Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    i don't mind the theme, but i think the CURRENT texture look to druidismic (it's the English language, i can do that). like it's made of wood and hemp or something. if they want and ethereal theme (which would be pretty cool) they need to stick with it.

druid tier tends to have a wood/fur/bird element to it in coloration and textures, if you saw the concept art of the hunter and warrior, they are hardly ethereal at all, but more elemental/animal in their components.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riboflavin View Post
    druid tier tends to have a wood/fur/bird element to it in coloration and textures, if you saw the concept art of the hunter and warrior, they are hardly ethereal at all, but more elemental/animal in their components.
    Ethereals are known as Thiefs, also Rogues. The theme fits the Rogue class well.

If Warhammer Online wasn't just a terribly boring and shallow MMO I would've kept playing it SIMPLY cos of the thematic artwork (no anachronisms and modern elements in it -- it's very professional), awesomely appropriate gear designs and awesome looking mounts.

... Sadly, as it is in real life, the graphics were good but the gameplay sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by s1ppr View Post
    Ethereals are known as Thiefs, also Rogues. The theme fits the Rogue class well.
    From Wowwiki:
    Treading the chaotic spaces between worlds, the ethereals are astral travelers who dwell within the Twisting Nether. They are known to be collectors and traders of arcane items and artifacts.The ethereals are driven by trade and economics, and accordingly their political structures are centered around trade princes and political "companies." The ethereal faction called The Consortium, which players can gain reputation with, is one of these. The ethereals that currently control the Mana Tombs in Auchindoun led by Nexus-Prince Shaffar are another of these "political companies." The Ethereum is a radical militant organization that attempts to avenge the destruction of the ethereal homeworld by void creatures. The Protectorate attempts to thwart the void and protect neutral races from the Ethereum's attacks.

The ethereals are similar to goblins, in the way their political systems work, and like the goblins the ethereals will support anyone who would further their profits, and oppose anyone who dares interfere with their plans. The Ethereals also share in the goblins' propensity for technology, though their technology appears to be far more powerful and otherworldly. Ethereals possess everything from the familiar, such as transporters, to the radical, such as their eco-domes.

From the dictionary:
    light, airy, or tenuous: an ethereal world created through the poetic imagination.
    extremely delicate or refined: ethereal beauty.
    heavenly or celestial: gone to his ethereal home.
    of or pertaining to the upper regions of space.
    Chemistry. pertaining to, containing, or resembling ethyl ether.
    ---
    in this case as the set is called Wind Dancer, I think it's safe to assume light, airy, tenuous. One who would have the speed, grace and ability to dance in/on/as the wind.

It's beta, this is a leak, stop QQING!
    Excited

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimora88 View Post
    The blue druid one looks like the Zealot armor from Warhammer online.

And that looks a lot like Medivh's armor, which has existed a long time before Warhammer online.
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2010-09-20 at 08:56 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by riboflavin View Post
    from wowwiki:
    Treading the chaotic spaces between worlds, the ethereals are astral travelers who dwell within the twisting nether. They are known to be collectors and traders of arcane items and artifacts.the ethereals are driven by trade and economics, and accordingly their political structures are centered around trade princes and political "companies." the ethereal faction called the consortium, which players can gain reputation with, is one of these. The ethereals that currently control the mana tombs in auchindoun led by nexus-prince shaffar are another of these "political companies." the ethereum is a radical militant organization that attempts to avenge the destruction of the ethereal homeworld by void creatures. The protectorate attempts to thwart the void and protect neutral races from the ethereum's attacks.

The ethereals are similar to goblins, in the way their political systems work, and like the goblins the ethereals will support anyone who would further their profits, and oppose anyone who dares interfere with their plans. The ethereals also share in the goblins' propensity for technology, though their technology appears to be far more powerful and otherworldly. Ethereals possess everything from the familiar, such as transporters, to the radical, such as their eco-domes.

