Will appreciate help on making these macro's do what I they're intended to!

Code:
    #showtooltip Remove Curse
    /cast [target=mouseover,help,exists] [help] [target=targettarget, help, exists] [target=player] Remove Curse

I need the one above to self-cast @me when I press alt. As it is now, it doesn't.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nomod][] Counterspell
    /cast [mod:shift,@focus][] Counterspell
    /cast [mod:alt,@mouseover][] Counterspell

For some reason this macro doesn't counterspell my focus when I press shift like it's supposed to. Input?

Quote Originally Posted by Tekktra View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip Remove Curse
    /cast [target=mouseover,help,exists] [help] [target=targettarget, help, exists] [target=player] Remove Curse
    I need the one above to self-cast @me when I press alt. As it is now, it doesn't.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:alt, @player] [@mouseover, help] [help] [target=targettarget, help] [@player] Remove Curse
    Added the first conditional (use on self when pressing Alt) and shortened the rest: @ is a shorthand for "target=", and exists is implied by help. It's only necessary when you specify a target without other filters, for later conditionals to be able to trigger.
    I also removed the spell name after #showtooltip, as the @player makes sure there's always something the macro will try to execute, and thus display. But by letting the macro decide, it will also show whether the mouseover or target's target is out of range (keybind text turning red in standard interface)

Quote Originally Posted by Tekktra View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nomod][] Counterspell
    /cast [mod:shift,@focus][] Counterspell
    /cast [mod:alt,@mouseover][] Counterspell
    For some reason this macro doesn't counterspell my focus when I press shift like it's supposed to. Input?
    The [] empty bracers are to blame. The first line checks whether you don't press a modifier, that's correct, if not, go to second conditional - which is just "do the standard behavior, as if you clicked the ability without macro".
    Thus, Counterspell is used on your (hostile) target.
    The third line does trigger, but Counterspell is already on CD by then.

I'd write it like this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift,@focus] [mod:alt,@mouseover] [] Counterspell
    All in one line. It's usually preferable for readability to catch modifiers first, then fall back to standard functionality when those don't apply.

Note: all of this was written while waiting for, and sitting in the bus, so it wasn't tested for mistakes in the game.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:alt, @player] [@mouseover, help] [help] [target=targettarget, help] [@player] Remove Curse
    Added the first conditional (use on self when pressing Alt) and shortened the rest: @ is a shorthand for "target=", and exists is implied by help. It's only necessary when you specify a target without other filters, for later conditionals to be able to trigger.
    I also removed the spell name after #showtooltip, as the @player makes sure there's always something the macro will try to execute, and thus display. But by letting the macro decide, it will also show whether the mouseover or target's target is out of range (keybind text turning red in standard interface)

The [] empty bracers are to blame. The first line checks whether you don't press a modifier, that's correct, if not, go to second conditional - which is just "do the standard behavior, as if you clicked the ability without macro".
    Thus, Counterspell is used on your (hostile) target.
    The third line does trigger, but Counterspell is already on CD by then.

I'd write it like this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift,@focus] [mod:alt,@mouseover] [] Counterspell
    All in one line. It's usually preferable for readability to catch modifiers first, then fall back to standard functionality when those don't apply.

Note: all of this was written while waiting for, and sitting in the bus, so it wasn't tested for mistakes in the game.
    Epic thanks not only for the help with creating them, but thanks for the knowledge to create my own in the future! <3

Nevermind.
    Last edited by Tekktra; 2020-04-04 at 10:04 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey all, so im looking to make three separate marcos

marco 1:
    Mark all raidmembers in group2 with a raid mark. (nipple, triangle, square, cross and star)

marco 2:
    Mark all raidmembers in group3 with a raid mark. (moving the marks from group2 to group3)

marco 3:
    Mark all raidmembers in group4 with a raid mark. (moving the marks from group3 to group4)

Is there and easy way to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Hey all, so im looking to make three separate marcos

marco 1:
    Mark all raidmembers in group2 with a raid mark. (nipple, triangle, square, cross and star)

marco 2:
    Mark all raidmembers in group3 with a raid mark. (moving the marks from group2 to group3)

marco 3:
    Mark all raidmembers in group4 with a raid mark. (moving the marks from group3 to group4)

Is there and easy way to do this?
    /run local Group,Icons,cnt=2,{2,4,6,7,1},1 for i=1,40 do local _,_,grp=GetRaidRosterInfo(i) if grp==Group then SetRaidTargetIcon("raid"..i,Icons[cnt]) cnt=cnt+1 end end

Use this macro for all three macros, just change the 2 at the beginning (the one right after the first = sign) to the desired group number. Icons will be assigned in the order you specified, but there's no guarantee they will be assigned in the same order they're displayed in your raid frames. If you want to change the assigned order or the icons themselves, change the 2,4,6,7,1 inside the brackets using these numbers: https://wow.gamepedia.com/API_SetRaidTargetIcon

Hitting the same macro again will clear the icons. For example, you used the group 4 macro last, clicking it again will clear icons.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    /run local Group,Icons,cnt=2,{2,4,6,7,1},1 for i=1,40 do local _,_,grp=GetRaidRosterInfo(i) if grp==Group then SetRaidTargetIcon("raid"..i,Icons[cnt]) cnt=cnt+1 end end

Use this macro for all three macros, just change the 2 at the beginning (the one right after the first = sign) to the desired group number. Icons will be assigned in the order you specified, but there's no guarantee they will be assigned in the same order they're displayed in your raid frames. If you want to change the assigned order or the icons themselves, change the 2,4,6,7,1 inside the brackets using these numbers: https://wow.gamepedia.com/API_SetRaidTargetIcon

Hitting the same macro again will clear the icons. For example, you used the group 4 macro last, clicking it again will clear icons.
    Awesome!! Many thnx!!

