Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Please remove Meeting Stones

I really hope Blizzard can remove the Meeting Stones and the Warlock Summon spell. And here's my reasons for that:

-It fixes laziness: People who really want to do the raid or instance, have to get there themselves. As soon as you are invited, you should start making your way there, and not lurk in a city, where you most likely saw the guy spamming trade for that ICC raid...

-Symbolizes the return of hardcore: Blizzard have hinted towards are more hardcore friendly game in the entire beta. The boss encounters are harder, more sophisticated mechanics and it takes longer to complete the dungeon. Why not remove any carebear way of getting there? It seems like a false safety if you can get there with no effort and then get hammered by the encounters.

-Sufficient Lore reasons: Deathwing's return shattered the ley lines of the summoning stones to a point of no use. Warlocks can not create the Summoning Stones as well because they operated on the same ley lines.

-Exploration: If you have to fly to the encounter, you get to see more of the world. And while you fly, you can alt-tab and look up some strategies on the encounter.
    I registered on MMO-Champion and all I got was this lousy signature.

I'm a cynic. Deal with it!

Deleted
    I stopped reading when you mentioned hardcore. Sorry, but, seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    So by your definition... Inconvenient and time consuming = hardcore?
    Looks like it, but the LFD System especially has taken the "World" out of World of Warcraft. My friend leveled a Paladin from 15-80 without leaving Orgrimmar. And even at 80, can be summoned anywhere. I mean, you might as well remove all the landscape, and just put an entrance to every dungeon in Dalaran.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPistachio View Post
    Bornakk lifts the cup of coffee up to his mouth...
    ...when the Scythe of Elune comes crashing through it.
    ???: I can't you let you brew that, Starbucks!

Deleted
    "Hi socialguy, thanks for joining our WotA raid half way through! Make your way from org please. Everyone else, take a 20 min break"

Deleted
    The LFD-system should still force you to actually move there. That'd be great.

"LFM Grim Batol, need tank, heal, warlock, 2 DPS PST."

Herein, we discuss matters of the utmost importance.

Summons do have their uses, but I do agree that a good deal are far too lazy to travel without them.
    Take the number of demands for summons to VoA from dalaran for example.

Wooooow i have to waste 10 more minutes to get to my instance that's so hardcore!
    Let's have a /slityourveins next that'd realy be hardcore!

Quote Originally Posted by Nekhetyo View Post
    -Sufficient Lore reasons: Deathwing's return shattered the ley lines of the summoning stones to a point of no use. Warlocks can not create the Summoning Stones as well because they operated on the same ley lines.
    By that logic, Mages should lose Teleport and Portal spells as well. As a bonus, they should lose the ability to conjure food and water, since it is effectively teleporting said substance, not creating it.

Merriam-Webster; Conjure:
    2a : to summon by or as if by invocation or incantation

Seems like an unreasonable request, considering all the work Blizzard has done to make meeting stones useful, not to mention the similar mechanic they are adding with guild perks for this very expansion (see 'Have Group, Will Travel').

Guys guys guys!

We all know, flying all the way from Darnassus to Blackrock Mountain makes you more hardcore and pro than the dirty casual scrub who flies from Ironforge.
    Sonics - Argent Dawn EU
    Mahurum - Argent Dawn EU

Although the idea of make people explore more is not bad... this is not the way.. removing summons would only make people angry, and would make all of us loose much time...
    Try again
    Last edited by Glaedr; 2010-09-18 at 12:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remove mounts kkplxthx.

What's the deal, if their in way different continent, as Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms, then i don't see why they should say "Take the zeppelin, we're going to have a half hour break, clap of ourselves and say we're hardcore, Then begin raiding!" That should be your resume in others years.

Deleted
    I´m still not sold on how FLYING there (i.e. going there in a straight line without any danger of encountering something) is more hardcore than being ported.

Ride there, on your ground mount, if you want to be hardcore. It meets all your requirements (fixes lazyness since people can´t just autowalk and afk, symbolizes the return of hardcore since you might actually have to fight something, has lore reason since the flying mounts should be scared like hell of Deathwing being somewhere up there AND you get to explore way more stuff than just by flying over something). So, by your requirements, should Blizzard get rid of flying mounts? Or mounts all together by that reasoning? I mean, walking is even more hardcore.

Anyway, sorry for feeding the (quite literal considering the avatar) troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Siaer View Post
    I may be wrong, but I was fairly sure Blizzard had said that come Cataclysm, the dungeon finder wont select an instance that you havn't actually discovered out in the world first.

I feel sorry for your friend, I cant think of anything more boring than paying to play this game and doing that.
    That's true. I can't go into Stonecore because I haven't discovered it yet. I have discovered Tol'vir however so I can go into that.

Deleted
    How about this: remove meeting stones and summons, make a new guild spells that summons guild members, 1 minute cooldown. this way we can summon people when needed but will filter out the slackers. only works in raids.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    But... "HS on CD?".....

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mate.. this is from a raider that cleared everything during the past 5 years..
    Its not about trolling, or rant.. Problem with the wow community is people that
    come up with the most crazy ideas and decide to implement them in forums.

Again, i am not challenging you or anything.. The difference between me, us and you
    is that we are in guilds, that are top-server guilds. We need the stones, we need the
    warlocks so that we can get all the people in, clear trash, kill the "easy" bosses
    so we can progress. If u are doing pugs which u are it seems, dont blame blizzard,
    or demand to remove the stones, just so u can "force" people to be there.

Cause they wont, they are so lazy that they would rather leave the raid group than move
    to the instance.. Same here.. we are dueling durotar, and we wait he locks to move in and summon
    with the guild manager.. ( Note we aint casual and all above 6.2k gs )

This is how I would like it: Remove random heroics. Bring back daily heroics. People have to go to a dungeon meeting stone to queue up in LFD for that dungeon.