Thread: Worgen Mounts

Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Worgen Mounts "cancelled", 4.0.1 Pre-Download Stage 2

Running Wild - No Worgen Mounts
    This is now official, Worgens won't get their own mounts, they will get a mount racial spell instead.
    • Running Wild - Drop to all fours to run as fast as a wild animal.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    Running Wild is indeed the new racial "mount" for worgen. Functionally the ability works exactly like a mount. This does mean the worgen are not bringing faction mounts to the table which other Alliance races can access. This is also of course very different from the original Plainsrunning implemented for taurens. We have no plans to try and bring that ability back in any form.

Ultimately, we feel Running Wild fits very well with the nature of the worgen race. Rather than getting a physical mount, they get down and sprint on all fours. When you're playing a worgen, it just feels awesome.

2nd part of Patch 4.0.1 on Background Downloader
    The 2nd part of Patch 4.0.1 is now available on the Background Downloader, things are looking a little better today for weird people who think that Cataclysm will be released on November 2.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Shame tauren don't get their ability back

the patch seems to be coming very fast, lets hope it hits live in 2 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by shakeme View Post
    Shame tauren don't get their ability back
    It makes a bit more sense with agile wolves though.

Also apparently it's gonna take me 40 hours to download part 2...i assume this is most likely due to blizzards download servers getting slammed.

sounds great....lucky alliance!!

but I stay horde ofc :-) too bad the taurens didnt had this ability in 2005 :/

Deleted
    Awe.. wait for it, wait for it... some!

Mine has said 40+ hrs remaining for about 3 hours now(I think).
    Cant for the life of me figure out why I am only DLing at 35kb/s, I PAY EXTRA FOR FAST INTERMAWEBS!

That just made my day, that's WAAY to awesome!

Screw if we get less mounts, all hail the four legged!

10+ Year Old Account
    niiice

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, and here I was thinking I couldn't possibly be MORE excited for Worgen!

Deleted
    This implies that the Horde get more Mounts total - and therefore will get the 150-Mounts-Achievement much faster *cry*

Quote Originally Posted by Starsack View Post
    Mine has said 40+ hrs remaining for about 3 hours now(I think).
    Cant for the life of me figure out why I am only DLing at 35kb/s, I PAY EXTRA FOR FAST INTERMAWEBS!
    I think the backround downloader has a speed limit because well, it's a BACKROUND downloader, not supposed to be fast... I guess. Since mine is going equally slow. lol
    This makes me grr. ;D

15+ Year Old Account
    Nice, I'm pretty sure blizz will compensate for the alliance in some for a special mount for them.

How exactly is it different from plainsrunning?

it takes me only 17 hours.....woei

Heh, four and a half gigabyte - thats some patch

Well that sucks.

geif me mai pig mount blizz!

FFFUUUU!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey mods: What does my opinion have to do with whining? I haven't been crying about it, just think they should get mounts to.

Others have said worse then I have, yet I seen no edits to their comments. Worgen need mounts, that's something many of us look forward to gaining rep then buying their mount to haul around and show it off. This way none of us will be able to do that.
    Last edited by Tanfastic; 2010-09-19 at 04:31 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just another awesome reason to roll or racechange to a Worgen! Fucking awesome!

Mind you they'll still be able to ride everyone elses mounts and the flying ones. Though really, Worgen don't fit on any mounts other then flying ones. Doesn't make sense with ground mounts. Would look terrible too.