Page 1 of 2
LastLast

PTR DND Question

Just curious, how hard is the average Unholy dps'ers DND ticking for when dropped? I kept having one (note: he was completely decked out in shadowmourne and all) pulling aggro off aoe mobs in heroics I came across with him, is it just my threat sucking, or are DK's still a tad overtuned, or was it the DND?

Dks certainly aren't overturned on the ptr, not from a dps standpoint. But tanks, specifically Paladins, on the other hand have been having threat go issues, plus dnd does still cause extra threat.

Not overtuned in DPS? What in the world I can pull 9k dps in like 6kGS on a heroic boss when I pull like 6.5k on live. So I would say at least the Frost tree is overtuned. For Unholy I was getting like 8kdps on bosses but then again I wasn't 100% sure of the rotation, but definitely higher than on live for my unholy spec. (Granted I have 2 264 1h and 1 251 2h)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    @Ubhor: I think You missunderstod here one thing. ALL classes and specs are overtuned right now at the PTR. On live I can do like 5k (6k when I try hard) DPS and easily 10k DPS on PTR.

But I've heard it too that there is some issue with threat. Not sure what it is exactly. I might consider that our dear pallys are a bit lazy after how easily they can tank on live atm so then dont's pay as much attention as they could/should. This + higher DPS might end with some agro problems etc.
    Now here we stand with their blood on our hands
    We fought so hard now can we understand

Quote Originally Posted by Ubhor View Post
    Not overtuned in DPS? What in the world I can pull 9k dps in like 6kGS on a heroic boss when I pull like 6.5k on live. So I would say at least the Frost tree is overtuned. For Unholy I was getting like 8kdps on bosses but then again I wasn't 100% sure of the rotation, but definitely higher than on live for my unholy spec. (Granted I have 2 264 1h and 1 251 2h)
    I pull 7-9k DPS on most bosses on live in heroics with a 5800 GS....
    Smile

dont think its because they are overtuned infact on the ptr my aoe damage spell's seem to be halved(enhance sham and warlock) the problem is the only threat managment there is now come's from the tanks the rogues and the hunters plus what ever spells are baseline for a class all the passive threat reduction is gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubhor View Post
    That is nothing new. When we get the next expansion talents and changes, our dps tanking and healing jumps to another level.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerjesus View Post
    I pull 7-9k DPS on most bosses on live in heroics with a 5800 GS....
    Because 30seconds of cooldowns (with a few buffs) is the same as 5 minutes of attacking the dummy with only HoW.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

First off my reply was only to this comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Confessor Kahlan View Post
    Dks certainly aren't overturned on the ptr,
    I am not shocked, disgruntled nor will I be sad when they are balanced, I realize this is PTR. I was only disagreeing with the fact that someone says that DKs are not over tuned. I also am hesitant to say people are having aggro problems or is it DPS doing too much damage.

And in response to Jokerjesus:
    Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    Because 30seconds of cooldowns (with a few buffs) is the same as 5 minutes of attacking the dummy with only HoW.

No, Dnd is not part of the single target dps rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuun View Post
    @Ubhor: I think You missunderstod here one thing. ALL classes and specs are overtuned right now at the PTR. On live I can do like 5k (6k when I try hard) DPS and easily 10k DPS on PTR.

But I've heard it too that there is some issue with threat. Not sure what it is exactly. I might consider that our dear pallys are a bit lazy after how easily they can tank on live atm so then dont's pay as much attention as they could/should. This + higher DPS might end with some agro problems etc.

Feral druids, Ret pallies, and fury warriors would like to have a word with you.
    Once in church when priest went to get more candles I whispered to my friend "Priest ran out of reagents" and heard someone laugh very loud behind us. -Peeb

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Is DnD supposed to be in an unholy rotation btw?

Also, not all classes are overtuned.. A lot are actually undertuned.
    Definately yes for AOE.
    Maybe yes for single target. It's easy enough to figure out, I'll try to remember to check tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

If you have to leave the boss, probably wouldn't hurt.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuun View Post
    ALL classes and specs are overtuned right now at the PTR.
    Tell that to Ret Pallys.
    I'm doing more than 1k less DPS on the PTR from LIve.

hmmm i came to this thread thinking there was an issue with the /DnD (Do not disturb)thing in the PTR, i see i was wrong now...

---------- Post added 2010-09-18 at 10:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    Tell that to Ret Pallys.
    I'm doing more than 1k less DPS on the PTR from LIve.
    OMG!!!! How can you do that?!
    BoOoOoOmMmM!

Ty for all the replies

I jumped right on the PTR on my pally tank, I dare say its almost easier to keep threat

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I don't think that DnD will ever outdamage SS + FS or even 3 SS when you have deathrunes.
    It should be fairly easy to check (:
    DnD costs 1 UH rune now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caddo View Post
    Just curious, how hard is the average Unholy dps'ers DND ticking for when dropped? I kept having one (note: he was completely decked out in shadowmourne and all) pulling aggro off aoe mobs in heroics I came across with him, is it just my threat sucking, or are DK's still a tad overtuned, or was it the DND?
    More like it is his fault, perhaps sucker cleaved to fast and so on tuned with 277 in 200 does wonders

I think I saw up to 2k Crits on the 60 dummies.