Is there any way to set up a macro for changing action bars?

Like say for the sake of argument that I'm using action bar 1 with a controller and i wanted to switch to action bar 2 while on the move

Would there be any way to do that

Quote Originally Posted by knightblazer85 View Post
    Is there any way to set up a macro for changing action bars?

Like say for the sake of argument that I'm using action bar 1 with a controller and i wanted to switch to action bar 2 while on the move

Would there be any way to do that
    Action bar page has a keybind you can set.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

hello, can someone help to incorporate this line:

HTML Code:
    /cast [mod:shift,@focus] Dispel Magic

into this macro?

HTML Code:
    #showtooltip Shadow Word: Death
    /cqs
    /stopcasting
    /cast [@target,harm] Shadow Word: Death
    /stopmacro [harm]
    /targetenemy
    /cast Shadow Word: Death
    /targetlasttarget [harm]
    Last edited by Huf; 2022-11-07 at 05:30 PM.

Hey!

I have this macro is used to resize the Blizzard raid frames. It worked when i using the Blizzard raid frames as party frames as well.
    But, since the pre-patch, it still does the Raid frames but it does not do the party frames in raid style.

The macro is this:
    HTML Code:
    /run CompactRaidFrameManager:SetScale(0.94)
    /run CompactRaidFrameContainer:SetScale(0.94)
    Does anyone know how i can get this to apply to the raid style party frames? There must be a new command for these.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2022-11-08 at 05:15 PM.

I need some help in case someone knows what I'm doing wrong

so I have this macro which works fine in Shadowlands with the Legendary Unity or without (Talented)

Code:
    /cast [combat, nochanneling, mod:ctrl] Convoke the Spirits
    and since I know Legendaries only work in Shadowlands I decided not to use any Legendary anymore and only the Talented however even with the Talent learned I can get it to work and always get a message "You can't use this here"

Tried
    Code:
    /cast [combat, nochanneling, mod:ctrl] 391528 (which is the Spell ID)
    Code:
    /cast [combat, nochanneling, mod:ctrl] [known:391528] Convoke the Spirits
    Always same message "You can't use this here"

Casting from the Bar works so it's something I'm doing wrong

I also tried this

/click [combat, nochanneling, mod:ctrl] BT4Button33 (which is where I drag the Talented Convoke)
    Didn’t work

Thanks in advance for any help

UPDATE

With a help of a friend I've fixed the macro and should be like this:

/cast [combat, nochanneling, mod:ctrl, known:391528] Convoke the Spirits
    Last edited by Galthariel; 2022-11-17 at 02:52 PM.

Is it possible to add a modifier to also cast another spell to a known spell macro?
    Tried adding another line with cast mod but it didnt work

This is my macro right now
    #showtooltip
    /cast [knownark Ascension] Dark Ascension; [known:Void Eruption] Void Eruption

Why do castsequence macroes constantly break?
    I have /castsequence reset=15 primordial wave, lightning bolt and it constantly gets stuck on one spell or the other. its a pain in the ass tbh.

Hello Guys.
    I asked it already in a another tread, but maybe it's better suited here?

I am looking for a Macro to not only change my spec, also to switch into my desired loadout of the spec i switch to.

So if i run around in the open world as Devastation Evoker and get the invite into heal a M+ the macro should swap me into Preservation with the loadout M+, or if i want to change into my Raid Heal loadout, it should switch to Preservation and direct into my Raid loadout.

I tryed some commands that Blizzard providet postet but i just dont get it working.
    I can change into the other spec but not directly into my desired loadout.

Any way to get it done?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    I have /castsequence reset=15 primordial wave, lightning bolt and it constantly gets stuck on one spell or the other. its a pain in the ass tbh.
    Assuming you just want a button to spam lightning bolt while primordial wave is on cooldown, that macro is written incorrectly.

Aside from that we don't know if you're using the necrolord ability or the talent.

Also on a fundamental level your choice in using a macro like that will almost surely result in sub optimal damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Junseiyuri View Post
    Is it possible to add a modifier to also cast another spell to a known spell macro?
    Tried adding another line with cast mod but it didnt work

This is my macro right now
    #showtooltip
    /cast [known:Dark Ascension] Dark Ascension; [known:Void Eruption] Void Eruption
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:key,known:spell] spell; [known:Dark Ascension] Dark Ascension; [known:Void Eruption] Void Eruption

Replace key with alt, ctrl, or shift. Replace both instances of spell with the spell you want. In the future, when looking for macro help, you should share what spell you were trying to add and any attempts you tried to avoid any confusing answers like having to replace things in what I provided.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Cast sequence is usually not a one-button solution. The way your macro works is it will continue to try casting Primordial Wave until it is successful, then it will stick with Lightning Bolt for 15 seconds after that successful cast, whether or not you get to cast Lightning Bolt.
    Last edited by Kanegasi; 2022-11-24 at 06:59 PM.

