Affliction or destruction pvp?

hi guys. Im dinging 80 on my warlock pretty soon so I was wondering: Which spec is more fun to play?
    I like both tbh. I just can't make a decision between high burst and crits or dot-ing ppl and self healing. Affliction seems kinda boring, but I want your opinion. What do you think I should go for?

---------- Post added 2010-09-18 at 06:29 PM ----------

a reply would help a lot...

BETA CLUB!

hey man,
    i've been playing lock for a long time now. Even on high end PVP
    What i would suggest to you is destro. Definitly when you have just dinged. The thing is, with +- 20k health you are going to be useless.
    In that case destro is far better as affli. Why?
    Just put yourself somewhere safe and destro will deal some decent damage while affli will need atleast 20seconds to get im to low health

In my opinion destro is the BG specc, its bursting power is far better then the survival affli offers.
    I'm not saying affli aint fun, when you have good gear you'll see yourself doing 20-0 just because you cant die.

grtz

Id agree with Destro.
    Affliction is fairly easy, and about the hardest thing to do is micro-manage your pet.
    Destro's survivability is much lower compared to Affliction's life leech, so if you can improve your gameplay around Destro, you can become a great Warlock for both specs.
    'But starting with the easier spec is better, yada yada'
    Some say that, but I believe if you can teach yourself the harder spec, you will become a much better player.

Do you like bursting people to death while you have a pet(void/succubus/felhunter)along with a great stun help you hold your own? Destro is for you.

If you like running around the place with a tank/melee/meatshield in front of you and then doting everything and anything up and watching them die slow horrible deaths while you fear and hold them as well? Go for affliction.

Thats a basic sum up, but you should understand with that. Also don't be a dumbass, if your far away from a large group of allies/hordies and your allies are holding them off, Seed of Corruption their asses, they won't like it a bit. Mirrored mages hate is as well.

Affliction. all the top pvp warlocks and literally ALL of the warlocks above 2400 are Affliction. Affliction takes a lot more finesse and work compared to destro but its just sooo much better.

Quote Originally Posted by lukerocks View Post
    Affliction. all the top pvp warlocks and literally ALL of the warlocks above 2400 are Affliction. Affliction takes a lot more finesse and work compared to destro but its just sooo much better.
    Errr...#1 Warlock in the world atm, is destruction warlock. Around 40% of the warlock above 2400 are destruction. About which one is better: It varies, for some comps destru is better and for the rest affliction is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Raqu View Post
    Errr...#1 Warlock in the world atm, is destruction warlock. Around 40% of the warlock above 2400 are destruction. About which one is better: It varies, for some comps destru is better and for the rest affliction is better.
    This ^.

Personally, I like to bounce back and forth between the two specs whenever I get bored with one of them, but MOST of the time I have more fun as Affliction.

Demon armor, dot everything with corruption and coa or coe,throw a haunt up and watch yourself never die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been trying both on the ptr. The problem is that everyone's dps has become inflated due to the balancing for cata levels and thus pvp is more like vanilla now in that even with resilience its all about 2-3 shotting everyone... So yeah... go with destruction for the burst because right now affliction's self heals and dot damage are falling behind...

As for live, I personally prefer affliction for the survivability but like I mentioned above, that is going away in the pre cata patch unless they do a lot of buffing soon...

15+ Year Old Account
    i find affic is a little easier to play and to get higher up in arena. but destro is more fun imo. as for cata. i was watchin beta stream and affic looked amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellar View Post
    i find affic is a little easier to play and to get higher up in arena. but destro is more fun imo. as for cata. i was watchin beta stream and affic looked amazing.
    Maybe at higher levels of health where burst isn't as potent... Even with that, the nerfed siphon life and bloated tree are handicaps to the spec right now... Soul Swap with the glyph is great though...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorchHellfire View Post
    Maybe at higher levels of health where burst isn't as potent... Even with that, the nerfed siphon life and bloated tree are handicaps to the spec right now... Soul Swap with the glyph is great though...
    from what i saw in cata beta stream, this affic lock had no problem keeping himself up form siphon life and drain life alone. and yea that glyph looks amazing, he wasent even using that glyph aswell

10+ Year Old Account
    i used to destro pvp, now im affliction the only thing is as destro i never feard anyone that much...i didnt need to, they died quickly enough.

wheras with afflcition you need to fear people alot more, and i find it hard to get used to it, although slowly getting there, personally i would go destro for low gear soyou can do damage before you die, then maybe change once you have more gear

I get bored easily with affliction and I don't like to run around doting stuff so I'd say destro. Been playing wow for 5years and I've always been destro, have tried other specs but always wind up going back home

Play whatever you prefer. Both Destro and Affliction are highly viable right now, and both are fun, IMO. I personally enjoy the play-style of Affliction more, but I switch back and forth depending on my mood.

---------- Post added 2010-09-22 at 10:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Supernex View Post
    This ^.

Personally, I like to bounce back and forth between the two specs whenever I get bored with one of them, but MOST of the time I have more fun as Affliction.
    LOL, oops. (I thought I had already posted in this thread...oh well, my bad.)

I will burn your soul.

Deleted
    hard choice, i pvp as affli, and wish i had destros burst. affli has more control though, insta fearbomb, CoEx and fear snare. actually im off to pvp on my lock now after reading this ^ ^

It's definitely a playstyle thing. I love affliction for PvP, but my PvE spec is affliction currently, so in the interest of having something different (instead of an almost identical build with a pve/pvp talent swap in the same tree)... and in the interest of farming old content, I went destro-demo. It's fun, but it lacks the real burst damage of full destro, I can't really speak to that - but I'm darned tough to kill.

What are the main destro/affliction specs for pvp, I am also looking to PvP more on my warlock but having a hard time deciding.. Mainly doing bgs though no arena planned as of yet.

EDIT: Also what glyphs do I use? And with Destro which pet, or is it a matter of playstyle? I know aff uses felhunter
    Last edited by Mega Gengar; 2010-09-23 at 10:30 PM. Reason: blah
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

Destro using felhunter too mainly, for bg-s u can use succubus, but i still prefer felhunter.
    Against meele destro is even better, than afflic - u have aoe stun every 20 sec, and every 10sec daze for 6sec.
    Prefer using shadowflame glyph ( + slow every 15 sec)
    Conflagrate glyph
    and last u can switch between Immolate or Soullink.