Poll: Am I...

Thread: DW Prot Tanking

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Your threat is going to be really bad, and you'll take a fair bit more damage but if you want go for it.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

I would be tired of tanking heroics too. Do ICC25 or 10 or heroic mode ICC or any of the ulduar, or TOGC or you know... raids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by j46ebucemag View Post
    Uh...why would you not use a shield?? Several of your high single-target threat builders require a shield.
    The same reason a dude decides to sniff glue and backflip off his mates shoulders.

Because he's bored and because he can.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    with full 277 dps gear except maybe a Petrified Twilight Scale (bonus armor and a good proc if the healer have some problem, like a beer on the keyboard or so...) you can "tank" almost any old-hero (HoR in dps gear could be a bit hard lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Cigss View Post
    eh really not so much an attack on you personally dude. just using you as an example of the mindset that this xpac has created and why it makes me mad in general. you just happened to illustrate it with this particular thread.
    Eh.. no harm done. It's just the way everyone in authority's been talking to me lately, I feel like everything's an attack even if it's not (yours being far from one). I think we both overreacted a bit and hell if this happened in Vanilla or BC I would've reacted the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Luris View Post
    I would be tired of tanking heroics too. Do ICC25 or 10 or heroic mode ICC or any of the ulduar, or TOGC or you know... raids.
    Sigh... do I have to say it again? I have time to raid only 1 night a week so I choose to raid on my main (Druid). My Warrior is an alt and Prot is an offspec. I can pretty much ONLY do HCs with him.

With decent fury gear alone you can tank as fury tbh, since you're going to be an aggro bomb anyways.

I'm basically thinking like this;

In heroics I always have aggro, even with decently geared tanks.
    Why not queue up as a tank with a healer that I know is capable of healing me?

I've tanked pretty much every heroic out there now, except from HoR hc of course.

I know it's not directly on topic, but if you like fury then why not tank as it? ^_^

The key thing about fury tanking is to have as much ArP and crit as possible, which means that wearing tanking gear/pvp gear will make fury tanking less 'effective'. Just spec like you would with the normal spec, use your normal gear and AoE as much as possible, you won't lose aggro. :3
    Last edited by Desirie; 2010-09-24 at 09:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Girls who play Warriors?! What the hell? My world was just turned upside down. Did they remove the Paladin from the game?

I tanked a bunch of heroics as Dual wield prot when I was bored (and needed some triumphs). Used a spec that looks something like this with the cleave, sunder armor and some other glyph.

It was different, but not really that hard. At least a change of pace.
    and here's my armory, in case you were wondering
    Fuge Haggot.