This hunter macro for misdirection won't work on any unit frames:

#showtooltip Misdirection
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][@focus,help,nodead]Misdirection

I want to be able to hover over a tanks unit frame without making him my focus and cast misdirect on him (with the intent of sending mobs to off tank while keeping the MT my focus). Any help?

Do you have Misdirection bound to one of your mouse buttons (M1-M5)? That would explain the unit frame problem.
    Can't test it myself atm, but the macro itself should be just fine for your purposes. (Assuming that you want no other functionality than what is described.)

I was trying to use the scroll wheel click. Is that not possible? No big deal if not, just didn't know. Thanks!

15+ Year Old Account
    I mixed up my macro somehow. All it does is always casting Spell Lock.
    Code:
    /cast [mod:shift,@mouseover,exists,harm] [mod:shift,@target] Devour Magic
    /cast [nomod,@mouseover,exists,harm][nomod,@target] Spell Lock
    Last edited by Bakis; 2018-11-06 at 03:24 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

So really stupid question that I'm not even sure this is the correct place to ask.

So I used to use an addon called Archy for doing archaeology stuff and it had a feature where I could basically double right click and it would basically cast survey for me. Apparently the dude who made the addon spent the back half of Legion living under a rock on Mars because 8.0 came, the addon basically stopped functioning and given the creator has basically taken a "it's done when it's done" approach with literally zero updates since the launch of BFA I'm assuming it's dead.

My question is if there is any way to macro such a thing or does an addon exist that will allow me to do that because as far as I'm aware you can't keybind a double keypress in the basic interface.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I mixed up my macro somehow. All it does is always casting Spell Lock.
    Code:
    /cast [mod:shift,@mouseover,exists,harm] [mod:shift,@target] Devour Magic
    /cast [nomod,@mouseover,exists,harm][nomod,@target] Spell Lock
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift,@mouseover,harm][mod:shift,@target,harm] Devour Magic; [nomod,@mouseover,harm][nomod,@target,harm] Spell Lock

Honestly, I think your macro would work, but if mine doesn't either, doublecheck your keybinds. Modifier keys are prioritized for keybinds before macros, so if you have this macro assigned to, say, the F key and you have something assigned to shift-F, this macro will be ignored and whatever you have bound to shift-F will be used instead.
    Last edited by Kanegasi; 2018-11-08 at 06:18 PM.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Honestly, I think your macro would work, but if mine doesn't either, doublecheck your keybinds. Modifier keys are prioritized for keybinds before macros, so if you have this macro assigned to, say, the F key and you have something assigned to shift-F, this macro will be ignored and whatever you have bound to shift-F will be used instead.
    It did not work but thank you for looking at it
    After playing untill 7 in the morning and having 30 min BG queues I stood at a training dummy and tested stuff out.
    Got it to work with this:
    Code:
    /cast [@mouseover,nomod,nodead,harm,exists][@target,nomod,nodead,harm,exists] Spell Lock
    /cast [@mouseover,mod:shift,nodead,harm,exists][@target,mod:shift,nodead,harm,exists] Devour Magic
    Read someplace that the target definition has to be first.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2018-11-09 at 12:48 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Hi, I want to have a macro for my druid, that when I cast innervate on someone, will cast it and then say in /party or /raid "Player X has been innervated" or something. How do I do that?

Do we have a replacement for [pvptalent] yet? I got like 4 pvp curses that I would like to mash into 1 macro but it is impossible under the current circumstances.

Two macros within one macro on left/rightclick?

I have two macros, Macro1 and Macro2. Can I make one new macro that would run Macro1 on leftclick and Macro2 on rightclick?
    Before anyone asks, the macros 1 and 2 don't use spells or regular WoW ui elements. They are to bring up certain windows created by addons.

And yes, I realize addons have own keybindings, but I specifically want it clickable on screen in one button
    Last edited by solshine2510; 2018-12-01 at 05:01 PM.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [talent:4/1,mod:shift,@focus] Mighty Bash
    /cast [talent:4/1,nomod,@target] Mighty Bash
    /cast [talent:4/2,mod:shift,@focus] Mass Entanglement
    /cast [talent:4/2,nomod,@target] Mass Entanglement
    /cast [talent:4/3] Typhoon
    Macro is currently at 238/255 characters. Anyway I can make the above macro smaller so I can squeeze in a @targettarget condition for Mighty Bash and Mass Entanglement?

Quote Originally Posted by Alkhan View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [talent:4/1,mod:shift,@focus] Mighty Bash
    /cast [talent:4/1,nomod,@target] Mighty Bash
    /cast [talent:4/2,mod:shift,@focus] Mass Entanglement
    /cast [talent:4/2,nomod,@target] Mass Entanglement
    /cast [talent:4/3] Typhoon
    Macro is currently at 238/255 characters. Anyway I can make the above macro smaller so I can squeeze in a @targettarget condition for Mighty Bash and Mass Entanglement?
    #showtooltip
    /cast [talent:4/1,mod:whatever,@targettarget][talent:4/1,mod:shift,@focus][talent:4/1,@target] Mighty Bash; [talent:4/2,mod:whatever,@targettarget][talent:4/2,mod:shift,@focus][talent:4/2,@target] Mass Entanglement; [talent:4/3] Typhoon

Length of the above is 249, will be shorter once you change the "whatevers" to alt or ctrl. I left out the code block so you can see the whole line.