So i'm a lazy and also frequently impaired person that recently had the brilliant idea of playing an outlaw rogue.
    Now that's jolly good fun and all especially with the animacharged combo points making the system quite fun but it has too many abilities to comfortably bind imo.

So: Is there a way to macro "Between the Eyes" and dispatch finishers so that the former is used whenever it is off cooldown and the latter whenever the former is on cooldown?
    In my laziness i had hoped it'd be implicit behaviour resulting from just putting the two in a single macro raw but alas.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Hey guys, I'm having trouble with the new DF conditional macros. I'm trying to save some button bloat by combining talents but it's just not happening for me with a couple of tries. I am trying to make a simple one on my Warlock for Soulkeeper/Inquisitor's Gaze but not happening. If I have Soulkeeper talented it works perfectly and the tooltip changes, if I swap to Inquisitor's talen tooltip is default and pressing it does nothing.

#showtooltip
    /use [@cursor][known:386256] Summon Soulkeeper;[known:386344] Inquisitor's Gaze

Quote Originally Posted by Daniie View Post
    Hey guys, I'm having trouble with the new DF conditional macros. I'm trying to save some button bloat by combining talents but it's just not happening for me with a couple of tries. I am trying to make a simple one on my Warlock for Soulkeeper/Inquisitor's Gaze but not happening. If I have Soulkeeper talented it works perfectly and the tooltip changes, if I swap to Inquisitor's talen tooltip is default and pressing it does nothing.

#showtooltip
    /use [@cursor][known:386256] Summon Soulkeeper;[known:386344] Inquisitor's Gaze
    [@cursor,known:386256]

Macro conditionals side-by-side in their own brackets work like "this OR this", so you have "cast @cursor OR if this spell known then cast". Separate them with a comma like I have above so that the logic is "cast @cursor AND if known".

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    [@cursor,known:386256]

Macro conditionals side-by-side in their own brackets work like "this OR this", so you have "cast @cursor OR if this spell known then cast". Separate them with a comma like I have above so that the logic is "cast @cursor AND if known".
    Cheers for the reply, I tried this and whilst both versions work for the @cursor Gatekeeper, it's switching to Gaze and that not working on press that's still broken. Funny part is, this exact type of macro works on another talent set (Bombers @cursor / Demonic Strength) so it's simply something to do with the Gaze talent.

I've tried both Spell ID from Wowhead and using an addon to pull it up as well as spell name but no joy.

If anyone can get one working I would be eternally grateful. I have no more free binds to split them.

You could set it up to simply assume you're running Gaze if you're not running Soulkeeper.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@cursor,known:386256] Summon Soulkeeper; Inquisitor's Gaze
    If that doesn't work then either you don't have the macro on the bar when you switch to Gaze or we need more info about what's actually happening.
    Does the icon change to a question mark?
    Does the icon change to Gaze but pressing it doesn't work?
    Does the icon change to Gaze but clicking it doesn't work?
    What keybind is it on, and does it overlap with your Self Cast Key?
    ...something else
    Last edited by Elvenbane; 2022-11-25 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvenbane View Post
    You could set it up to simply assume you're running Gaze if you're not running Soulkeeper.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@cursor,known:386256] Summon Soulkeeper; Inquisitor's Gaze
    If that doesn't work then either you don't have the macro on the bar when you switch to Gaze or we need more info about what's actually happening.
    Does the icon change to a question mark?
    Does the icon change to Gaze but pressing it doesn't work?
    Does the icon change to Gaze but clicking it doesn't work?
    What keybind is it on, and does it overlap with your Self Cast Key?
    ...something else
    Lifesaver, the macro you linked worked. I wonder why it doesn't work when you try and use a known conditional to both parts? There was nothing special about the macro compared to my Bombers/Demonic Strength one that worked perfectly except for ID's and spell names.

I'm trying to set up a macro to randomize JUST my dragonriding mounts (I already use the favorited mounts everywhere else, so this needs to be it's own button) but I can't figure out how to get it set up. So far I have:

/userandom [nomod] Renewed Proto-Drake, Windborne Velocidrake, Cliffside Wylderdrake, Highland Drake
    /cast

but when I press the button, nothing happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicKira View Post
    I'm trying to set up a macro to randomize JUST my dragonriding mounts (I already use the favorited mounts everywhere else, so this needs to be it's own button) but I can't figure out how to get it set up. So far I have:

/userandom [nomod] Renewed Proto-Drake, Windborne Velocidrake, Cliffside Wylderdrake, Highland Drake
    /cast

but when I press the button, nothing happens.
    The second /cast command is redundant and bugs it out. Remove it and the line above it should work. You could also remove the [nomod] modifier since it doesn't really do anything either unless you have a [mod:X] modifier in the very same macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoli View Post
    The second /cast command is redundant and bugs it out. Remove it and the line above it should work. You could also remove the [nomod] modifier since it doesn't really do anything either unless you have a [mod:X] modifier in the very same macro.
    I tried that and nothing was summoned

Works for me as written.