Thread: FS clipping.

FS clipping.

I'll keep it really simple then.

Question: When you have your Flame Shock dot ticking below 6 seconds, with nothing else of usage other than your shock abilites.

Facts: Flame Shock - Flame Shock dot ticks for FULL duration > Earth Shock ||| Earth Shock > Flame Shock - Flame Shock dot that DO NOT tick for full duration.

1. Will you just apply a new Flame Shock even tho it's still ~5|4 seconds left on Flame Shock dot?
    2. Will you cast Earth Shock?
    3. Wait for another ability such as Stormstrike, Lava Lash or Fire Nova to wait for the Flame Shock dot to tick off completely before applying Flame Shock?

Im sure there are plenty of better enhancers out there other then myself who rarely plays as one but I am pretty sure unless its 3 or less seconds you Earth Shock and Flame Shock on the next cd. You most certainly dont just sit there and white attack waiting for some other cd to come up though.

It's better to cast an earth shock, and let flame shock finish ticking, than to clip it 99% of the time.

However, remember your priority. If Stormstrike is about to fall off etc.

The shortest amount of time you can clip a Flame Shock is on the last tick, but even then it might be a dps loss depending on crits so you're safer just letting it fall off and earth shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkenedPaladin View Post
    It's better to cast an earth shock, and let flame shock finish ticking, than to clip it 99% of the time.

However, remember your priority. If Stormstrike is about to fall off etc.

The shortest amount of time you can clip a Flame Shock is on the last tick, but even then it might be a dps loss depending on crits so you're safer just letting it fall off and earth shocking.
    In current gear, you can clip at 1-2ticks without a dps loss, unless you are below even the current 10 man gear level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

Quote Originally Posted by DarkenedPaladin View Post
    ^^ this

you might want to try this macro i made, it simply rotates flame and earth shocks around... lol one less thing to worry about with our priority list

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=target/20 Flame Shock, Earth Shock, Earth Shock

it resets when you change target and after 20 seconds. hasn't clipped any ticks nor failed for me yet

Well it is pretty much what I had in mind.
    It's great to get it confirmed though.

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=target/20 Flame Shock, Earth Shock, Earth Shock

With haste the DoT will be reduced with duration, so the macro doesn't really have any use. And I don't want to set it to a certain number because of Haste procs, BL and pots.

Am a bit short on haste for the moment, so it is a bit left to the 1 2 ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargarii View Post
    In current gear, you can clip at 1-2ticks without a dps loss, unless you are below even the current 10 man gear level.
    Thanks for the information regarding the scaling with gear level.
    Last edited by Fnukk; 2010-09-21 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnukk View Post
    With haste the DoT will be reduced with duration, so the macro doesn't really have any use.
    well it was mostly for an example, for my current haste (about 1050) its perfect. by the time the first earth shock cd has finished there's still about 3 seconds of flame shock ticks left, so i'd ES again and let FS ticks drop off, the macro resets about 2 seconds before the shock cd finishes

by all means modify the macro, its made my life easier, thought i'd share
    Last edited by styks; 2010-09-23 at 03:56 AM.
    "Bring the player, not the shaman"
    Quote Originally Posted by UnholyGuardian View Post
    When Blizzard get that dollar sign look in their eyes... anything is possible.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackrock/omybad/

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    People using a macro to apply Shocks are doing it very very wrong.

Your rotation is not static, it's fluid. By using a macro you're basically gimping yourself.

It's best to just track your Flame Shock.

Btw, note:

Quote Originally Posted by Vargarii View Post
    This does NOT mean it's a DPS increase. And therefor it WOULD be a DPS increase if you did not clip it.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Quote Originally Posted by styks View Post
    well it was mostly for an example, for my current haste (about 1050) its perfect. by the time the first earth shock cd has finished there's still about 3 seconds of flame shock ticks left, so i'd ES again and let FS ticks drop off, the macro resets about 2 seconds before the shock cd finishes

by all means modify the macro, its made my life easier, thought i'd share
    Odd that are you ele? only ...even as enahce with no raid buffs you can get a 1:1 rotation with about 600 haste and not clip FS atall and with raid gear you'll be sitting on 800 to 1000 plus haste so there is no reason not to cast flame shock.

With 1000 haste, you'll get your FS dot duration to something along ~12.50 seconds.