#showtooltip
    /cast [talent:4/1,mod:whatever,@targettarget][talent:4/1,mod:shift,@focus][talent:4/1,@target] Mighty Bash; [talent:4/2,mod:whatever,@targettarget][talent:4/2,mod:shift,@focus][talent:4/2,@target] Mass Entanglement; [talent:4/3] Typhoon

Length of the above is 249, will be shorter once you change the "whatevers" to alt or ctrl. I left out the code block so you can see the whole line.
    Thanks G. Appreciate it.

Edit: Something seems to not work correctly with the macro since I added the @targettarget condition. I think an enemy player targeting a friendly player breaks it. (Or something similar)
    Last edited by Alkhan; 2018-12-28 at 06:09 AM.

Thanks G. Appreciate it.

Edit: Something seems to not work correctly with the macro since I added the @targettarget condition. I think an enemy player targeting a friendly player breaks it. (Or something similar)
    Could you specify what breaks or doesn’t work correctly? If you use the targettarget part while your target has a friendly targeted, nothing will happen because you’re trying to use abilities on a friendly that are only for enemies. You can toss a harm conditional in there to prevent this. With harm, if you use targettarget and the destination is a friendly, the macro will fall back to just your target.

#showtooltip
    /cast [talent:4/1,mod:whatever,harm,@targettarget][talent:4/1,mod:shift,@focus][talent:4/1,@target] Mighty Bash; [talent:4/2,mod:whatever,harm,@targettarget][talent:4/2,mod:shift,@focus][talent:4/2,@target] Mass Entanglement; [talent:4/3] Typhoon

You don’t need harm for focus or target since you have control of those, it’s your target’s target that is out of your control.

Could you specify what breaks or doesn’t work correctly? If you use the targettarget part while your target has a friendly targeted, nothing will happen because you’re trying to use abilities on a friendly that are only for enemies. You can toss a harm conditional in there to prevent this. With harm, if you use targettarget and the destination is a friendly, the macro will fall back to just your target.

#showtooltip
    /cast [talent:4/1,mod:whatever,harm,@targettarget][talent:4/1,mod:shift,@focus][talent:4/1,@target] Mighty Bash; [talent:4/2,mod:whatever,harm,@targettarget][talent:4/2,mod:shift,@focus][talent:4/2,@target] Mass Entanglement; [talent:4/3] Typhoon

You don’t need harm for focus or target since you have control of those, it’s your target’s target that is out of your control.
    [harm] did Indeed fix the macro! What happened was that in eye of the storm right after the game started I used goblin glider to get to the flag in an attempt to mass root alliance before they could get into flag range. I targeted an alliance warlock and the macro wouldn't work,tabbed through various other alliance players while spamming the macro with no success. Finally the macro worked when I used it on an an alliance healer that (I assume) had other alliance players targeted.

#showtooltip
    /cast [talent:2/1] Tiger Dash
    /cast [talent:2/2] Renewal
    /cast [talent:2/3,@mouseover,nodead] [talent:2/3][] Wild Charge
    /cast [talent:2/3][@target] Wild Charge
    Is it possible to make the wild charge portion of the macro not go off when in human form / only trigger when in cat/bear/moonkin/travel form?

(I got a separate macro/bind for human form wild charge)
    Last edited by Alkhan; 2019-01-17 at 10:20 PM.

#showtooltip
    /cast [talent:2/1] Tiger Dash
    /cast [talent:2/2] Renewal
    /cast [talent:2/3,@mouseover,nodead] [talent:2/3][] Wild Charge
    /cast [talent:2/3][@target] Wild Charge
    Is it possible to make the wild charge portion of the macro not go off when in human form / only trigger when in cat/bear/moonkin/travel form?

(I got a separate macro/bind for human form wild charge)
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [talent:2/1] Tiger Dash; [talent:2/2] Renewal; [@mouseover,nodead,form][@target,form][form] Wild Charge

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [talent:2/1] Tiger Dash; [talent:2/2] Renewal; [@mouseover,nodead,form][@target,form][form] Wild Charge
    Thank's big time!

Hi. Here is what I'm trying to do without much success. If anyone can help it will be appreiciated.

If I have no target acquire one and start casting Smite (hence startattack and []- otherwise if there is no mousover it does not cast anything losing valuable time in m+ and it happens pretty often as target bars keep moving around all the time)
    If I have a target at mouseover start casting Smite on it (this is to ensure attacking a priority target in between several targets
    if I hold alt cast Schism on my target or my mouseover with above conditions

I try it with this but no luck. Thanks.

#showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,harm][]Smite;[mod:alt]Schism
    /startattack

Quote Originally Posted by silkworm View Post
    Hi. Here is what I'm trying to do without much success. If anyone can help it will be appreiciated.

If I have no target acquire one and start casting Smite (hence startattack and []- otherwise if there is no mousover it does not cast anything losing valuable time in m+ and it happens pretty often as target bars keep moving around all the time)
    If I have a target at mouseover start casting Smite on it (this is to ensure attacking a priority target in between several targets
    if I hold alt cast Schism on my target or my mouseover with above conditions

I try it with this but no luck. Thanks.

#showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,harm][]Smite;[mod:alt]Schism
    /startattack
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /targetenemy [noexists][dead][help]
    /cast [@mouseover,mod:alt,harm,nodead][@target,mod:alt,harm,nodead] Schism; [@mouseover,harm,nodead][] Smite

Acquires an enemy target if you don't have a target, or your current target is dead or friendly.

When holding alt, casts Schism on a live enemy if your mouse is over it, on your current target otherwise.

Without alt, casts Smite on a live enemy if your mouse is over it, on your current target otherwise.

For future reference, any mods in your macro must go first, otherwise any spells before the mod will be chosen instead each time.