Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Single Minded Fury NERF? Wat?

As if SMF was just fucking OP as hell on the Beta...?

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's all still just testing. Everything is subject to change isn't it?

Thinking is hard , amirite?

SMF got nerfed to 15% (-5%)

Dual Wield now gives u 10% damage bonus while dual wielding ( +10% )
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

Perhaps they think it will scale at a higher rate than other specs or even tg.
    http://www.orphanguild.com/ - SWTOR Guild US West Coast PvP

I thibk they're just playing around with it. If it's crap, then they'll change it won't they?

Deleted
    you think so? mhh ...

Deleted
    You think that's bad? My country's parliament is getting swarmed by capitalists and fascists at this moment. SMF will atleast get fixed, buddy!
    Last edited by mmocfcdfd48e5e; 2010-09-19 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hethalion View Post
    You think that's bad? My country's parliament is getting swarmed by capitalists and fascists at this moment. SMF will atleast get fixed, buddy!
    And what's wrong with Fascists?

Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    Thinking is hard , amirite?

SMF got nerfed to 15% (-5%)

Dual Wield now gives u 10% damage bonus while dual wielding ( +10% )
    And yet TG had it's damage penalty removed. While this may simply be a buff to TG, and not a nerf to SMF, the two are supposed to be equal, so that warriors pick their own playstyle, not whichever is better. As it is, with the 10% dual wield buff you spoke of, SMF get's +25% damage, and TG gets +20% damage. Which, if you just look at that, SMF would be better. However, you have to take into account the difference in damage that one handers and two handers do.

If [Generic One Hand Weapon] does 600-900 damage, and [Generic Two Hand Weapon] does 1100-1500 damage (Clearly pulling numbers out my ass, for all the retards who will jump me for this), Then with SMF, GOHW would do 750-1125 damage, while TG would make GTHW do 1320 - 1800 damage. I realize you have to take into account weapon speed, and Attack Power and stuff, but unless something changes from now to Cataclysm, 2her base dps is generally higher than 1her base dps. As such, TG will clearly pull ahead of SMF very fast.

I run a one hand fury spec on Live. 21 points in Arms, and 50 points in fury. I hopped over to the PTR to test SMF where it's actually sanctioned, and I do 3-4k less dps in heroics with the SMF spec than my gimmick spec on Live. Surely something is wrong, even past the whole 'ong, numbers aren't tuned! It's PTR! It'll be fixed, blah blah!'

The point is, when I can out dps SMF on the PTR with a gimmick spec on Live, SMF should be getting buffed if anything.

If you are interested in my spec or whatever, Armory Midgetizer, on the Icecrown server. Generally I'm logged out in my Fury set, but I may be in my tank set. /shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Midgetizer View Post
    And yet TG had it's damage penalty removed. While this may simply be a buff to TG, and not a nerf to SMF, the two are supposed to be equal, so that warriors pick their own playstyle, not whichever is better. As it is, with the 10% dual wield buff you spoke of, SMF get's +25% damage, and TG gets +20% damage. Which, if you just look at that, SMF would be better. However, you have to take into account the difference in damage that one handers and two handers do.

If [Generic One Hand Weapon] does 600-900 damage, and [Generic Two Hand Weapon] does 1100-1500 damage (Clearly pulling numbers out my ass, for all the retards who will jump me for this), Then with SMF, GOHW would do 750-1125 damage, while TG would make GTHW do 1320 - 1800 damage. I realize you have to take into account weapon speed, and Attack Power and stuff, but unless something changes from now to Cataclysm, 2her base dps is generally higher than 1her base dps. As such, TG will clearly pull ahead of SMF very fast.

I run a one hand fury spec on Live. 21 points in Arms, and 50 points in fury. I hopped over to the PTR to test SMF where it's actually sanctioned, and I do 3-4k less dps in heroics with the SMF spec than my gimmick spec on Live. Surely something is wrong, even past the whole 'ong, numbers aren't tuned! It's PTR! It'll be fixed, blah blah!'

The point is, when I can out dps SMF on the PTR with a gimmick spec on Live, SMF should be getting buffed if anything.

