Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][@target,help] Rejuvenation; Rake
    /cast [nostealth,nocombat] !Prowl; Rake
    This macro is supposed to cast rejuvenation when my mouseover or target is friendly. Rake if the target is hostile and stealth if I am out of combat. This works in 9 out of 10 situations however when I'm playing arena and I have a friendly target clicking the macro results in me losing that friendly target and instead targeting a random enemy player.

Edit: Seems to have something to do with Rake auto targeting nearest enemy. I wonder if that can be disabled.
    Edit2: Adding a stopmacro line with friendly target condition fixed the problem for right now. Still looking for input/improvements to the macro though.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /stopmacro [@playertarget,help]
    Last edited by Alkhan; 2020-07-28 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkhan View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    This macro is supposed to cast rejuvenation when my mouseover or target is friendly. Rake if the target is hostile and stealth if I am out of combat. This works in 9 out of 10 situations however when I'm playing arena and I have a friendly target clicking the macro results in me losing that friendly target and instead targeting a random enemy player.

Edit: Seems to have something to do with Rake auto targeting nearest enemy. I wonder if that can be disabled.
    Edit2: Adding a stopmacro line with friendly target condition fixed the problem for right now. Still looking for input/improvements to the macro though.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /stopmacro [@playertarget,help]
    It sometimes doesn't work because you have two separate lines. While you are in combat, the bottom line will always attempt to cast Rake.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][@target,help,nodead] Rejuvenation; [nostealth,nocombat] !Prowl; Rake
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    It sometimes doesn't work because you have two separate lines. While you are in combat, the bottom line will always attempt to cast Rake.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][@target,help,nodead] Rejuvenation; [nostealth,nocombat] !Prowl; Rake
    Works perfectly. Also thank's for the explanation.

Code:
    #showtooltip Mighty Bash
    /cast [nocombat] !Prowl
    /cast [form:1/2] Wild Charge
    /cast [stealth] Rake
    /cast [target=mouseover,nostealth,harm,exists,nodead] Mighty Bash; Mighty Bash
    Right now the macro does nothing (other than mighty bash stun) when I'm in caster form / form 0 and in combat. Looking for a way to incorporate form 0 = go into cat form and cast wild charge into the macro.
    Last edited by Alkhan; 2020-08-11 at 01:04 AM.

Code:
    /cast [stance:4/2/1/0,outdoors][swimming] !Travel Form;[stance:3/2/1/0] !moonkin Form;[indoors] !Cat Form;
    Wrote the above will switch nicely between Moonkin/Travel/Cat forms on a single button, I'd like to default it to Moonkin Form on first click if in combat now. Currently you get Travel Form on the first click, which is fine for out of combat but not ideal in combat. Any ideas folks?

Quote Originally Posted by promithius View Post
    Code:
    /cast [stance:4/2/1/0,outdoors][swimming] !Travel Form;[stance:3/2/1/0] !moonkin Form;[indoors] !Cat Form;
    Wrote the above will switch nicely between Moonkin/Travel/Cat forms on a single button, I'd like to default it to Moonkin Form on first click if in combat now. Currently you get Travel Form on the first click, which is fine for out of combat but not ideal in combat. Any ideas folks?
    Not able to test at the moment but give this a try:
    Code:
    /cast [nostance:4,combat] !Moonkin Form;[nostance:3,outdoors][swimming] !Travel Form;[nostance:4] !Moonkin Form;[indoors] !Cat Form

Perfect, thanks very much!

I'm trying to make a macro that performs a random emote from a short list. I'm assuming it's going to have to be a /script type of macro as I can't get /castrandom to work them.

Would any of you know how to go about doing it? And what about including conditionals, like nocombat, for the entire thing? (aka, it only choose a random emote if not in combat).

The emotes I'm interested in using in this fashion is /laugh, /cry, and /sigh.

Thank you in advance.

Okay, guess I'm going to have to break down and learn this on my own then. Useful thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkelzahn View Post
    I'm trying to make a macro that performs a random emote from a short list. I'm assuming it's going to have to be a /script type of macro as I can't get /castrandom to work them.
    This should do it, you can add more emotes later on (inside the curly braces, quotes around them, separated by commas, spaces between are optional)
    Code:
    /run if InCombatLockdown() then return end local emts={"laugh", "cry", "sigh"} DoEmote(emts[random(#emts)])
    Note that DoEmote requires specific EmoteTokens. Basically, you can't use aliases, e.g. /joke and /silly are identical, but the function only accepts "joke", and localized emote versions won't work either.

If you want the emotes to always be used without target, use this version:
    Code:
    /run if InCombatLockdown() then return end local emts={"laugh", "cry", "sigh"} DoEmote(emts[random(#emts)],"§")
    That's the equivalent of e.g. /sigh § - providing a (partial) target name that should never be matched by any unit. You can of course use any character that isn't a letter or a number (NPCs sometimes have numbers in their names)

Funny side note, something which I only noticed now, after 14 years: using emotes with looping animations like /dance or /cower again, cancels the animation without chat output. This of course also applies to DoEmote.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

I'm looking for a macro that uses modifiers during channeling part of cast. I'm looking for a macro that casts Soothing Mist via mouseover, when channelling the macro executes Vivify with no modifiers, with modifiers like shift executes Enveloping Mist while channeling, when [harm] Rising Sun Kick

Is it possible to have a macro that assists the person your healing and attack it with Rising Sun Kick?

I'm also looking for a macro that cast Thunder Focus Tea with modifier ctrl and mouseover Renewing Mists

I'm also looking for a Fistweaver Rotation of Tiger Palm, Tiger Palm, Tiger Palm, Blackout Kick

Is it better to bind all keys with shift and ctrl ahead of time or should I use macros with modifiers for that function?

