Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Angry Do away with inner rage!

This really isn't much of a long post, but due to inner rage becoming an active ability, it's really becoming all too much too manage, We already have so many buttons to watch all the time.
    It seems kind of absurd just to have another button to press, Warriors have WAY to many buttons to press at the moment and adding another one just seems kind of overkill -.o. I think inner rage needs to be passive again, or just scrapped in general. It seems kind of clunky, and as much as i like the "Overdrive" concept. I'm sure it could be finesed into a much smoother transition.

Just my opinion guys, have a good one.

You think warriors have too many buttons to press try some of the harder specs and then see if you still think you have too many buttons also(i havent kept up with beta warriors)isnt the rage normalization making it harder to hit rage cap?
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    I play horde.

I smash my keyboard repetitively while yelling "MAKIN SHIT HAPPEN" over and over at the top of my lungs.

Quote Originally Posted by krowd1 View Post
    This really isn't much of a long post, but due to inner rage becoming an active ability, it's really becoming all too much too manage, We already have so many buttons to watch all the time.
    It seems kind of absurd just to have another button to press, Warriors have WAY to many buttons to press at the moment and adding another one just seems kind of overkill -.o. I think inner rage needs to be passive again, or just scrapped in general. It seems kind of clunky, and as much as i like the "Overdrive" concept. I'm sure it could be finesed into a much smoother transition.

Just my opinion guys, have a good one.

you can try make some macros and line up it with deathwish and orc's blood fury, trinkets etc.
    but yes making it "auto-cast" will be more fun for warriors.

i think blizz wants to resolve problem when inner rage is becoming a nerf (u got less rage when its casted for 15s)
    Last edited by machop; 2010-09-18 at 12:11 PM.

At the current moment in time i'm not even going to bother with fury all that much, arms looks superior in almost every way, but there's so much to watch out for in the beta for arms. I just think they should be merging spells as they did talents, or make some talents passive. Maybe not inner rage but we do seriously need some passive spells. My cast bar is nearly full on live, with the addition of heroic leap, throwdown, inner rage and collosus smash. I'm going to overwhelmed. I'm not sure about you guys but i most certainly am :/

Off-topic: Is it just me? or does fury need a way of reducing collosus smash's cooldown? With arms having sudden death, it is a pretty effective way for compensating for no Armor Penetration, but as for fury. A 20 second cooldown for 6 seconds of armor ignore seems mighty lackluster. Maybe a talent to decrease it's cooldown by 0.5 secd every time you melee or something along those lines would really help. It would also be a large hindrance in pvp for fury!

Deleted
    If you feel overwhelmed then your probally not keybinding efficiently enough. Or you only have a two buttoned mouse.

I like the variety. It's a nice cooldown in my opinion; you have to put some thought into when you use it or you will get punished with rage starvation.

Oh sure. I'm trying to use rage but instead I'll waste a GCD on this TRINKET BUFF that makes my bars instantly go dark.

Even if it's off GCD? EVERYTHING ELSE IS. Which resulted in "Charges and kicks don't use your GCD so we have to nerf abilities that can now spin constantly."

Yay, let's make warriors macro stance+hand swaps and stance+kick/reflect/etc swaps and basically run three times the spins just to keep up. My other 80s usually have a simple CDs/buffs macro and that's it. Kill macros that make 15% look like crap, even death wish is 20%.

Face it, faildevs, 15%-50% were retarded numbers. Arcane power is rolling on the floor laughing. 7.5%-25% and an auto-off at 50 rage would've been the same yet better. Or any other values that don't hinder play.
    Ever squish your face on a window?
    It looks funny. Ever got it stuck?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearson View Post
    If you feel overwhelmed then your probally not keybinding efficiently enough. Or you only have a two buttoned mouse.

I like the variety. It's a nice cooldown in my opinion; you have to put some thought into when you use it or you will get punished with rage starvation.
    A fair quote, but you have to look at the bigger picture, should a class really require a multi button mouse ( i own one, yet i'm still going to struggle with the amass amount of spells to use)
    and a very intricate form of macroing just to be deemed successful at your class?

I suppose the thread has somewhat drifted away from the inner rage, and just the amount of spells warrior have in general. But it's true. Having certain spells like inner rage is overkill.

They are doing way too much unnecesary shit around IR really. I have a hard time figuring a scenario in which I'd like to use it (maybe save for lots of constant raid damage which would negate the 50% increased rage cost) and somehow I have a feeling that it's not the end of changes.

credits: Supernerd

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsdott View Post
    I have a feeling that it's not the end of changes.
    I feel the same. In it's current stat IR is the only cooldown in WoW history that has the potential to nerf your DPS instead of improving it.

