Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    The thing with PTR is, it's not beta. PTR I have no mana problems. Beta I do. PTR boss mechanics are different, PTR everything is different from beta.

People need to stop judging Cata by PTR. I've said it numerous times, but PTR was a stupid idea on Blizzs part.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    I think there's a problem with a basic assumption that a lot of people against this mastery are making: You expect that as a raid healer you will have to top off raid members as quickly as possible.

Many of you are arguing from a mentality that fast heals are essential to success with raid healing. With the size of health pools, it's not only unlikely that you could top someone off in 1 GCD if they get low, but it's also unlikely you'd need to. Although I'm sure some boss encounters will introduce a mechanic that can kill raid members very quickly, in most cases I suspect it will take several seconds for a raid member to die with normal incoming damage.

If you're assigned to raid healing, more likely than not your primary goal will be to keep people above 50%, not above 90% as was the normal for the past expansions. This leaves a lot of room for you to triage your heals across the raid, and strategies which involve taking advantage of Symbiosis are likely to be successful and smart methods of healing.
    No, I don't believe that, and I don't think everyone does, some people might though. If someone is around 60% go ahead and throw Rejuv on em, maybe 80% depending on how fast the damage is coming in and how much mana you have. If they continue to take damage, while a second guy is taking damage, use Rejuv+SM on the second guy if he hits around 60% hp and put a Nourish on the first guy that has a Rejuv that's running out.

I think WG+Nourish will be a very strong staple of resto druids that are raid healers; 3xLB+Nourish would be a big deal while tank healing and using only Rejuv with occassional SM on other raid/party members if you see them taking too much damage and other raid healers cannot keep up.

Overall though I think the mastery works and I think HoT (Rejuv) as a booster heal for your standard heal (Nourish) is great. It really forces druid healers to know their class and know all their spells. Not just Rejuv spamming with LB thrown in there.
    Kick me, your limping. Stab me, your bleeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Golkonda View Post
    I do admit for just throwing a hot on someone the mastery is wasted,(remember the lower they are in health the more the are healed for(unless that was changed)) but I'll take extra 10%+ on healing. Such as a damage that is expected, you can throw some hots up and then nourish or regrowth. Also don't forget that Gift of the earth mother now makes Rejuve heal 15% of the total hot. We're hardly out of options.
    the mastery was changed. the mastery you are thinking of is the old mastery system "Deep healing". the one being discussed in this thread is what we currently have where healing is increased by a function of your mastery rating when you already have a hot ticking on somebody.