I'm also looking for mouseover macros with modifiers for different spells, like Essence Font with modifier:shift Life Cocoon

And I have a question, do I have to unbind my shift+num keys to get my macro modifiers for shift to work on the number keys?

Hi there,

Im new to discipline healing and I have been trying and failing to create a macro for penance. I have searched all the forums and cant seem to find what I want and my attempts to modify existing ones are not going well. I want a macro that will cast penance on myself if I have neither a target or mouseover target, but cast penance on mouseover if it exists, and if no mouseover target, just casts penance on my selected target.

Thanks

Disregard... figured it out. For anyone that needs it /cast [@mouseover, nodead, exists][@target, nodead, exists][@player] penance
    Last edited by Phoenix19; 2020-10-02 at 08:54 PM.

Looking for a macro that casts wild charge then incapacitating roar when in cat/bear form [form:1/2] and just incapacitating roar when in all other forms [form:0/3/4].
    Tried to achieve this myself with my basic knowledge of macros but couldn't get it to work probably due to wild charge not being on the global cooldown and incapacitating roar not requiring a target. Idk any help is appreciated.

Throughout BFA I used this macro to check the Legion mission table:

/run ShowGarrisonLandingPage(LE_GARRISON_TYPE_7_0)

As of today, or maybe earlier, it shows me the BFA table. Anyone know how to fix the macro? Changing the number does nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacejockey9 View Post
    Throughout BFA I used this macro to check the Legion mission table:

/run ShowGarrisonLandingPage(LE_GARRISON_TYPE_7_0)

As of today, or maybe earlier, it shows me the BFA table. Anyone know how to fix the macro? Changing the number does nothing.
    They changed the enum variable you feed into the function.

Code:
    Draenor: /run ShowGarrisonLandingPage(Enum.GarrisonType.Type_6_0)
    Legion:  /run ShowGarrisonLandingPage(Enum.GarrisonType.Type_7_0)
    Battle:  /run ShowGarrisonLandingPage(Enum.GarrisonType.Type_8_0)
    Shadow:  /run ShowGarrisonLandingPage(Enum.GarrisonType.Type_9_0)
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    Rogue macro
    I need help to clean this macro:

#show
    /Cast [nomod,stance] Shadow strike
    /Cast [nomod,nostance] backstab
    /Cast [mod:ctrl] shuriken storm
    /Cast [mod:alt,] feint
    /Stopattack [nocombat]
    /Cast [nocombat] !stealth

1. if possible I need the macro to be only 1 line (using semicolons instead of many /cast lines)
    2. the macro will only use feint once then it will stop working (I'm asuming because the macro has several lines)
    3. do I need to add other conditionals? Like @target,exists,harm,nodead...etc?
    4. Do I need to specify if stance or nostance on every [] bracket?
    5. Is it better to use stance:0/1/2/3?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    They changed the enum variable you feed into the function.

Code:
    Draenor: /run ShowGarrisonLandingPage(Enum.GarrisonType.Type_6_0)
    Legion:  /run ShowGarrisonLandingPage(Enum.GarrisonType.Type_7_0)
    Battle:  /run ShowGarrisonLandingPage(Enum.GarrisonType.Type_8_0)
    Shadow:  /run ShowGarrisonLandingPage(Enum.GarrisonType.Type_9_0)
    Thank you!

Alexplode:

1. shouldnt be a problem, 2. is definitely not because of the number of lines. I do not fully understand what you mean though. what else is it supposed to do after using feint (on mod:alt)? 3. you never NEED more conditionals, they can just be very useful. 4. I'm not sure about roguestances, but you don't need to specify the stance if it's irrelevant for the macro. [stance] and [nostance] are fine as long as the number of the stance doesn't matter.

maybe you should specify exactly what you want the macro to do. I'm no Rogue Macro guy so I'm not sure about the last 2 lines.
    A macro that should do what you want (at least the first few lines):

#showtooltip
    /use [mod:ctrl] Shuriken Storm, [mod:alt] Feint, [stance] Shadow Strike, Backstab;

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ensifera View Post
    Alexplode:

1. shouldnt be a problem, 2. is definitely not because of the number of lines. I do not fully understand what you mean though. what else is it supposed to do after using feint (on mod:alt)? 3. you never NEED more conditionals, they can just be very useful. 4. I'm not sure about roguestances, but you don't need to specify the stance if it's irrelevant for the macro. [stance] and [nostance] are fine as long as the number of the stance doesn't matter.

maybe you should specify exactly what you want the macro to do. I'm no Rogue Macro guy so I'm not sure about the last 2 lines.
    A macro that should do what you want (at least the first few lines):

#showtooltip
    /use [mod:ctrl] Shuriken Storm, [mod:alt] Feint, [stance] Shadow Strike, Backstab;
    thanks alot, just needed that clarification and i can work towards my macros wth what you gave me:

#show gloomblade
    /use [mod:ctrl] Shuriken Storm, [mod:alt] backstab, [stance] Shadow Strike, Backstab;
    /stopattack [nocombat]
    /use [nocombat] !stealth

the 2 lines below are just a bonus in case im following someone and i leave combat.

[stance] Shadow Strike, Backstab;

how does macro know how to use backstab when [nostance] ?
    would you care to explain the semicolon at the end of backstab?

I had this code that I copied from SOMEWHERE in WoWHead to track world bosses of MoP and WoD, but SL made it simply stop working:

/run for k, v in pairs({Galleon=32098, Nalak=32518, Oondasta=32519, Sha=32099, Rukhmar=37464, Kazzak=39380, Seals=36055, PlatINV=38482}) do print(format("%s: %s", k, IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(v) and "\124cff00ff00Yes\124r" or "\124cffff0000No\124r")) end

What's wrong with it now? o.o