From the dictionary:
    Light, airy, or tenuous: An ethereal world created through the poetic imagination.
    Extremely delicate or refined: Ethereal beauty.
    Heavenly or celestial: Gone to his ethereal home.
    Of or pertaining to the upper regions of space.
    Chemistry. Pertaining to, containing, or resembling ethyl ether.
    ---
    in this case as the set is called wind dancer, i think it's safe to assume light, airy, tenuous. One who would have the speed, grace and ability to dance in/on/as the wind.
    i just got wiki'd!

The set WILL be soooo sexy when finished.I already love it.

TS, you suck at reading TBH...

We made a guild on PTR called "Read the Patch notes"...The same apply's here

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Horde or Alliance mate? Because tier 9 horde > tier 8... The tier 8 rogue set is just damn silly, the helmet looks like scream.... But tier 8 vs tier 9 alliance is pretty much a tie, birdman vs scream... hmm
    WOW really get over the helmet it's ONE piece of an amazing looking rogue set that you can even hide, it doesn't even looks so bad itself

Quote Originally Posted by Granpa View Post
    Blizzard needs new artists. They have been needing them for some time now.
    This, the rogue set looks stupid. Unless you're a lock/warrior/shaman you always have terrible sets, bring in some new blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    And that looks a lot like Medivh's armor, which has existed a long time before Warhammer online.
    And the Warhammer Fantasy Battle was made in 1983, to include Chaos. =/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer_Fantasy_Battle

All I said is they sort of look alike in some aspects, not the exact same.
    SUPPORT W.O.L.F.! (WORGEN-OPTIONS LIBERATION FRONT)

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deceit View Post
    This, the rogue set looks stupid. Unless you're a lock/warrior/shaman you always have terrible sets, bring in some new blood.
    Tier set looks is a matter of personal opinion.

Horrible models for horrible set bonuses.

Makes sense really...

Of course it's a matter of personal opinion, but your bad taste doesn't change the fact that the rogue set right now doesn't look good. It has diamonds that remind anyone of the cloth set from ToC. It even has the belt from cloth ToC, I mean each set should be radically different than anything we've seen, it's something we'll be using for quite a while. I appreciate the "elemental" look, but it resembles shaman tiers too much to feel different.

I'm honestly just tired of people saying tier sets look good, when they just do not spend enough time on things that we're forced to wear for an extended period of time.

Lose for the fanboi mentality long enough to say hey, blizz, spend a bit more time on these things and give us something to be excited about.
    Last edited by Deceit; 2010-09-20 at 09:48 PM.

Of course it's a matter of personal opinion, but your bad taste doesn't change the fact that the rogue set right now doesn't look good. It has diamonds that remind anyone of the cloth set from ToC. It even has the belt from cloth ToC, I mean each set should be radically different than anything we've seen, it's something we'll be using for quite a while. I appreciate the "elemental" look, but it resembles shaman tiers too much to feel different.

I'm honestly just tired of people saying tier sets look good, when they just do not spend enough time on things that we're forced to wear for an extended period of time.

Lose for the fanboi mentally long enough to say hey, blizz, spend a bit more time on these things and give us something to be excited about.
    I, too, wish Rogue sets would be Rogue sets.

Scrap this model Blizzard and just give us Deathmantle again.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Lose for the fanboi mentally long enough to say hey, blizz, spend a bit more time on these things and give us something to be excited about.
    I never said it looked awesome, but it does not look terrible. And it's not even finished...
    Unlike most of you, im optimistic. Also, taste is relative, there is no such thing as good or bad taste...

Deleted
    "Gief Ezio armor." said someone
    I responded "Go back to your console!"
    thus it began.

Lose for the fanboi mentality long enough to say hey, blizz, spend a bit more time on these things and give us something to be excited about.
    Why did you bother typing that whole post?
    All you are saying is "I know it's a matter of opinion but your opinion is wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by xsistor View Post
    If Warhammer Online wasn't just a terribly boring and shallow MMO I would've kept playing it SIMPLY cos of the thematic artwork (no anachronisms and modern elements in it -- it's very professional), awesomely appropriate gear designs and awesome looking mounts.

... Sadly, as it is in real life, the graphics were good but the gameplay sucked.
    This. Man I'm tired of WoW's crappy art style and pisspoor gear aesthetics.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."