Page 3 of 327 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuku65 View Post
    looking for a macro, had one but deleted with repair tool =/, i need it to cast wind shear, hex etc. on my target if i dont have a focus, if i have one it will use it on the focus
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus,exists,harm][] Hex

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

Can you make a macro with a percentage chance to do something? like cast a fireball and say a quote 40 percent of the time?

Answered your first post in the Ask It Mods thread.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

lol thanks i posted that in wrong forum,.. i think. i dunno.

Anyone knows how to make the macro for mouseover heal but if you dont have any mouseover it will heal your target and if your target is hostile it will heal his target if thats friendly? I had it on my shammy before but i just copied it from someone and i really suck at macros so would like some help

Edit: I also want it to heal me if i aint got no mouseover or target.

Nevermind i found it, here it is for anyone thats interested just change chain heal to whatever heal you want.

#showtooltip Chain Heal
    /cast [target=mouseover,help,exists] [target=target,help,nodead] [target=targettarget,help,nodead] [target=player] Chain Heal
    Last edited by shammybammy; 2010-10-03 at 07:02 PM.
    Legalize it!

In the interest of cata leveling I'd like to know if it is possible to make a working macro for spells like disc priest's penance and holy paladin's holy shock, so that the spell will be cast on whatever enemy you've got targeted unless you're hovering over a friendly unit frame you're trying to heal; I've been trying to make it work with my usual mouseover heal macros but it doesn't work too well

Quote Originally Posted by Komaru View Post
    In the interest of cata leveling I'd like to know if it is possible to make a working macro for spells like disc priest's penance and holy paladin's holy shock, so that the spell will be cast on whatever enemy you've got targeted unless you're hovering over a friendly unit frame you're trying to heal; I've been trying to make it work with my usual mouseover heal macros but it doesn't work too well
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover] [@player] Holy Shock

Think that'll cast holy shock on the mouse over, then the player if the mouse isn't over something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shammybammy View Post
    Anyone knows how to make the macro for mouseover heal but if you dont have any mouseover it will heal your target and if your target is hostile it will heal his target if thats friendly? I had it on my shammy before but i just copied it from someone and i really suck at macros so would like some help

Edit: I also want it to heal me if i aint got no mouseover or target.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover, help, nodead][help, nodead][@targettarget, help, nodead][@player]Healing Wave
    Replace healing wave.

Quote Originally Posted by Komaru View Post
    Would look like this:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,exists,help][help][]Holy Shock

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Deleted

macro

Hi, first post on the forum ^_^

I am hoping to make a simple taunt macro that taunts the target and then shouts "I have taunted the target"

Currently:

/cast [harm] dark command
    /yell Taunted %t

But I want if the cast is unsuccesful for any reason at all (On cooldown, I have no target, target is friendly) that it won't yell. I tried simply

/cast [harm] dark command
    /yell [harm] Taunted %t

But it seems that yelling does not listen to 'if' statements like "[harm]".

I am very interested in macros and would be cool if someone could explain a way to do this?

Deleted
    For an actual success check you'd have to use an addon.

Code:
    local a = CreateFrame("Frame")
    a:SetScript("OnEvent", function(self, event, ...)
    	self.pguid = self.pguid or UnitGUID("player")
    	local arg = {...}
    	if arg[2] == "SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS" and arg[10] == "Dark Command" and arg[3]==self.pguid then
    		SendChatMessage("Taunted: "..arg[7], "YELL")
    	end
    end)
    a:RegisterEvent("COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED")
    Untested. How to use. Report back with issues.

EDIT: Oh yes, just cast taunt normally (drag from spellbook).

Any ideas how to make a macro to advertise stuff you want to sell in trade? For example /2 Want to sell [actual item link] for 25G. Want to buy [actual item link for 10g] etc?

Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    You can shift-click the link into the macro window, but only from the chat box.

1. Whisper yourself the item link
    2. Open macro window
    3. Enter /2 Want to sell
    4. Shift+click the link from chat

Deleted
    Macros cannot make decisions for you based on the presence of buffs/debuffs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    For an actual success check you'd have to use an addon.
    Report back with issues.

EDIT: Oh yes, just cast taunt normally (drag from spellbook).
    Works absolutely PERFECTLY. Could not have hoped for a better response, thank you!

Is there any thread or link where I can better understand the coding behind addons? I'm very intrigued

A few months ago, I found a macro that let me put both Lava Lash and Stormstike into 1 macro. It would shift between the two spells as they come off cooldown. However, I quit playing enhancement and started1 to play elemental instead, a spec with little room for such macros. So I ended up loosing the macro.

Could anyone help me out here, and show me how a macro like this looks?

Deleted
    Code:
    /castsequence reset=8 Stormstrike, Lava Lash
    EDIT: Might work. Maybe.

EDIT2: Definitely not a perfect solution.

Yeah, was hoping for something of a priority macro. Where Stormstrike has the highest priority, and when it's not usable, Lava Lash is swapped inn. This would make it a little more flexible, but I'm not sure if that's actually possible.

The one you posted however, looks like the one I used before. Or at least it looks familiar.

Thanks.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Post Redacted - didn't take the CD on LL into account.

See below for corrected post.
    Last edited by Taryble; 2010-10-04 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Redacting post.

Deleted
    Problem: Lava Lash has a cooldown.