Cataclysm healing prediction

With all classes having hots/shields/direct heals, I predict healing will be even more faceroll in cataclysm, completely contrary to what blizzard intended. Bookmark this page for future reference.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I stab you, and the wound regenerates back. Then I will have proof you are a troll. Let me get my knife.
    When in doubt, assume you rolled a natural 1.

I don't think you understand this game at all. The whole point of the game where difficulty comes in is raid synergy.

If all tank healers got grabbed by valkyrs on heroic lk and no cooldowns are available, tank has a high chance of dying during soul reaper. If tank healer gets debuff on halion in phase 3 or have to run from meteor, tank can very easily die.

Same thing for raid healing.

With every class being capable of doing everything now, the healing will become faceroll.

The reason why wotlk was piss easy compared to tbc was due to the homogenisation of tanks (and removal of most parry gib and crushing blow), as well as buffing the tank's threat/dmg through the roof. Now they are homogenizing healing, you really think it will be harder? Don't make me laugh.

Have you healed any 5-man runs yet in beta?
    Speculaas of <The Forgiven>, Terenas-US

"Who do I belong to? Not earth, not world, not evil, not mortals, not wretches, not horrors.
    Who do I belong to? Unchanging, Unbreaking, Unfailing, Creator, Immortal, Eternal."
    * - "To Sand We Return", Project 86

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speculaas View Post
    Have you healed any 5-man runs yet in beta?
    It's painfully obvious he hasn't run any dungeons in the beta, I wouldn't count on it.

This topic is now about Amaranthus' sig.

But aren't natural 1s bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Lazertrooper View Post
    I don't think you understand this game at all. The whole point of the game where difficulty comes in is raid synergy.

If all tank healers got grabbed by valkyrs on heroic lk and no cooldowns are available, tank has a high chance of dying during soul reaper.
    I wouldn't say that was really anything to do with difficulty, but more to do with mean RNG.

I shall however be bookmarking, to either laugh at you, or congratulate you when the time comes.
    Quote Originally Posted by trainwreck
    If they do incorporate Worgen and Goblins as playable races it will be the last straw. I've let my children play this (somewhat evil) game in my Christian household for long enough. These changes will bring a whole new level of evil and Satanism that I can't stand by and let my kids experience. I will be cancelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazertrooper View Post
    With all classes having hots/shields/direct heals...
    Newsflash - all healing classes always had direct heals. Shocker eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike View Post
    Newsflash - all healing classes always had direct heals. Shocker eh?
    And not all classes have hots or shields.

I can say as a properly itemizied Holy Pally (5661gs 947 haste rating 34k mana unbuffed on live, stopped rolling on healing gear a few months after 3.3 as I had been bored with spam HL since oh about Naxx) I can say that H PoS with the not intended mob dmg increase is actually something of a challenging run and requires that I do more than FoL once ever 12 seconds.

edit: typo on my haste rating

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    This topic is now about Amaranthus' sig.

But aren't natural 1s bad?
    I know, it's very sad.. It's another way of saying, if you didn't see the results, don't be optimistic.
    Last edited by Amaranthus; 2010-09-21 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Typo