Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question Magmaplated gear

I figured in cata that blizz would leave the scourgey theme from wotlk and try something else. That said... I don't get the idea of magma for a DK. I'm assuming the gear will look like shaman t8. I don't like the idea of a Frost DK throwing blue, cold effects from it's avatar wearing hot lava looking gear. Same for blood and UH.
    Anyone else slightly miffed by this?
    I was kinda hoping for a ressurected dragons looking style of nef and ony. Oh well.

Bolvar!....by all that is holy!

Can't believe you're gonna start complaining when all you have is a name...

Nice tabard btw. Definitely doesn't make you seem like an idiot at all.

/facepalm

The magma theme is probably because I'm assuming Ragnaros will be the first tier raid boss again. They will probably do another dragon theme like Hunter Tier 2 for the Black Dragonflight raid. A similar looking more plate looking set in charcoal or black would look pretty sick.

Deleted
    Ragnaros will be T12 RB.

Al'akir, Nefarian and Sinestra/Cho'gall will be T11 bosses

Quote Originally Posted by Korvax View Post

Nice tabard btw. Definitely doesn't make you seem like an idiot at all.

/facepalm
    Yes, because a tabard is the same thing as a full set of gear.

what he said.
    also beta is beta. everything is due to change until it hits live.

idiots everywhere

edit: also keep in mind mages use all types of magic (except nature and holy) and they will wear whatever blizz decides, also paladin t10 has fire which doens't fit very much into the whole Holy thing.
    Last edited by Side; 2010-09-21 at 11:48 AM.

I like how some people can't have an actual discussion on something as simple as a proposed theme without flaming.

Deleted
    Don't care much about the looks as of yet, considering we haven't even seen it.
    I do care about the 4p bonus though. 3% AP is....well, crap. But meh Beta is Beta.

Maybe because there is nothing to discuss. You have no idea what dk armor will look like because you haven't seen it yet. No one has. It hasn't been made yet. All you have is a name. To complain when you have nothing more than a name is ridiculous.

When a picture comes out and if at that stage it really doesn't suit dk's, maybe then might be a good time to start up a thread to discuss it.

Maybe because there is nothing to discuss. You have no idea what dk armor will look like because you haven't seen it yet. No one has. It hasn't been made yet. All you have is a name. To complain when you have nothing more than a name is ridiculous.

When a picture comes out and if at that stage it really doesn't suit dk's, maybe then might be a good time to start up a thread to discuss it.
    Hitler.

Because WoW related discussions have NEVER been speculation based.
    Oh wait..

10+ Year Old Account
    I try to be more imaginative with their "magma" plated gear, I assume it will still have its death knighty feel to it with the skulls and the deathy stuff on it, but for the graphic effect, a more cataclysmic twist with lava/magma. I assume it will be like this. 3 looks for it, the Magma Plated Battlearmor (Tank) will most likely be basic red looking lava since Blizzard has made Blood the tanking spec for DKs in cata, while the Battlegear (PvE DPS) might be some weird looking Blue Lava, and then if they do what BC did where a PvP set copies a tier set, we'll have a Green Lava effect. there you have your Blood (red) Frost (blue) and Unholy (green) but... with lava. =\

This is Entirely an Imaginative Assumption however thats what I picture it may be. and Judging from the T11 of Rogues/Druids/Hunters/Warriors I have High Hopes and Expectations for the rest of the tier sets for all classes, and even more so since this is the first tier set of cataclysm
    Last edited by The_Butcher; 2010-09-21 at 12:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

Because all speculation based threads are intelligent.
    Oh wait...

There is nothing wrong with speculation within reason, but complaining about the look of an armor set that you haven't seen is going a little bit far.

Ever seen a warlock set with fluffy bunnies and love hearts? No? Maybe that has something to do with the fact that Blizzard knows it would look completely out of place on a warlock. Tier 10 is scourge themed. Sounds like the opposite to anything a druid would wear. Yet it fits the druid theme perfectly.

Trying to say that your T11 won't suit you and being annoyed by the look of something doesn't even exist based off nothing but a name is just plain dumb. You'll need a bit more than a name before you can intelligently speculate about something like this.

OMG paladin tier is BLUE!!!!! WTH!!!

based on the fact that its called reinforced SAPPHIRIUM batteplate
    Sapphirium~Sapphire~Blue
    WTH......has nothing to do with paladins......

See? That sounds stupid too......WE all know paladins get the best tier set (T2, T8 and T10) so unless we actually see something worth complaining about, kep the specualtion for the non-complaining threads.

ps. Really wondering how paladin tier will look like, since now Taurens need to look good in it and tauren paladins are actually sunwalkers, not really that paladinish. The only similair part is the fact that they both are light based. Nothing justice, anti-undead, retribution, protection, avenger, crusader, templar about a sunwalker.

Hope the tiers will continue to look awesome sauce!
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Should reduce frost damage by 12%

Lol. I got excited when i heard the name, anything is better then our t7 O.o

if it can manage to beat the awesomeness of t8. then ill be over the moon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope it totally lacks any skulls, bones, or spiders. I get it, we're death knights, big deal. Not every warrior set has to be covered in shields. You don't see shaman with totems sticking out of their armor.

---------- Post added 2010-09-21 at 03:52 PM ----------

Anyway, if we do get a magma/lava themed set (with a skirt, oh please god with a skirt) it'll be amazing.
    Last edited by Kalyyn; 2010-09-21 at 06:38 PM.

I'd rather have a set that has to do with the expansion theme than more evil death based things

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Deleted
    Bolvar=magma guy
    Magmaplated gear=bolvar made