One buffing macro (possible with Vanilla's API, not here so much?):

For my priest, I'd like to be able to buff out:

Touch of Weakness, Inner Fire, then Fortitude

I suspect this requires a 'Cast Sequence' macro?

Kicker is, I would like to not cast Fort if it is currently buffed.

I anticipate this can't quite go down like it did in Vanilla, but would like to see what is possible, and also learn where there are restrictions or limitations.

Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by thebelltolleth View Post
    One buffing macro (possible with Vanilla's API, not here so much?):

For my priest, I'd like to be able to buff out:

Touch of Weakness, Inner Fire, then Fortitude

I suspect this requires a 'Cast Sequence' macro?

Kicker is, I would like to not cast Fort if it is currently buffed.

I anticipate this can't quite go down like it did in Vanilla, but would like to see what is possible, and also learn where there are restrictions or limitations.

Thanks for the help!
    Macros cannot determine if someone has a buff or not.

Yep, thx for that reminder. That was one thing I had forgotten. So think it's down to the cast sequence?

Quote Originally Posted by thebelltolleth View Post
    Yep, thx for that reminder. That was one thing I had forgotten. So think it's down to the cast sequence?
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence Touch of Weakness, Inner Fire, Fortitude

Thanks for that.

I want to equip the cloak and teleport with this macro:

#showtooltip;
    /equip Shroud of Cooperation;
    /use 15;
    But it won't teleport, any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Tercio View Post
    I want to equip the cloak and teleport with this macro:

But it won't teleport, any tips?
    You have to use it twice, once for equip and again to use. The semicolons are probably breaking it as well. The only use for semicolons anywhere in the UI is for multiple spells in one line of a macro. They aren't even needed in Lua.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /equip Shroud of Cooperation
    /use 15

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [swimming] [outdoors] Travel Form; Cat Form
    /cast [form:3] Wild Charge
    I want a macro that only uses wild charge when in travel form. Aka only leap forward and do nothing in all other forms. I was assuming the above macro would work since form 3 is travel form but if I have a friendly target the macro seems to ignore the form 3 modifier and makes my character fly to the friendly target as if I'm in normal form / form 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkhan View Post
    I was assuming the above macro would work since form 3 is travel form but if I have a friendly target the macro seems to ignore the form 3 modifier and makes my character fly to the friendly target as if I'm in normal form / form 0.
    I'm sorry, that wouldn't work either way, not without a modifier for Wild Charge. The third line will always assume a "wrong" form, due to the server not acknowledging the form change from the second line yet.

If you're already in Travel Form, the second line will cancel it, taking you to Caster Form, but the third will still think you're in [form:3], so Wild Charge is cast - as the server will then properly do them in order, this uses the Wild Charge variant for Caster Form.
    If you're not in Travel Form yet, the third line will not fire, since you're not in [form:3] as far as the macro system is concerned.

I even tried [form:3,@player] to invalidate the targetting, so you could at least spam the macro twice in short succession, but while that works when going into Travel Form, it still tries to cast Caster Wild Charge when already in Travel Form.

Use e.g.
    Code:
    /cast [form:3,mod:alt] Wild Charge
    to separate the two actions by time.
    Without Alt for toggling Travel Form, with Alt for using Wild Charge, if in Travel Form.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Targeting/Focus Macro question

Years ago I seem to recall that I had a macro that would be a one-button target/focus selector, to make it easier to swap targeting. But I can't seem to make it work and wondered if all of you could help me. This is just about targeting/focusing, NOT about bringing any skills into the mix.

Here is what I'd like to do with my one-button macro, fighting two mobs I'll call Mob1 (my main target) and Mob2 (the target I want to focus):

1. If I have no focus and I target Mob2, click button to make Mob2 my focus
    2. If I'm fighting (and have targeted) Mob1 and I have Mob2 focused, if I click button, it will switch my target to Mob2
    3. If I'm targeting nothing but I have Mob2 focused, it will switch my target to Mob2
    4. If I have Mob2 focused, and I target Mob2 and click the button, it will remove my focus

Is this still possible?
    Last edited by damonskye; 2020-07-17 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    Is this still possible?
    1-3 is easy, 2 and 3 are basically the same:
    /focus [@focus,noexists]
    /tar [@focus,exists]
    If you have no focus, focus your current target. If you have a focus, target it (no matter your current target - might also trigger (but probalby not, due to timing) if the previous line set the focus, but causes no change in target)

Point 4 is probably not possible, though, as /focus isn't a toggle, you'd use /clearfocus to remove a focus target, but to my knowledge, there's no way to check if your target is equal to your focus.

Bonus: since this macro is intended for fighting hostile mobs, if you're Melee/Hunter, you can add this third line to automatically start auto-hitting the new target:
    /startattack [harm]

I never understood how hunters became huntards. Until I made one and use /startattack in his ability macros lmao. "Hey tank, they killed everything as I was pressing barbed shot to keep my buff up...so I pulled the next pack for you, have fun!" lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    1-3 is easy, 2 and 3 are basically the same:

If you have no focus, focus your current target. If you have a focus, target it (no matter your current target - might also trigger (but probalby not, due to timing) if the previous line set the focus, but causes no change in target)

Point 4 is probably not possible, though, as /focus isn't a toggle, you'd use /clearfocus to remove a focus target, but to my knowledge, there's no way to check if your target is equal to your focus.

Bonus: since this macro is intended for fighting hostile mobs, if you're Melee/Hunter, you can add this third line to automatically start auto-hitting the new target:
    Thank you! I did use this, modified a little... so it only defocuses if I'm targeting nothing, but keeps the focus whether I'm on mob1 or mob2.

I really appreciate the help, thanks!