If you are interested in my spec or whatever, Armory Midgetizer, on the Icecrown server. Generally I'm logged out in my Fury set, but I may be in my tank set. /shrug

sounds really really interesting, i like alternative speccs. how much dps u do? icc, hcs and i dunno.. toc?

Quote Originally Posted by maxtor View Post
    sounds really really interesting, i like alternative speccs. how much dps u do? icc, hcs and i dunno.. toc?
    in heroics, I do anywhere from 4-6k dps, and ICC generally caps around 8.5k dps (+30% buff, obviously.) My guild doesn't do ToC anymore, and I dislike pugging. I did, however, go into a rep run the other day,and ended up out dpsing everyone there by at least 2k, barring the shadow priest who did a mere 100-ish dps less. I capped at a little over 10k dps, but that was on trash packs. With the Glyph of Sweeping Strikes, my Sweeping Strikes cost nothing, so I have it bound to every other ability I use so it's activated whenever possible. Aside from some Seed of Corruption based spec I saw for warlocks, I would not be surprised if I some of the most potent aoes in the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    And what's wrong with Fascists?
    HAHAHA!! Took some time but ICWUTUDIDTHAR!

Deleted
    My god, will the QQ ever stop? You call "omg nerfs" even before it's been released.

Also "nerf" is a stupid term. Blizzard try to balance the game and change whichever values they believe need to be changed. If they increase your numbers, then you were too weak. If they decrease them, then you were too strong. Whichever the case it's a good reason. You may discuss what the change means, but bitching around about it is just stupid.

And Hethalion, read this. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean it's wrong.
    Last edited by mmoc0a04ed3db8; 2010-09-19 at 10:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    SMF was stomping fury now they are about even in similar gear. This was a blance fix. until we see buffed dps number from all specs in a raid environment boss every single number you see coming out of the beta atm be it self buffed dps or group buffed is completely irrelevant.

I think the idea is that, we will probably be switching back and forth between Titans Grip and Single Minded Fury, depending on which upgrades we get first.

Quote Originally Posted by Midgetizer View Post
    in heroics, I do anywhere from 4-6k dps, and ICC generally caps around 8.5k dps (+30% buff, obviously.) My guild doesn't do ToC anymore, and I dislike pugging. I did, however, go into a rep run the other day,and ended up out dpsing everyone there by at least 2k, barring the shadow priest who did a mere 100-ish dps less. I capped at a little over 10k dps, but that was on trash packs. With the Glyph of Sweeping Strikes, my Sweeping Strikes cost nothing, so I have it bound to every other ability I use so it's activated whenever possible. Aside from some Seed of Corruption based spec I saw for warlocks, I would not be surprised if I some of the most potent aoes in the game.
    are you suggesting that 1 handed fury on live has better aoe than TG?

Quote Originally Posted by nitrizzle View Post
    are you suggesting that 1 handed fury on live has better aoe than TG?
    I think he's saying that sweeping strikes will net more aoe dps than TG, but I am not sure.

Yeah, it seems like we will have another 4 years of hell.

Hooray...
    Last edited by Necronium; 2010-09-20 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Failing to answer in quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    Seriously this. I'm a high-speed, low-drag, supah-healah. Doling out the feel-goods LIKE A BAWS, keeping everyone shiny, happy and cool. Staying on top of my game, even in a combat situati....THERE'S THAT DAMN GROUNDHOG AGAIN!!!

10+ Year Old Account

math fail ??

Or i or some ppl here cant count.......
    And yet TG had it's damage penalty removed. While this may simply be a buff to TG, and not a nerf to SMF, the two are supposed to be equal, so that warriors pick their own playstyle, not whichever is better. As it is, with the 10% dual wield buff you spoke of, SMF get's +25% damage, and TG gets +20% damage.

Now. EEEEE how 2 fk you figured this out ??
    SMF: 10% from zerk + 10% from DW + 15% = 35% ??
    TG = 20%
    So or im blind or SMF is 15% more over tg + more stable rage gen. And i think Haste will be better for SMF to than TG.

Deleted
    Sigh...

5,7% and people freak out, thinking it's the end of the world. Learn2politics.