Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Engineering in Rated BGs

Sorry if this has been covered, but I can not find anything besides speculation.

Are they restricting the use of engineering items in rated BGs like they do in arena?

I always thought of BGs as an engineers playground and was planning on picking it up on another toon just for that reason. I would hate to drop a profession and level engineering only to see it get restricted to non-rated BGs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing has been said officially as far as i know, but they would be totally retarded to forbid anything in bgs, I mean, thats what engineering is for right?
    If they wouldn´t allow this, they had to also restrict the use of everything else that is forbidden in arena, witch would be ridiculous.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure that the same rules that apply for Arena will apply for rated battlegrounds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing has been said, but I don't seem them putting restriction on it, since you cannot lose bg rating.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    Nothing has been said, but I don't seem them putting restriction on it, since you cannot lose bg rating.
    That would make sense. Im hoping this may be the thing that allows engineering to be used, seeing as how losses do not count against you.

I guess they are holding off until they see what things are like. Engineering items were allowed in arena when it first began though.

Well they already restrict rocket boots slightly... You drop any pvp flags when you use it. I imagine it will stay like that.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli View Post
    Well they already restrict rocket boots slightly... You drop any pvp flags when you use it. I imagine it will stay like that.
    Certain restrictions I can see. I would much rather them restrict certain things than not allow engineering to be used at all.

Well, the only reason why they took out rocket boots in arena was people insta escaping from anything, and in BGs with the flag where in WSG you could literally jump from one gate to the other with rocket boots and the cloak. I dont see why they would remove the others when they dont impact the gameplay that drastically

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinRogue View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the same rules that apply for Arena will apply for rated battlegrounds.
    this
    they may forget about it in the start, but i'm pretty sure you can say goodbye to your rocketboots

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    You can in fact lose BG rating. They said this before there was any plans to join as a premade team and didn't want others to affect your own performance.
    Ima abuse my drums of panic and free action potions as much as i possibly can unless they put some restrictions.

I could see Blizzard letting grenades and some of engineers enchants like rocket boots usable by anyone, giving engineers some income. Maybe the items could have a higher chance of failure or a higher cooldown if you're not an engineer.

That's one reason I dislike arena, I love my engineering too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Gildian View Post
    That's one reason I dislike arena, I love my engineering too much.
    Gotta admit this is a good line. But it doesnt just apply to arena. I have 2 max level engineers, started leveling a lock recently, and Ill be damned if I didnt jump off a cliff, to get to something faster, and hit my parachute cloak button... I had 100 health left landed, feeling like a moron.

Engineering is good for everyone. Taking out the toys in BG's would be sad. (No rocket boots with flags, is at least acceptable)

15+ Year Old Account
    Understandable but sad if they wouldn't allow it, as it's kinda the only place I enjoy to use those engineering tools in. Nitro/Pyro Rocket in PvE is just "meh"

If they restrict engineering, I hope they restrict all other professions.
    Doesn't seem fair that you get perks for choosing a specific profession only to have them negated.

Now, if they add a secondary effect based on being in Arena/Rated BG's, such as rocket boots giving you a 10%-15% passive speed increase instead of the on-use, then that's fine.
    Parachute cape should stay as is, it's not game-breaking due to the fact it's a CD use and you can have mages/priests slow fall/levitate you.

My soon to be 10 man rated BG team are all mining/engineering for the sole purpose of rated BGs.

We'd be kicking ourselves if we got cock blocked like we are in arena
    moderators removed my signature picture because they can't get Glad like me.

Haters Gonna Hate

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Not sure we need a rule. I mean in an arena if someone pops rocket boots, it's pretty hard to stop him but in rated bgs there are many ppl who can stop him in 1000000 ways.
    You can't use rocket boots in arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Gildian View Post
    You can't use rocket boots in arena.
    are you stupid?
    He means IF you could use it in arena it would be harder to stop, simply because there are less class combos in arena(just 2) while in BG's they can all be present.
    thank you for trying to be a wise-ass to a guy with a ridiculous sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grimkiller View Post
    If they restrict engineering, I hope they restrict all other professions.
    It would be nice if they expanded it to class abilities (travel form druid carrying the flag in WSG comes to mind)

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    My soon to be 10 man rated BG team are all mining/engineering for the sole purpose of rated BGs.

We'd be kicking ourselves if we got cock blocked like we are in arena
    Why mining, exactly? Tailoring and instant-cast 3-sec roots is pretty superior to the health boost. If they don't restrict professions I might make my warrior a tailor instead of jewelcrafter, engineering and the roots would be pretty damn good. Throw in a few free action and speed potions...