Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornicer View Post
    The problem with Plains Running had nothing to do with it not being an actual mount. It had a 10 second(or something like that) ramp up period, plus it probably looked pretty silly seeing tauren running that quickly.

This, on the other hand, seems to work the same as any other mount, plus Worgen already have animations for it to not look ridiculous.
    Oh yea, because seeing a Worgen running that fast (Even on all fours...) is suddenly not ridiculous? The thought of them being as fast as an Ostrich, Tiger, Lion, Kodo, Raven Lord, Raptor etc. is ridiculous. If they can move that fast then why not do it during boss fights? Why not just run around on all fours in BGs and destroy everybody because they can't catch you unless they mount? Its a terrible idea, they need a mount like everybody else. Also, ima get a gnome exalted with Gilneas and buy this just so you can see how ridiculous it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanfastic View Post
    Oh yea, because seeing a Worgen running that fast (Even on all fours...) is suddenly not ridiculous? The thought of them being as fast as an Ostrich, Tiger, Lion, Kodo, Raven Lord, Raptor etc. is ridiculous.
    We've already seen Worgen keep pace with a horse (Grizzly hills quest), actually they were faster so we needed to slow them down, which makes the idea feasible.

If they can move that fast then why not do it during boss fights? Why not just run around on all fours in BGs and destroy everybody because they can't catch you unless they mount? Its a terrible idea, they need a mount like everybody else. Also, ima get a gnome exalted with Gilneas and buy this just so you can see how ridiculous it is.
    Because running on all four requires to have both hands/paws free and gear being rearranged (probably) to allow the freedom of movement, I guess. The cast time suggest they will need to mount like everybody else, the only thing I will not understand is if they wont be able to mount out of combat in dungeons etc.
    Last edited by mmoc72bf0cf9d8; 2010-09-18 at 10:24 PM.

Deleted
    Also, ima get a gnome exalted with Gilneas and buy this just so you can see how ridiculous it is.
    Umadbro ? Its worgen RACIAL.

hmm is anyone eles gettin the patch ? its only 10.9mb

I like collecting mounts so.. I just really hope there will be worgen mounts.

Deleted
    For the ones going "OMG PATCH ON LIVE": No, it ain't, it's part of the background DL and it's just the data for the updated launcher, which is active on the PTR but not on live.

So does Running Wild mean there are no Worgen mounts?

If Worgen get Plainsrunning but Tauren do not, I'll hate Blizzard forever :|

Plainstriding for Puppies?

I hope they fix this . . . especially for mount collectors like me. And I don't even PLAY Alliance. o.O Pshaw.

Running Wild has me very intrested. I am assuming at this moment in time that there will be worgen mount. However after reading that it gives you a mounted aura..I am still inclined to believe there is a worgen mount, but no so much as I was before.

I am wondering though that if Running wild is a racial, and there are no worgen mounts....Then it will be as mounts are now, increasing in speed at certain levels. A 310% running worgen lol.

Tbh I am unsure on what to think about this. A mount is always a nice thing to have if your a mount collector... which leads me to if there is no worgen mount..how will this get you mounts towards the achivments etc. I imagine it will be learnable, and that will count as one..I have no idea.

So many questions. No answers as of yet. But Cataclysm is just round the corner... a corner that lasts about 3 months ( if that ) I guess I will find out then. But we shall see

Ahahaha no worgen mount? I think blizz is just hiding the supries vampire mounts.

I demand the return of plainsrunning

10+ Year Old Account
    Id laugh if other alliance races could learn this as well with exalted rep. Imagine a gnome or a nightelf running on all 4's xD

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably been said already, but maybe this Running Wild ability is like for pvp movement? Useable in combat maybe? I don't think Blizzard will make the same mistake again.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aw c'mon, more holy paladin nerfs? You're starting to make it hard for me not to whine.

Ok here is what you do. let other races get the running wild ability but if changes per race. For example gnomes could get skates or skateboard and so on for the others this way the mounts nerds will be happy and worgens will have awesome mount ability what you think?

As a major Tauren fan, I ... do not care in the least if Worgen get this and Tauren do not. Someone who can turn into a supernatural animal with four legs can run fast. Okay. A Tauren? I never liked the idea of Plainsrunning anyway. All the 'they better bring it back' sounds like sour grapes, to me.

Running Wild is indeed the new racial "mount" for worgen. Functionally the ability works exactly like a mount. This does mean the worgen are not bringing faction mounts to the table which other Alliance races can access. This is also of course very different from the original Plainsrunning implemented for taurens. We have no plans to try and bring that ability back in any form.

Ultimately, we feel Running Wild fits very well with the nature of the worgen race. Rather than getting a physical mount, they get down and sprint on all fours. When you're playing a worgen, it just feels awesome.

[ Post edited by Zarhym ]
    Yep, this was posted in blue on the forums

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sollace View Post
    Id laugh if other alliance races could learn this as well with exalted rep. Imagine a gnome or a nightelf running on all 4's xD
    what is making so many in this thread miss that this is a RACIAL ability , not a purchasable mount?

15+ Year Old Account
    They buff everyone else's racials but nerf perception? At least give us something else in return rather than just removing it and calling it a day