Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Afraid to level warrior in cata

Originally I was going to level my hunter come cataclysm, but with the awesome abilities of warriors, such as crazy burst in pvp arms, and the return of dual-wield one-handers I am leaning towards the warrior. But I am timid of leveling a warrior to only run into some major nerfs in the future.
    Opinions?

Thats a threat to any class in the end. I'd be more afraid of leveling a warrior because of how slow its going to be since they apparently think we like to sit down and eat for 30 seconds every 3 or 4 pulls.

We got our nerf, they removed ArP and normalized Rage. Warriors are gonna be in line with all other Melee, so if you enjoy the warrior play style play it.

---------- Post added 2010-09-23 at 10:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SavageJ View Post
    Thats a threat to any class in the end. I'd be more afraid of leveling a warrior because of how slow its going to be since they apparently think we like to sit down and eat for 30 seconds every 3 or 4 pulls.
    Victory Rush will heal, and so does Blood Thirst. If you lvl as fury and get blood crazed and BT and glyph u should have to go for a while b4 eating. (until Cata lvling when mobs pwn stuff)

Well on the Beta I've been playing my warrior and I have to say its a lot more fun than it was it WotLK, rotations are a bit different and levelling was fun, didn't need to sit down as Victory Rush + BT keep you topped up after most fights. Dungeons are a lot of fun but atm our damage is a little lower than some classes, if anything I think we're getting some buffs before Cata is released, not nerfs

Quote Originally Posted by planrawsto
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

I wouldn't go for the 'what's easiest to level' class, i'd find what you want to play endgame, or what you enjoy most, and play that. Leveling my warrior, the downtime was annoying.. but i loved the class so i leveled it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombikilla View Post
    (until Cata lvling when mobs pwn stuff)
    Thats what I meant, I should have specified sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's good talents/glyphs as far as healing go, it'll cut down on DPS, but that's why there are levelling builds and DPS builds. Not to mention as Fury the new Enraged Regeneration will regen a lot of your total HP with some mastery tacked on.

Quote Originally Posted by WTBskillplz View Post
    I wouldn't go for the 'what's easiest to level' class, i'd find what you want to play endgame, or what you enjoy most, and play that. Leveling my warrior, the downtime was annoying.. but i loved the class so i leveled it anyway.
    I couldn't agree more, they were hard to level in Vanilla but it was well worth it. Nothing compares to playing a warrior imo. I have a ret pally and hunter, I will always prefer the warrior.

A true warrior plays through the nerfs.

I'd play one. You won't be underpowered at the start of each expansion pack and you won't be overpowered at the end of it thanks to rage normalization and the ArP change.

Deleted
    I wouldn't think of Cata as a nerf tbh. Yes a lot of stuff is brought down so it is technically a nerf but personally, I like to think in terms of adjustment and normalization. So many things change for all the classes, in some case drastically that there is close to no resemblance to what it was in Wrath, so it's no point lamenting that this or that won't be as powerful as they were in previous expansion. The class will have its strengths in the new expansion, no matter what and do not make decisions based on what the latest news from the Beta are, 'cause that's a bad indicator for the future. E.g. until this morning, warrior threat was in tank (no pun intended) but looking at the new build and changes, warrior damage and threat is going up again. That's the nature of beta, so rather just think of what works your fancy and go with it.

Don't pick a class because it is OP and then worry about it being balanced later. Pick a class you like and then love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    Don't pick a class because it is OP and then worry about it being balanced later. Pick a class you like and then love it.
    That's what i ended up thinking about warriors <3 i LOVE them !
    CPU: I7 920 Ram: 6 GB Corsair Dominator GT
    GFX: GTX 295 MB: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
    HD: 40 GB Intel SSD & 1 TB Caviar Black
    Others: Chip PS2 - PS3 Slim - Xbox 360 Slim - Wii - PSP 2000

Quote Originally Posted by GhostSkull View Post
    this

leveling my gobo warrior as soon as cata hits, was thinking about hunter, but i'm sick of dpsing, gonna try and tank + i'll find the group more easily

I don't care about the nerf, i've played priests since vanilla, i'm pretty used to them
    Forth, and fear no darkness! Arise! Arise, Riders of Alliance! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword day... a red day... ere the sun rises!

10+ Year Old Account
    Warsaw, Poland, Europe, Earth, The Milky Way
    I copied my level 34 warrior tank to the PTR to check out how it plays.
    I was killing packs of 4 level 39-41 mobs while surviving it, and then after a few single-pull kills i was back at full hp because of Victory rush.
    If Blizzard won't fix Death Knights before Cataclysm hits, I'm gonna make this warrior my main.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze148 View Post
    One cannot simply walk into Mulgore...

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by _Khasim_ View Post
    If Blizzard won't fix Death Knights before Cataclysm hits,
    U mad bro? DKs are amazing on the PTR right now, at least in DPS

true. but thats why they always pick on warriors first with their nerfs.
    seriously as fury it might be do-able. but as arms warrior i feel fu''ed up til the end.
    just waiting til they remove the whole arms-tree and give em a 2nd prot tree.
    Deal with it...

A true warrior whines through the nerfs.
    Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by kringles View Post
    Originally I was going to level my hunter come cataclysm, but with the awesome abilities of warriors, such as crazy burst in pvp arms, and the return of dual-wield one-handers I am leaning towards the warrior. But I am timid of leveling a warrior to only run into some major nerfs in the future.
    Opinions?
    Seems like you are a classic FOTM reroller. If I like a class I play it and accept all buffs and all nerfs.