Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    Deleted

Killing lowbies bannable?

Hi guys.

I'm on a pvp-server on the european realms and I play alliance. I'm trying to level my rogue there atm. The problem is we have these guys on my server riding around and ganking everyone in low level zones - they even made a blog where they brag about "how skilled" they are and post screenshots and videos (yeah right, killing lowbies is really hard..)

My question is if this is a bannable offence? I know it's a pvp-server and the rules but what they are doing is not really pvp.. The other night they managed to close down red ridge mountains for twenty minutes, and the zone became a battleground instead when other alliance players brought their mains.

((And an off topic question: why isn't my old username working? I used to post here some time ago))

Deleted
    roll a PVE server?

10+ Year Old Account
    level in dungeons? level in BG's ?

welcome to PVP. its dog eat mouse.( god i hope someone gets this)

Deleted
    It's not. It's part of being on a PvP realm. If you don't like it, go roll on a PvE realm like the rest of us

They just do it because lowbies will bring their mains, and call their guildmates and then there would be lots and lots of gloriuos world PvP!
    /s

They are dicks, but thats something you have to deal with when rolling on a PvP server.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Killing lowbies is fun and not banable

Camping is banable (temporary at least)

if i remember correctly its only banable if they are singling you out as a person. if they are just killing in general im pretty sure there is nothing you can do

Quote Originally Posted by roguekiller View Post
    Hi guys.

I'm on a pvp-server on the european realms and I play alliance. I'm trying to level my rogue there atm. The problem is we have these guys on my server riding around and ganking everyone in low level zones - they even made a blog where they brag about "how skilled" they are and post screenshots and videos (yeah right, killing lowbies is really hard..)

My question is if this is a bannable offence? I know it's a pvp-server and the rules but what they are doing is not really pvp.. The other night they managed to close down red ridge mountains for twenty minutes, and the zone became a battleground instead when other alliance players brought their mains.

((And an off topic question: why isn't my old username working? I used to post here some time ago))
    Apparently you do not. The rules are that if it has a PVP solution, GMs are not supposed to do anything about it. Promoting world PVP is not against the rules. Hell, some people would actually love having more pvp on their pvp servers.

Sorry, but if you don't want to accept that as part of leveling, you rolled the wrong server type. Queue up for dungeons/BGs and never leave town. Level someplace else. There are plenty of options for avoiding these issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    @OP

I could only WISH my server had times like that again.

Sounds like the horde know what they are doing.

And what they are doing is getting some people pissed of so that they bring their mains and do some world PvP.

Good job on their parts. (They should have hit SW though, or something with a bit more population).

Also it is NOT bannable. You are on a PvP server.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

10+ Year Old Account
    It has to be a very very very extreme case of camping you too though.

It's also fairly circumstantial, as a GM can see chat from both factions there may be some reason for the constant attacks that one side of the game isn't aware of.

Basically they can't ban people for playing roles out that they encourage.

Hi guys.

Not bannable i would be thankful tho im on a pvp server and world pvp is dead thats provided you can even find an allaince
    My personal favorite is running around on my rogue in STV with epic fishing pole or duel brewfest flasks and killing lowbies
    it looks silly lol especially with a fishing pole.
    Rogues don't have loyalties, they have contracts and their blades are purchased in gold.

It's not bannable unless they are literally corpse camping people for hour's and totally destroying their game play.

Ongoing Harassment
    The Ongoing Harassment policy does not apply when there is a PvP resolution available, as physical confrontations are considered a facet of PvP combat and players in opposing factions are unable to communicate verbally. Characters have the ability to address their conflicts through combat and GMs will only involve themselves in extreme or excessive circumstances.
    Source

I don't believe that sparking world pvp would qualify as extreme or excessive.

If they keep pulling hostile mobs to you and using those to kill you GMs will step in and do something other then that its part of the "fun" of a pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawlerade View Post
    level in dungeons? level in BG's ?

welcome to PVP. its dog eat mouse.( god i hope someone gets this)
    Quote from the Tom and Jerry movie?

And no, you can't ban somebody for it. It is part of the game. If you don't like it, yes, go to a normal or RP server.

Hi guys.

Killing lowbies is not bannable HOWEVER camping is. If a high level player camps your corpse and wont let you rez you can report them. Intentional distruption of another users game play. And before the people who are about to post that it isnt true. Do a little research before you post and you will see it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was this thing we used to say way back in Vanilla. Lets see if i can remember.

PvP'd on a PvP server.
    Feral Druids are the most "feared" class in PvP.
    Warodl - Warod

Deleted
    OK, thanks for the quick answers. It's just that there's a difference between "PvP" and systematically oneshoot low levels imo. I consider PvP a "fair" fight between two equally leveled toons. Not a guild of level 80 toons more or less closing down whole zones making it impossible to level. They are also bragging about it on our realm forum and in that blog which makes it even more annoying.

But I guess you are right. We just have to get our 80 alliance in to fight back.

Deleted
    levling on pve realms with some pvp "jerks" isn't fun at all

we have 10 rogues on our real whitch have fun in killing auctionators in all 4 cities for hours... they say the want to promote more people to pvp ... why aren't these people playing on an pvp server ?

some yeras ago a horde raid thaught it would be fun and shutdown all levling in westfall for 4 hours by killing every alliance npc there ... fun at all -.-

There is almost always a guild or channel of higher lvl toons that will deal with pvpers that only go after lowbies too. I would find out what it is and use it as a tool to kill the wimps picking on the lower lvl toons and yourself.