Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Yogg +1 Question

Is it possible to change the keeper who is assisting you after you initially pick one? Would a soft reset work?

We picked Thorim but are now thinking that Freya might have been the better option.

Deleted
    Just give it some more practice - Freya doesn't really do much at all once you're used to the fight, while skipping Thorim would require some pretty substantial changes in tactics (unless it's actually brute-forceable with 277 gear? not sure) - i.e. you might as well go for yogg+0 if you go without him.

Quote Originally Posted by Alacia View Post
    Just give it some more practice - Freya doesn't really do much at all once you're used to the fight, while skipping Thorim would require some pretty substantial changes in tactics (unless it's actually brute-forceable with 277 gear? not sure) - i.e. you might as well go for yogg+0 if you go without him.
    Thanks. Yeah that's what we figured. With the 15 min enrage we have all the time in the world but the insanity was causing problems. The raid was made up of all people in 264 with some 277 gear so without worrying about insanity we figured that in phase 3 the tanks should be able to withstand a few guardians with the healers keeping them up and the DPS burning down the brain very quickly.

Well if not we'll keep trying with Thorim, was wondering though

You just have to be more careful with your sanity, Thorim is definitely the way to go. Like Alacia said, you may as well be doing Yogg+0 without Thorim. And no, even with a soft reset, you can't change your keepers around. You'd have to fully clear the instance again next week to switch keepers.

Thorim make the last phase much much easier. It kills adds when they get low on health. Freya gives u +healing or + health I think and sanity well. with the gear ppl now have, the + buff (heal or health) inst needed and the sanity well is something that no one sholud use in that fight useless they are clueless. Melee only have to go on brain room 2-3 times max and should have at least 50 sanity on third phase. Put melee on adds and casters always on boss.
    If you choose Freya unless you will get overrun by adds, unless you have someone taunting the one that has the yogg beacon.

What is your problem with sanity? The people in brain room? Make them face away the skulls. People outside? Stop chaining malady ( move away asap from the feared person ) and you will need a dispell bot, because all those poisons are taking out alot sanity, shaman is very helpfull here.
    And having thorim down is the best choice for yogg+1

Deleted
    Sad that people can get 277 gear who aren't able to watch for something trivial as sanity.

Just do yog0 and get your mimis head, its faceroll these days with gear.

We went with Freya since the adds at the end weren't much of a problem for the tank and a pally healer. The Boss's HP dropped rather quickly with hero and CDs in p3. Just take it easy up until that point and try to enter p3 with ppl refreshed on Sanity if poss so you can just stand and pewpew.

I've run with Thorim down too and tbh it wasn't massively easier, it purely depends on the people in the group, but in 264 gear its all just zergable anyway so go +0 imo.

Firstly, i had this same question about 2 weeks ago when my guild started attempts on yogg, i was worried that sanity would be a problem.

first of all doing it without thorim or with freya in his place is a waste of time, sanity can be easily managed with practice so having wells and no assistance from thorim is a much worse strat.

the thing you need to watch is (malady of the mind), if someone has this make sure you isolate them, as in call it and tell your raid to move away from this person, secondly make sure disspells and decurses are done right throught out phase 2, these 2 things can reduce sanity lots and if you can manage these you are set with the group on the outside.

with the group that is on the brain it is possible to get him in 1 attempt tho most of the time we managed it in 2 or even 3 goes, even still it is still possible to get yogg, it just makes it harder with the overall loss in sanity, from malady and the debuffs from curruptors.

All i can say is keep practicing, this fight may be old but it is still hard even with the gear that is around at the moment.

As of today we now have yogg + 1 down, just keep it up, yell in vent if you have to to get people motivated, dun start to think it's not possible!

Quote Originally Posted by stf2 View Post
    Sad that people can get 277 gear who aren't able to watch for something trivial as sanity.
    More like sad that people have nothing better to do than put others down. We only spent about 45 minutes on Yogg before the raid ended and we extended. In the same lockout we did every other hardmode for our drake as well as Algalon in the second ever attempt before trying a few attempts on Yogg right at the end when people were tired. I have no doubt we could spend a whole night to do Yogg zero but we just want our mounts the easiest possible way hence this thread.

Thanks to everyone else who had something helpful to add.

---------- Post added 2010-09-20 at 06:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nemisis View Post
    Firstly, i had this same question about 2 weeks ago when my guild started attempts on yogg, i was worried that sanity would be a problem.

first of all doing it without thorim or with freya in his place is a waste of time, sanity can be easily managed with practice so having wells and no assistance from thorim is a much worse strat.

the thing you need to watch is (malady of the mind), if someone has this make sure you isolate them, as in call it and tell your raid to move away from this person, secondly make sure disspells and decurses are done right throught out phase 2, these 2 things can reduce sanity lots and if you can manage these you are set with the group on the outside.

with the group that is on the brain it is possible to get him in 1 attempt tho most of the time we managed it in 2 or even 3 goes, even still it is still possible to get yogg, it just makes it harder with the overall loss in sanity, from malady and the debuffs from curruptors.

