Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I am pretty sure that they increased the drop rate to make up for the fact it can't be farmed anymore, atleast I hope they did. For those of you who are wondering why this change was made i'll pass on a story I heard concerning holiday farming.
    A tank got a group together to farming the Horseman's mount. They all got there and he set up the order of the summonings. Everything went as normal but after 4 summons there was no mount. At this point the tank drops. This type of ninja is the reason they changed to the bag system. Keeps everything even and you don't have to deal with idiots conning you.

Deleted
    5 80s. Got 1 mount out of those 5 runs yesterday. A ram. So drop chances dont look too bad indeed. Just annoying I got the ram on the wrong char >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    6 level 80s.. been doing it for 3 days now.. 18 times and only got the Transport item..
    "When there is an evil justice cannot defeat, what would you do? Would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you carry out your own justice and succumb to that evil?". - Code Geass

Also, here is a link to my Döppelganger ^_^

I can't trade the mount this year ?

Last year i farmed it everyday, and i made thousands of gold selling the mounts when I won it effective and fast way to make gold (One guy payed 2000 gold for the ram)
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Quote Originally Posted by Kiea View Post
    I can't trade the mount this year ?

Last year i farmed it everyday, and i made thousands of gold selling the mounts when I won it effective and fast way to make gold (One guy payed 2000 gold for the ram)
    rofl... I'd pay 5k for ram on my DK

Signature made by a brilliant and hyper-talented artist Sokogeka

2 Kodos today (1 being on my main that had it) 1 ram, 1 BoE mace, and 1 of the daggers in the bag. Drop rate at least seems to be improved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still hoping to get the ram or the kodo
    And lets hope for promising drops from HH this year
    "Don’t focus on the one guy who hates you. You don’t go to the park and set your picnic down next to the only pile of dog shit."

I hate this event. 1 year ago I managed to get a Kodo, but getting a ram seems close to impossible to me. I didn't even see it.

Got the kodo first run on my shaman-main brewfest 2010 ...
    Got the kodo first run on my paladin-alt brewfest 2010 ...
    Got the ram first run on my hunter-alt brewfest 2010 ...

OMGGASM or what... i think god feels sad for me not getting any mount the years before.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston View Post
    rofl... I'd pay 5k for ram on my DK
    I'd easily pay 10K on my warrior... not like there's much else to spend gold on nowadays, or any hard to earn more. Spent 3K gold on a BoE 264 sometimes, a couple of days or so, after last reset and I now have more than before I bought it. And I barely play nowadays. If I really went in for it, earning 10K would've taken less than a week. Hell, I'd pay 10K for the kodo even, just because the color scheme is the best of all the kodos out there.

Anyways, got two tankards today. Woho, 600G in if I'm lucky. Now gimme the mounts. Mountsmountsmounts. Although, gimme the Zulian tiger next reset and I won't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ipresskeys View Post
    What huh? Dont they drop from him anymore?
    We are talking about the brewfest boss in BRD right?
    All holiday bosses are going to be like this, starting with Ahune this year. All rare loot will be dropping from bags you loot off of the boss, so you are not competing against anyone else, but at the same time you cant *farm* them, like you could before. It's 1 bag per day.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    All holiday bosses are going to be like this, starting with Ahune this year. All rare loot will be dropping from bags you loot off of the boss, so you are not competing against anyone else, but at the same time you cant *farm* them, like you could before. It's 1 bag per day.
    Wasn the SFK boss the first to use LFD tool?

I want my HH and Pink Rocket

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artemisthemp View Post
    Wasn the SFK boss the first to use LFD tool?

I want my HH and Pink Rocket
    Yep, it was the first to use the LFG tool, but it didn't drop the loot bags like all the other bosses will from now on. You still had to roll on the pet, for example, and you could farm it with willing friends.

EDIT: Actually I'm wrong. Ahune WAS the first.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    did it once with 7 chars. 1 kodo and 1 ram on never played chars. on one of them i got the kodo, the boe mace and the port device all in one bag.

never done the boss since then. my main has all 3 brewfest mount a few years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    EDIT: Actually I'm wrong. Ahune WAS the first.
    yep QFT

Signature made by a brilliant and hyper-talented artist Sokogeka

Yeah, I've had to tell several ppl that you can't farm for that stuff any more, just the ilvl 200 trinkets. Ofcourse of them get angry try to tell me off for being a nub but this isn't the first boss under this new system. Works just like the Frost Lord, u got the pet in your bag not off the boss. Farmed this last year on my two toons who were 80 at the time and got nothing. So far this year I got the Remote on my Hunter the first night and the Ram mount on my DK. Really want Remote on my DK since he can farm MC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't care less about the mount, actually I wouldn't mind a brewfest ram (even tho im an ally and I already have every Ironforge Ram, Theres something about this ram that I like. I mainly want the teleport thing tho. Then I can tele back each hour and Transform into a Dwarf when my transformation runs out. (Until I can actually get to race change into a dwarf)

15+ Year Old Account
    In less than 12 hours between 1 reset and another, my pally priest hunter got a ram, lock got ram which she already knew, and my mage got the kodo. Im hoping my lock gets the kodo before the holiday goes away since she is my main.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shokzman View Post
    Couldn't care less about the mount, actually I wouldn't mind a brewfest ram (even tho im an ally and I already have every Ironforge Ram, Theres something about this ram that I like. I mainly want the teleport thing tho. Then I can tele back each hour and Transform into a Dwarf when my transformation runs out. (Until I can actually get to race change into a dwarf)
    Clearly a man of taste and class.

I got the ram yesterday and the kodo today