Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

US First Strict 10 man HLK

Vortex got US first and World 2nd Strict 10 Heroic Lich King tonight. It's a legitimate US first.

http://www.wowarmory.com/guild-info....lyon&gn=Vortex

Troll Away

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/s5jpkbbpck2w51lp/

A log for anyone who would like to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnMOVMFxVHw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FjDGKGlqp4

Videos from a Demo warlock POV.
    Last edited by Rolard; 2010-09-21 at 05:36 PM. Reason: added duh log and video.

10+ Year Old Account
    what makes it so "strict"

They only have gear they can get from 10 man equipped (264's max, no Shadowmournes)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldjman View Post
    Warriors viable in multiple comps? lolno. Any high rated warrior falls under the following;
    1) wintraded.
    2) very high mmr at the start of the season, so they fought their way to glad at 5 am vs 2k teams.
    3) has their connections from previous seasons carry their class.
    Also, we most certainly weren't the most op in S9. Dk's were a better warrior in every aspect. Thanks for trying though.

They don't use gear that requires access to 25-mans

Edit: Congratulations to them
    Resto Druids, the best health care system

Gratz, 10man strict is a good challenge, especially for HLK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

It's strict because none of the raid is wearing gear obtainable in ICC25. Very nicely done. A difficult fight, even to a certain degree when overgeared. When done with just 10man gear, it's pretty brutal.

Congrats, well deserved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now do it with 10 man gear AND no buff.

Quote Originally Posted by zoma View Post
    Now do it with 10 man gear AND no buff.
    You first.

i wonder whats harder between 9manning hlk (selling tittle and making the 10th die so he doesnt fuck up) and strick 10man hlk. guess the tanks gets hit harder (tho theres is a bunch of bis that is 264) and healer heal less, but still losing 10-12k dps for the whole fight. so does going from 264 to 277 a 2k dps upgrade (assuming bringing 6dps)

If its without the buff then grats, thats pretty impressive, but if its with it its kinda meh imo

Quote Originally Posted by Lopiak View Post
    If its without the buff then grats, thats pretty impressive, but if its with it its kinda meh imo
    lets see your H LK kills.

Strict 10 man basically means we have under 8 people who have killed marrowgar on 25. We have 3 people who have done 25's at least once. However the only person with actual 25 man gear is our boomkin, but he only has boots from 25 which are basically equal to the leather ones of LDW.

So we only did it with 264 gear. It's a challenge. Should we have had it sooner? Probably. But regardless, it was gratifying. Big congrats goes to every member of the guild who put in attempts and time on it, especially the ones who volunteered to sit for the kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    You first.
    Out of bank room, can't fit any 10 man gear.

OT: Just realized, there is an achieve for doing Uld 10 and ToC 10 in raid appropriate gear, but not 1 for Icc 10. Odd.
    (cbf looking it up, but think achieves are "Herald of the Titans" and "Tribute to Dedicated Insanity")

lets see your H LK kills
    I dont have them, and im not saying that its not amazing, although Id imagine the difference between ICC 25 gear and a 30% buff wouldnt be that different. Specifically H LK on 10 man was defeated before the buff was out but in 25 gear, so while yes it is a very skilled thing to do, It isnt quite amazing as I thought it would have been from reading the tile being that I generally enjoy seeing 10 strict videos & guilds succeed

OT: Just realized, there is an achieve for doing Uld 10 and ToC 10 in raid appropriate gear, but not 1 for Icc 10. Odd.
    (cbf looking it up, but think achieves are "Herald of the Titans" and "Tribute to Dedicated Insanity")
    Yeah I was disappointed they never had one
    Last edited by Lopiak; 2010-09-20 at 03:24 AM. Reason: Replying to Zoma

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Congratulations !!!!

props to doing that fight without all the gear advantages

people dont realise how hard it actually is , No DBW , TIAJ or any of the other insane dps increase trinkets in ICC25.

Deleted
    Congratulations Vortex. I know first hand how hard that fight is for a strict guild, big thumbs up for keep pushing forward. I felt for you when you had your 12% (=2%) wipe a few weeks ago.
    - Gnuss, The Typhoon Struggle

I tip my hat to them and congratulate them

10+ Year Old Account
    Congratulations! Truly an awesome achievement. Now y'all can have a nice rest 'till Cataclysm and then ten-man raiding becomes even more viable! Yay!

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

I should have videos up sometime tomorrow for any naysayers out there.