic bauble is ready to use and not on cooldown, so that I don't get spammed when I use my other charges of Chi Torpedo?

I'm assuming it's something to do with the "if GetSpellCooldown" stuff but I am not great with macros!

Thanks!
    It's easier to just hide the error messages.

Code:
    #showtooltip Roll
    /run UIErrorsFrame:Hide()
    /console Sound_EnableErrorSpeech 0
    /use Prismatic Bauble
    /console Sound_EnableErrorSpeech 1
    /run UIErrorsFrame:Clear() UIErrorsFrame:Show()
    /cast Roll
    Last edited by quthar; 2018-04-20 at 05:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by quthar View Post
    It's easier to just hide the error messages.

Code:
    #showtooltip Roll
    /run UIErrorsFrame:Hide()
    /console Sound_EnableErrorSpeech 0
    /use Prismatic Bauble
    /console Sound_EnableErrorSpeech 1
    /run UIErrorsFrame:Clear() UIErrorsFrame:Show()
    /cast Roll
    Aha, yeah this is what I ended up doing A friend came online that I could ask and told my about the console commands, thanks for your response tho!

why cant i get this to work?:

#showtooltip
    /cast Shadowform
    /use item Thaumaturgist's Orb
    /grin
    thanks
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    why cant i get this to work?:

thanks
    remove "item"
    and Thaumaturgist's Orb should be off gcd

Quote Originally Posted by d87 View Post
    remove "item"
    and Thaumaturgist's Orb should be off gcd
    yep, had already tried that lol, also think i did it with use toy .....
    so i did all three ways, hmmm not sure, but thx
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Deleted
    Heyo. Made this for the Chaosbringer enslave in Arcway. Works great. It releases the enslave, casts fear, agony and enslaves again.
    /petdismiss
    /castsequence [@focus] Fear, Agony, Enslave Demon
    Wondering if its somehow possible to add these 2 actions into it also
    /click PetActionButton5 RightButton
    /click PetActionButton7 RightButton
    This disables the autocasts that the pet gets everytime u release it with a single click. Right now im using that as a seperate macro.
    If i just add them, then it will dismiss the pet, fear, agony, enslave and dismiss the pet again. Is it possible to add "/click" somehow ?
    /petdismiss
    /castsequence [@focus] Fear, Agony, Enslave Demon
    /click PetActionButton5 RightButton
    /click PetActionButton7 RightButton

ty
    Last edited by mmoc2c86870068; 2018-05-28 at 06:20 PM.

What the ! on same macros do?

For example, what's the difference between

/cast Moonkin Form

and

/cast !Moonkin Form

Also, is there a way to make it so if I'm in Moonkin form and hit my moonkin form again it won't shapeshift out of moonkin form?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodianni View Post
    What the ! on same macros do?

For example, what's the difference between

/cast Moonkin Form

and

/cast !Moonkin Form

Also, is there a way to make it so if I'm in Moonkin form and hit my moonkin form again it won't shapeshift out of moonkin form?
    I'm sorry, I find this kind of amusing. The solution to your request is in the question you asked.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Making_a_m...able_abilities

Deleted
    Hello guys,

I am looking for a macro conditional that will hide a Elvui Shadow and light Backround element(so it is used for a visibility state).

The macro conditional shall only evaluate to true if i have a pet active AND i have an active target.

I tried:
    [atpet,exists][attarget,exists] show;hide and
    [atpet,attarget,exists] show; hide

neither seems to work. Any ideas? I obviously use the AT sign in my syntax but it wont let me here on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Marsupilamyh View Post
    Hello guys,

I am looking for a macro conditional that will hide a Elvui Shadow and light Backround element(so it is used for a visibility state).

The macro conditional shall only evaluate to true if i have a pet active AND i have an active target.

I tried:

neither seems to work. Any ideas? I obviously use the AT sign in my syntax but it wont let me here on the forum.
    Macro conditionals only work with spells and items. You'll have to use complete Lua.

Quote Originally Posted by Marsupilamyh View Post
    Hello guys,

I tried:

You can only have one at command per [] block. Multiple blocks are read as an OR. [atpet,exists][attarget,exists] means if pet exists OR target exists.

Try inverting you logic
    Code:
    [atpet, noexists][attarget, noexists] hide; show

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Macro conditionals only work with spells and items. You'll have to use complete Lua.
    Macro conditionals are also used for Secure State Drivers which can modify protected portions of the UI during combat.