Page 4 of 327 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm blind - I didn't see it when I originally checked it on WoWWiki. Okay. Lemme think.
    Code:
    /castsequence reset=7 Stormstrike, Lava Lash, Lava Lash, Stormstrike, Lava Lash, Stormstrike, Lava Lash
    The only "pushback" is that the 2nd stormstrike happens on the 9th second, instead of the 8th (due to the GCD caused by the 2nd Lava Lash). Otherwise, it works smoothly.

0.0 - Stormstrike
    1.5 - Lava Lash
    7.5 - Lava Lash
    9.0 - Stormstrike
    13.5 - Lava Lash
    17.0 - Stormstrike
    19.5 - Lava Lash
    The cycle starts over starting with a Stormstrike cast on the 25th second. If you're weaving other abilities in there (shocks, etc), there may be more pushback due to GCD's from that. That's why I put in the reset=7 (if it's been more than 7 seconds from the last click, it starts over with Stormstrike).

Another option is to use a much shorter macro like this:
    Code:
    /castsequence reset=5 Stormstrike, Lava Lash
    It's not perfect, but maybe a little closer than the macros suggested earlier (if not as "complete" as the one I did above).

Redacting my first post.
    Last edited by Taryble; 2010-10-04 at 09:05 PM.

Is there a macro that allows you to use Raise Ally without targeting them? Or did blizz fix this in a patch? An answer would be great!
    You can`t dispel stupid.
    Mah armory:http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Rainofpain

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainofpain View Post
    Is there a macro that allows you to use Raise Ally without targeting them? Or did blizz fix this in a patch? An answer would be great!
    Not that I'm aware of. I believe, similar to resurrects, that you have to be targetting the dead ally.

hey guys i was wondering if i could make a macro that works like righteous defense does on live but for taunt.
    basically, for righteous defense, if you have it keybinded and with a macro, whatever grid portrait you are moused over it'll taunt the 3 attacking mobs on it. any way you can do that for taunt?

if for some reason it won't let me make a macro for taunting whatever is fighting my ally on a grid portrait as a mouseover macro, is there a way to taunt my ally's target if it is an enemy as a mouseover macro?
    FINALLY GOT CATACLYSM!

Even though Stormstrike hits harder than Lava Lash, since it has a longer cooldown it can be sequenced together just fine as long as the spell with the shorter cooldown is first.
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=6 Lava Lash, Stormstrike
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by Rainofpain View Post
    You could try this:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@party1,dead][@party2,dead][@party3,dead][@party4,dead][@party5,dead][]Raise Ally
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by tricknick76 View Post
    hey guys i was wondering if i could make a macro that works like righteous defense does on live but for taunt.
    basically, for righteous defense, if you have it keybinded and with a macro, whatever grid portrait you are moused over it'll taunt the 3 attacking mobs on it. any way you can do that for taunt?
    Yep

#showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseovertarget,harm][]Hand of Reckoning

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    And of course, lawomous makes me look like an idiot. ;-) Glad you're around, because I'm clueless with macros!

I want a macro for PvP warrior (arms) that does Rend when Overpower ain't active, and use overpower if its active

/cast Overpower
    /cast Rend

didn't work
    "Next-Gen" is only a marketing label and not an actual advancement in the Graphics side of games, so quit fooling yourself.

Nope you can't macro them together like that because they are both on the GCD. You can macro Rend with Charge if you want, or you can put in a modifier.

Examples that work:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Charge
    /cast Rend
    or
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod]Rend;Overpower

Deleted
    Need a macro which turns camera 180 degrees and blinks, possible?

Deleted
    Macros cannot turn the camera and/or turn/move your character.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Macros cannot make decisions for you based on the presence of buffs/debuffs.
    what i have been thinking about is working with 2 separate macro's, or even a combo of an addon and a macro.

basically, the idea with the double macro is that one checks for the buff via either of the following in a loop (found at http://www.wowwiki.com/Wow_API#Buff....ff_Functions):
    UnitBuff("unit", index or "buffName" [,castable]) - Retrieves info about a buff of a certain unit UnitDebuff("unit", index or "buffName" [,removable]) - Retrieves info about a debuff of a certain unit. if he finds the buff/debuff, he activates the second macro, that casts the skill. second macro activation would be with runmacro.

alternatively, another idea would be combining a macro and addon, where the addon checks for the buff and either starts the macro or stops the running.

however, i think that both might fail because they are protected API. correct in that?

Quote Originally Posted by Wezz View Post
    Need a macro which turns camera 180 degrees and blinks, possible?
    This will flip the camera. It can be a bit disorienting though, and you have to hit it again to reset the view.
    #showtooltip
    /script FlipCameraYaw(180)
    /cast Blink

And nzall, nonono you're talking about all completely protected functions. You can get a text true / false return about a buff or debuff but there is no way with any combo of macros or addons that it will cast a skill based on that information.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    what i have been thinking about is working with 2 separate macro's, or even a combo of an addon and a macro.

basically, the idea with the double macro is that one checks for the buff via either of the following in a loop (found at http://www.wowwiki.com/Wow_API#Buff....ff_Functions):
    UnitBuff("unit", index or "buffName" [,castable]) - Retrieves info about a buff of a certain unit UnitDebuff("unit", index or "buffName" [,removable]) - Retrieves info about a debuff of a certain unit. if he finds the buff/debuff, he activates the second macro, that casts the skill. second macro activation would be with runmacro.

alternatively, another idea would be combining a macro and addon, where the addon checks for the buff and either starts the macro or stops the running.

however, i think that both might fail because they are protected API. correct in that?
    Indeed. RunMacro is protected.

Looking for one macro that will send my ghoul to leap and petattack my current target, and if I hold shift do the same thing with the mouseover as the target.

My current sloppy version looks like
    /cast Leap
    /petattack
    /cast [@mouseover] Leap
    /petattack [@mouseover]

It works for the most part, but I'd really like the shift modifier added.
    Last edited by kumduh; 2010-10-05 at 09:48 PM.

See if this is what you want.

#showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,mod:shift][]Leap
    /petattack [@mouseover,harm,mod:shift][]

Works like a charm, thanks a bunch!

Regarding a recent discussion elsewhere I thought I would pick your brains here.
    It is possible to have a macro which will toggle the chanelling of Hellfire, casting it if not chanelling, and interrupting it otherwise.
    Something I was having trouble producing myself, like the OP discussing it, had to split into two seperate ones.

I'm assuming you mean the PTR Demonology talented one that doesn't break when you move.

Kind of a head scratcher. I can't really see a way to do it at the moment besides cheating the macro a little, like this:

#showtooltip Hellfire
    /cast [mod]Eye of Kilrogg;Hellfire
    /stopcasting [mod]

Deleted
    I have another question, what [] does in a macro? I've seen you using it in many macros. For example:

/cast [mod:ctrl, @focus][] RandomSpell; Random Spell

Deleted
    Cast without options.
    Code:
    /cast [mod:ctrl, @focus]RandomSpell
    Cast at focus if ctrl down, else do nothing.

Code:
    /cast [mod:ctrl, @focus][]RandomSpell
    Cast at focus if ctrl down, else cast normally.