Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Worgen are getting plainsrunning?! WTF!!!!

Deleted
    Who says there won't be a racial mount? Worgen will probably be able to buy mounts anyway, so they will always be able to choose between the mount and Running Wild. Then there's no reason to not have a racial mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Oh My Lord, the Worgen Mount idea is Amazing.
    Indeed it is. I don't know what are everyone yapping about, being against it.
    Plainsrunning's mechanic was not even close to that one.

And worgen running on all four is a highly requested "feat" on the beta. It's been discussed multiple times by players and everyone liked the idea.
    But everyone discussed it as being part of Darkflight. Now Blizzard gave us(hopefully, fingers crossed) something SO....MUCH....BETTER!!!

ok smart people have yout thought like in the original beta that plainstriding or going wild w/e is just a place holder till they finish the real mounts so calm dont on that mountain dew code red wipe the epeen juice from your screen and relax

Awesome as it sounds (hoping it'll work better than the original Plainsrunning idea), I foresee a lot of work will be needed with the various clipping issues caused by shoulders and dresses.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    Apparently as a race-change Worgen you can still do the initial quests. You have to fly to Gilneas City, drown yourself, and use the spirit healer nearby. Take the resurrection sickness and you'll phase into the starting area, and all the quests will be open to you.

I imagine they'll be fixing this, but... it might also slip past their radar.
    Considering it was shown in an article on WoWInsider I doubt it will be overlooked.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smunisto View Post

And worgen running on all four is a highly requested "feat" on the beta. It's been discussed multiple times by players and everyone liked the idea.
    But everyone discussed it as being part of Darkflight. Now Blizzard gave us(hopefully, fingers crossed) something SO....MUCH....BETTER!!!
    Indeed, this is just a mount if you look at it technically. It has a casttime and doesnt require you to run for at least 10 sec or what.
    The only problem I see is.. how would other races look using that mount? Gnomes will be like hamsters I guess

Ofc there will be a racial mount for worgens and heres why.
    If there wasnt then alliance would have less mounts available to them and blizz dont do that. They make sure each side is equal, if goblins get 2 mounts, worgen will too. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by LolphDundgren View Post
    If there wasnt then alliance would have less mounts available to them and blizz dont do that. They make sure each side is equal, if goblins get 2 mounts, worgen will too. End of story.
    Really hope you are right, there should be in all fairness tbh too.

Quote Originally Posted by Smunisto View Post

I've been praying for an ability that allows worgen to drop to all fours and run like a fiend like the npc mobs do, but it's not worth it if it means giving up an actual racial mount. I'm seriously hoping this is just a placeholder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Plains running didn't work with tauren... I hope its a place holder to get Worgen fans to shutup about their mount... Still hoping for boar! PLEASE NO HORSES!

Quote Originally Posted by one_entity View Post
    Like the Running Wild thing. But could we please have Plainsrunning for Tauren as well then? That's exactly the same thing and if they implement Running Wild they must have "fixed" whatever issue prevented the implementation of Plainsrunning back in the day.
    Sure, but since they are cows, its should be 10% at lvl 20, and 20% at lvl 60.

I think it would be kinda dumb to do the boar thing, no where in the back ground of the quests deal with boar raising or any reference to it being a mount by npcs.

Deleted
    To everyone complaining about Worgen getting Plainsrunning:

The reason it was removed in ye olden days was twofold. 1), it had a speed buildup (the tauren had to activate it, then run for a few seconds to actually get up to speed), and 2), it had a delay in dismounting that other mounts did not. As far as this new spell goes, neither applies. Which means it'll work perfectly fine. That aside, if they DID do it they'd have to add 2 other alliance-exclusive mounts to fix the disparity. Wait... Wicked theory. What if this is in fact a new mount - a WORGEN MOUNT? They only need to add "letting a gnome or dwarf hop onto your back" at the end of the spell description and we're golden.

Running Wild sounds VERY cool(another reason to race change to worgen), and I'm not much of a mount completionist(I love mounts, but only ones I actually like) so it doesn't bother me too much that they might not get a racial mount.

BUT, I wouldn't be surprised if we see this either as a racial alternative to a racial mount, OR if we'll see Alliance get an extra reputation mount(or something) in compensation since Blizz seems pretty mindful of keeping the amount of mini-pets and mounts equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanfastic View Post
    Plains running didn't work with tauren... I hope its a place holder to get Worgen fans to shutup about their mount... Still hoping for boar! PLEASE NO HORSES!
    The problem with Plains Running had nothing to do with it not being an actual mount. It had a 10 second(or something like that) ramp up period, plus it probably looked pretty silly seeing tauren running that quickly.

This, on the other hand, seems to work the same as any other mount, plus Worgen already have animations for it to not look ridiculous.

"Bloom and Doom" nice, a plants vs. zombies reference

servers going down soon, hopefully a nice shiny load of goodies to play with in the morning

Honestly I think it'd be kind of interesting to have worgens get both a mount and the plainsrunning setup. It might sound weird, but Druids have all their different forms including flight form, the only real 'mount' spell in the game where you're not literally mounted on an animal or vehicle of some kind.

Truthfully I kind of hoped that Darkflight would have you down on all fours too, but meh...

If they give them both a mount and "running wild" can my cow have his plainstriding (same as running wild) please?

Honestly I'm willing to bet its a placeholder

10+ Year Old Account
    The Quest achievements sounds really, really cool. Looking forward to it.

And LOL if Worgen's mount is themselves.

Liking the shaman change, huge increase to WF and FT enchants.

Some of the guild cheevs are pretty simple, like catch 10,000 fish. I've caught like 6k alone just going for the stupid turtle. lol
    Last edited by Shamslam; 2010-09-18 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LolphDundgren View Post
    There's no new mount achievements being added, and with all the new faction mounts they'll be adding into the game, both sides could easily hit 100 to get the achievement. Things don't have to be "fair" when there's no reason for it. Life doesn't work like that, so why should a video game?