Cata Shadowform looks different?

It seems to me that the Cataclysm Shadowform is brighter and that your gear is more visible than on live.

Is this true? I can be mistaken.

Not as far as I can see. It looks entirely normal to me whenever I play on my Priest. Maybe it's just the gear that seems brighter?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    It seems to me that the Cataclysm Shadowform is brighter and that your gear is more visible than on live.

Is this true? I can be mistaken.
    After 5 minutes of looking, I can say it is the same animation. You get brighter if you target yourself, but that has been with us for quite some time. Shadowform does have a new sound when used though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harb View Post
    You get brighter if you target yourself, but that has been with us for quite some time.
    This. It also seems our Shadowy Apparitions have this effect as well, as though they would always be targeted.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the new sound effect for it.

But doesn't look new to me.
    I reported lamb of log twice, once for having a slow car and once for trolling.

Also if you're playing on beta/ptr your video settings might be different from live?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    This. It also seems our Shadowy Apparitions have this effect as well, as though they would always be targeted.
    Since the last Beta build, when a Shadowy Apparition is spawned, he "starts" without Shadowform, just like a player and after 0,5 sec - 1 sec the Apparition assumes Shadowform (I think there is no sound when he does) and keeps walking.
    They also tend to vanish when you leave the combat, preventing any unnatural stacking.