All i can say is keep practicing, this fight may be old but it is still hard even with the gear that is around at the moment.

As of today we now have yogg + 1 down, just keep it up, yell in vent if you have to to get people motivated, dun start to think it's not possible!
    Very, very helpful post. Thanks, will let others know this info.

Deleted
    You want to keep Thorium, Freya REALLY isnt needed once your raid learns how to play it safe at P3 if they are low on insanity.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    People have answered your "which keeper" question, so I'll just skip that and go with the "is it possible to change keepers": no. Once selected, that's it. Reclear ftw.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thorim makes the fight easy - much easier than Freya. You should be doing the brain in two phases so sanity should not be an issue.

If you can get to the last phase with everyone with a reasonable amount of sanity (40+) you might as well go for Yogg 0 which is now zergable, and you get a nice mount out of it

He gives up at about 2%
    Last edited by Daedelus; 2010-09-24 at 04:31 PM.

Tried to pug 10man Algalon on an alt, Warrior in 264/277 and skillmourne never been able to enter in time in the portal to avoid the big bang, or died after of Cosmic Smash.

Was prolly busy flexing his e-peen.

More on topic, you need Thorim for P3, keep him, tell people to stop sucking and face away the ''skulls'' when they go down in the brain room, if they can't something simple as that, they don't deserve the drake.

And you can't change keepers, need to reclear anyway, even a GM ticket won't do. My guild tried it when we did the ''kill 9 keepers in 12 seconds'' or something achievement on Yogg P1, then reset it and switch keepers out for the Mimiron head we were farming, but never worked, even with a GM ticket.
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2010-09-24 at 04:42 PM.

A good player needs 1 sanity at the start of phase 3 to ends it without going insane...
    freya is technically useless

This

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anthell View Post
    A good player needs 1 sanity at the start of phase 3 to ends it without going insane...
    freya is technically useless
    And do significantly less DPS then others as Lunatic Gaze has low cooldown but Yogg can go up to 20sec without casting it again after it's off CD.

interesting... it never happen to me lol, he practically cast it within a sec or 2 after its off cd..

but in anycase, there are shit ton of ways to "cleave" yogg without ever facing him, or you can dps the adds if he is indeed bugged as you said

go freya

Quote Originally Posted by Racetrack View Post
    Thanks. Yeah that's what we figured. With the 15 min enrage we have all the time in the world but the insanity was causing problems. The raid was made up of all people in 264 with some 277 gear so without worrying about insanity we figured that in phase 3 the tanks should be able to withstand a few guardians with the healers keeping them up and the DPS burning down the brain very quickly.

Well if not we'll keep trying with Thorim, was wondering though

Personally, I prefer Freya over Thorim. Thorim requires perfectioning from everyone in terms of sanity and special care with malody and brain link. If you have people that have done yogg before, and have a lot of experience with him, sure, go for it and go +1 with Thorim.

I went with Thorim many times and we had endless nights of wiping there, since none of us had killed him before in normal before and we were just there for the drake, and we went to p3, but messy many times, with one ocasional MC here and there.

Then we switched to Freya.

Freya was a relief! +20% healing, and a substancial dps increase, mainly because you can ALWAYS go 100% sanity when you go inside portals, and be clumsy with the skulls, that is, you can face them without so much concern for sanity, burn tentacles and rush it through being completly careless if you want, with a lot of zerg. The tentacles outside will be stunned faster, allowing more time to burn them outside pain free, and more time inside to burn him down to 30%.

This will make sure everything will be cleared outside and the brain will be burned rather fast also. The team outside will have a short time to take a breath and restart with the madness until the tentacles are stunned again. just remember not to push into p3 with tentacles up, you want to make sure to have yogg at 35% or so and stop dps until all tentacles are cleared, and then push.

In our kill, 2 portals and we went to p3. p3 pop hero if you have, zerg boss, at 1M left, have someone to call it ("1 million left") have tank pop ALL his cds and if you have pain suppression or guardian spirit with you, have it thrown when the tanks cds are ending. 1M will be fast to burn, around 15-20 seconds. in the end the tank will have around 8 adds on him, by this time yogg will be close to death or dead.

Our setup was 1 tank, 3 healers, 7 dps, and no heroism available. p3 done in around 1 minute and some seconds, completly zerged down. also, if it helps, we took 2 locks, spriest and a healer in portals, and they just went together and all dotted each tentacle non stop, just running.

average ilevel of the raid was from 251 to 264, 1-2 max 277 in like 3-4 ppl, rest normal geared from icc.

if you want an example of it (not our guild), go on youtube /watch?v=e99QEgV64Yg. (can't put normal link >_<)
    good luck!