Enhancement Gemming

Do we have to regem our haste gems when patch 4.0 goes live or will it still be our best gem for high end raiding?

Some ppl said gemming agil will get better then haste in cata,
    Keep in mind the unleash elements gives you 50% haste for the next 5 melee atacks with windfury totem its 60% ( didnt they change the effect of unleash windfury? if it is ignore this post lol ),
    and keeping in mind that unleash elements only got an cd of 15sec it will be almost evrytime up.
    Also I still hope they remove the internal cd of windfury and making it unique,
    Last edited by Tarheelhal; 2010-09-24 at 09:19 AM.

After hit/expertise....you will probably be stacking Agility or Mastery early on. People usually don't start stacking Haste till a few tiers in when you got lots of crit and AP to maximize the value of haste. That depends what other factors will affect haste, like mana regen and stuff.

Deleted
    Mastery.
    Agility is bad, overcapping crit makes me sad. Still you can reforge crit items for mastery, it would do the work.

Btw, 20k lava lash WHOOOOO agrees with me on mastery gemming

I think maybe you guys are misunderstanding OP question? Or maybe I am?

I think he's asking about the 4.0 patch to live servers Before cata comes out.

Honestly I have no idea. I reforged all my gear on the PTR to mastery and didn't see a big change in dps because of course I lost roughly 500 other stats to stack 500 mastery rating. I don't think crit will be as imporant to us because we are loosing Elemental Fury (+100% spell crit damage bonus) from the elemental tree. Being as close as we are to crit crap with 277's I don't see Agil or crit being worth gemming, and I don't know if we'll be getting mastery gems before cata. Attack power could end up trumping Haste, but that all depends on the final numbers. I wouldn't do any serious math untill the everything is final.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M4d2m0A View Post
    Being as close as we are to crit crap with 277's I don't see Agil or crit being worth gemming, and I don't know if we'll be getting mastery gems before cata. Attack power could end up trumping Haste, but that all depends on the final numbers. I wouldn't do any serious math untill the everything is final.
    You may want to sit one some agi gems anyways, since in cata you're going to lose 40% of your crit from 80-82 (yes I know we're talking about 4.0) just something to keep in mind.