Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaerix View Post
    He said DAMAGE button. Last time I checked, taunts aren't in the normal rotation for a DPS. Meanwhile, if a DPS actually does hit a wrong damage button, nothing bad happens. At worst, they lose a small portion of DPS for a few seconds or blow a cd at the wrong time. If a healer hits a small heal instead of a big heal, or a big heal too late, the tank gets flattened and either you wipe or the off tank picks it up after a few dps and healers have already been killed and you wipe anyway.
    No, a taunt is not in a DPS rotation. But, with keybinds or even clickers, if you have, for example dark command, hot keyed next to AMS, it would be easy to press/click it on accident. I could easily have done what you did. "What if the off tank taunts..." Try harder with your arguements next time, kid.

Quote Originally Posted by doomsjay View Post
    I agree that healing should be challenging and that we should be forced to make decisions in the game. I like using 14 different abilities on my holy priest in an encounter.

If you don't like the new changes Blizzard is sending our way, then go back to playing Hello Kitty Adventure Island!

Using 5 Macros with different Icons for the same ability doesnt count as a new one.

i simply love the rogue set, makes me wanna continue playing my class =D (seriouslah)

Druid shoulders look kind of like Northrend green/blue leather.

Druid shoulders look kind of like Northrend green/blue leather.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiky View Post
    1st If u missclick on healing u totally fail, healing atm only needs 1-2 buttons.
    Comedy!

2nd If u press the wrong heal the tank will just use a deffensive cooldown and u can make up for the error that u made (not that big of a deal)
    Which the tank will instinctively just do in the instant you make a mistake!

3rd A dps like a dk might need to taunt something with deathgrip in the middle of the fight and instead he might taunt the boss gg wipe
    Wow, he has to do something *out of the ordinary* *once* where he has to *specifically* target something else and he dies if he *fails* to something as *simple* as switching targets? That's so hard! Healers have you ever felt this kind of pressure and advanced game play?!

Dearest Shiky, please do never comment on a role you don't understand. It's for the sake of humanity, there's too much stupidity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Healing (I strongly suggest reading the whole post about healers)
    I think it will be really hard to find ppl that are willing and capable of healing 5 man hc's and raids. I know a lot of healers and at least half of them are gonna switch to dps because they can't grasp the concept of the new healing. Also, I know a lot of dps and tanks that will just stick with their role. I know I know it's not a scientific research, but still, you cannot deny what someone called the 'gut feeling' of the community. GC is just not really giving the answers we want to hear.

And the most important thing Blizz needs to fix is ofcourse the : "OMG hEaL me!!!" "Get out of the fire/cleave/tailsweep/darkstuff under your feet/etc.) then" "WTF I died YoU SucK HEALEer!!" and then get votekicked by a 15 year old nab :-/
    Last edited by mmoc1fedf25cb9; 2010-09-22 at 09:44 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogrim View Post
    Comedy!
    Nice reply you did there, like it isnt true...

If he is dieing i dont see why he shouldnt use a deffensive cooldown, its not like he will be 1 shotted and needs 0.000001 reaction times to use a cd when his below 50% hp or smth.

Wow, he has to do something *out of the ordinary* *once* where he has to *specifically* target something else and he dies if he *fails* to something as *simple* as switching targets? That's so hard! Healers have you ever felt this kind of pressure and advanced game play?!
    Like I said on my other post that isnt what a dps needs to worry about diffrent bosses diffrent mechanics. Furthermore you say that you might missclick a heal and (in your view) its a big deal and then say whats so hard about tab taunt? Please...

Dearest Shiky, please do never comment on a role you don't understand. It's for the sake of humanity, there's too much stupidity.
    Actually I have played all roles tanking,dps and healing at end game in WOTLK so dont talk about healing being hard when all you/we do atm is look at green bars and fire on the floor.

---------- Post added 2010-09-22 at 05:42 PM ----------

Comedy!
    Nice reply you did there, like it isnt true...

If he is dieing i dont see why he shouldnt use a deffensive cooldown, its not like he will be 1 shotted and needs 0.000001 reaction times to use a cd when his below 50% hp or smth, plus there are more healers in a raid then just you.

Like I said on my other post that isnt what a dps needs to worry about diffrent bosses diffrent mechanics. Furthermore you say that you might missclick a heal and (in your view) its a big deal and then say whats so hard about tab taunt? Please...

Actually I have played all roles tanking,dps and healing at end game in WOTLK so dont talk about healing being hard when all you/we do atm is look at green bars and fire on the floor.

The rogue set is disgusting, looks terrible. I love my tier 10, with the exception of the head. From these sweet ass spikey shoulders to that crap that looks like it should be on a caster/shammy, I'll pass. Please make me something that feels like I'm going to go stab some people.

Deleted
    Hopefully the Cataclysm armour sets are more like Teir 3, some lovely pieces there and all classes look great.

If he is dieing i dont see why he shouldnt use a deffensive cooldown, its not like he will be 1 shotted and needs 0.000001 reaction times to use a cd when his below 50% hp or smth.
    You have never EVER raided a hard-mode before. There are some boss abilities which push the tank's health so much that if the healers make one mistake, the tank dies. It can happen in such a short time that the tank won't even get the opportunity to react with a defensive cooldown. In many of these cases, the tank may already be using that defensive cooldown.

In these situations, if a damage dealer messes a bit up in their rotation it will only result in a loss of DPS. In a healer's case, it will lead to a wipe.
    The point is that your mistake has to be literally retarded such as making the boss actually go out of its way to crush you to die as a DPS. And even if that's the case, it doesn't necessarily lead to a wipe and you may even survive if the tank is quick enough to register your incredibly stupid mistake. The only pressure you are *ever* going to get as DPS is in a DPS race which by the way is the easiest type of encounter ("burn phase").

Stop. commenting. on. healing.
    Last edited by Bogrim; 2010-09-24 at 01:27 AM.

Protector of the Innocent is now a Tier 1 Holy Talent and has been revamped - Casting a targeted heal on any target, including yourself, also heals you for 1240.83 to 1427.62. (Multi ranks, but currently all with the same value)

wat