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

i think it be cool if it just let you use execute when u had 100 rage that would add 90 of that rage into damage. It be a nice lil boom boom pow kinda thing

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearson View Post

You shouldn't have to buy accessories to play a class effectively. Keybinding, sure, but spending $40+ just so I can play a warrior? That's bad class design. No class should be that complicated that you need to use anything but the default layout to play the class.

Macro's, keybinds etc. will help, and possibly make the class trivial, but they shouldn't be necessary to play a class effectively. (read: well enough, but not to maximum potential)

Quote Originally Posted by Drefanator View Post
    You shouldn't have to buy accessories to play a class effectively. Keybinding, sure, but spending $40+ just so I can play a warrior? That's bad class design. No class should be that complicated that you need to use anything but the default layout to play the class.

Macro's, keybinds etc. will help, and possibly make the class trivial, but they shouldn't be necessary to play a class effectively. (read: well enough, but not to maximum potential)
    Indeed, it's true. I recall ghostcrawler saying that a player should be rewarded for making a clever macro, or something of the equivalent which is a fair point, but the face that shieldwall/spellreflect actually NEED a macro to be functional is just stupid. A good way to clean up the warrior class would to just already build in the function of equipping a shield with a shield required spells, obviously being able to select what shield, just some kind of minescule UI for the warrior so they can weapon swap on demand even?

I'm just rambling now :P

But if they do away with IR, the only new move we'll get is a shitty jump =/

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather have it as a passive effect instead of a cooldown. Let me take notice that I've hit the rage cap, but I don't really want to have to press a button in order to get into the mindset of "K, gotta bleed this rage off now".

Inner Rage is now another cooldown, Gushing Wound is out the window, Heroic Leap isn't heroic anymore...

All I have to look forward to is Colossus Smash?!
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Remove it and replace the 83 ability with a reliable CC, imo.
    (:
    Fixes utility problems in PVE, fixes removal of burst in PVP.

most of you warriors cryed that you had no control over inner rage...now that blizz gave it to you as a cd u say "we have too many buttons to hit". All i remeber hearing is how it will only be a nerf to your dps, so if u believe it will nerf you, then guess what dont use it. then when the warrior that makes use of a decent cd beats you on dps you can be like "ZOMG I ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT IT WOULD HURT MY DPS BUT LOOK ALL OF GHOSTCRAWLERS EXPLAINAITIONS WERE TRUE" then maybe bitch about an extra button to push.

really though i barely heard any of the warior communtiy saying that they liked innerrage the way it was, this way if u qq about it being a dps nerf then u dont have to use it and its just as good as gone, but good warriors will use it at the right time and then u will cry about it not being passive again gg.
    http://owlkinbf.blogspot.com/Theory is where good ideas come from. Practice is where good players come from.

Quote Originally Posted by Dillybear View Post
    most of you warriors cryed that you had no control over inner rage...now that blizz gave it to you as a cd u say "we have too many buttons to hit."
    TL;DR

I'm not sure about the next guy, but i always enjoyed it as a passive. Sure there might of been a lack of control, but that's just because the numbers are messed up 50% is a very high amount of excess rage, if you ask me just half both of the numbers, 7.5-8% more damage for 25% more rage or for it just to last for 2-3 attacks. Not another ability. Warriors REALLY don't need another ability.

It's better as passive because we already have Death Wish and IR is pretty much like DW but weaker and costs you more. Like I said, if there is an encounter with lots of raid damage, burning DW and current IR would boost our dps like a motherfucker but otherwise, 50% increased rage cost for, let's face it, petty increase seeing how pricy it is, isn't worth it. Whereas making it passive with some extremely careful number tuning (I like the idea of 10% damage increase for 3-5 next attacks but for 25% more ragecost) could make it beneficial instead of making people wonder whether it's really good to havr it or not.

Removing arp was meant to simplify gearing decisions but right now, instead of doing the math to figure out when it's good to pump in arp rating, I have to do even more math to figure out when will IR actually help me top recount without stealing all the red part of my rage bar.

credits: Supernerd

15+ Year Old Account
    Might use it for burst in AoE or PvP but that's it.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

I would like to see inner rage remain 'use on demand' but act as an enrage mechanism so that we could use it to keep up our rotation.

Say maybe it procs like slam when you hit 100 rage, so you have say 15 secs window where its lit, then it costs 20 rage to pop and it activates enrage and doubles the uptime, costing say 2 rage per second while its active.

This would make it situationally useful, but not so attractive that you'd stop your rotation just to hit 100 rage.

anyways thats my brainfart