Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by phai View Post
    leveling as Arms because I already have an Enhancement shaman, so no need for Dual Wield.
    Enh shaman have 2 weapons, ok ; what is the link with warrior?

Quote Originally Posted by Mordenrox View Post
    Go protection
    Spam revenge
    ????
    Profit

Srsly. Using UA build now, 64 warrior doing 3k dps AOE pulls and 1'2k dps single target with shield block, which also makes you totally immune to melee damage at this level. Only frost mages/retridins can compete in AOE damage, and not doing nearly 75% of mine. Single target you can find some talented players reaching 1k, but 1'2k as a tank is just ridiculous.

Btw, tried fury 3-4 dungeons and it didnt even reached 500 dps singletarget :/
    Yes the revenge buff was magnificent. Warriors can do some pretty crazy damage as prot. But I don't think it compares to leveling a Prot pally with seal of command. There were a few times around 60 when some good dk's would just barely beat my damage, and again in the late 70's were a few classes that would out dps me. But I would literly be double sometimes triple in overall damage from the 2nd person on recount through almost the whole way from 20 to 80.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bowtux View Post
    Enh shaman have 2 weapons, ok ; what is the link with warrior?
    Flurry-Style. No need for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Griefel View Post
    Warriors are easely the hardest class to lvl in WoW, even with all the buffz. Also they require heavy use of brain.
    maybe pvp warrior are harder than with certain faceroll classes, but what with leveling? you only have to push 3-4 button max... it's easy mode if you have heritage items.

I leveled 2 Warriors, one as Prot and one as Arms. Both are effective and fun, but I'd say Prot is a bit easier once you can AOE grind. With the Dungeon finder I'd suggest go Prot and enjoy instant queues.
    I leveled every class to 70+ except Paladin and Rogue and leveling as Warrior was definitely the most fun experience.
    Last edited by Struja; 2010-09-24 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Clarity

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Go prot. Screw arms, it's just for arena kids and fury is for pve dps facerolling.

Real warriors are prot. You get:
    - aoe mob grinding. Screw killing quest mobs one at a time. Just ride in, aggro 4 or 5 and unleash hell. At 80 you can even aggro the entire area near ToC with the daily quest mobs and you won't die.
    - instant lfg queues. Tanks are in great demand. Just don't check both the boxes of Tank and Dps in the lfg. No one likes a retard dps-ing with sword and board when the group already has a tank. Also at 8-, farming gear is piss easy with 5 sec queues. Or you can go "hardmode" and wait 12 min as dps.
    - easy to get into raids. Pug RL ask the shit out of everyone's gs and achievement but if you say Tank. Inv. Wham! Instant invite!
    - pvp fun. Yeah, baby. Go as tank in bgs and wpvp. You won't die unless you get zerged. Ofcourse you can go "hardmode" arms in bgs and get walked on by everyone.
    - and a little secret. Girls love tanks.
    Dude my Warrior goes Arena as prot.

I have around 232~ ilvl gear, and a blue shield.

We're at 1750 rating lol. Try that with an Arms Warrior
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Deleted
    Always have the best 2hander you can possibly get. If you don't have BoA Axe, get whirlwind axe from warrior quest. And then, when you get to 51 do AV and win once to get Ice Barbed Spear which should last you until outlands. Lvling warrior is a pain if you don't get enough rage, use berserker rage often to increase rage gain and maybe get imp. charge to get more rage. But mostly get a good 2 hander (assuming you are arms), more dmg = more rage :<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancunchi View Post
    warrior leveling>>>>>>>>>>>>leveling naked with a skinning knife>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>rogue leveling
    I took a rogue to 62 in 2 weeks of slack playing with no heirlooms and made 3k gold in the leveling process. Idk what you're on about.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Go prot. Screw arms, it's just for arena kids and fury is for pve dps facerolling.

Real warriors are prot. You get:
    - aoe mob grinding. Screw killing quest mobs one at a time. Just ride in, aggro 4 or 5 and unleash hell. At 80 you can even aggro the entire area near ToC with the daily quest mobs and you won't die.
    - instant lfg queues. Tanks are in great demand. Just don't check both the boxes of Tank and Dps in the lfg. No one likes a retard dps-ing with sword and board when the group already has a tank. Also at 8-, farming gear is piss easy with 5 sec queues. Or you can go "hardmode" and wait 12 min as dps.
    - easy to get into raids. Pug RL ask the shit out of everyone's gs and achievement but if you say Tank. Inv. Wham! Instant invite!
    - pvp fun. Yeah, baby. Go as tank in bgs and wpvp. You won't die unless you get zerged. Ofcourse you can go "hardmode" arms in bgs and get walked on by everyone.
    - and a little secret. Girls love tanks.
    Give this man a medal!
    And yeah, I do arena as prot too.

i found my warrior to be werry easy to lvl as arms. got a bit boring around tanaris, but every class does. charge in, thunderstomb, heroic strike, lala dead, charge next mob tralala - next mob - next mob. insane grinding speed...

that is with heirlooms though, no idea how it is without

Deleted
    protection deals less single target damage, but allows to kill multiple mobs at once.
    also protection is the better pvp spec in those levels due to higher burst with some critluck against non-plate.

stay in battle stance, always open with bleed and use overpower whenever it procs. as soon as you get mortal strike, you can start using that as well.
    dont waste rage with cleave, and use heroic strike only if you really have tons of rage.
    you can also use thunderclap if you just gained a new rank as it deals nearly as much damage as a normal weapon swing usually.
    Last edited by mmocd5f6a5c456; 2010-09-24 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sike View Post
    im leveling a a warrior as prot, with all the BoA gear you do more damage than arms and you get instant dungeon ques. i also use this macro

/cast Thunder Clap
    /cast Cleave

and it kills everything.
    This, basically, whilst mashing revenge and shield slam when thunderclap is on CD.

If you find leveling as a warrior difficult then something's going wrong. Prot is better than arms at lower levels for survivability, dmg and I think it's more fun too.

Deleted
    levelled by warrior as some freaky fury/prot hybrid back in TBC. Basically got fury up until Bloodthirst then got everything from Prot that was usable as dual-weild, worked pretty damn good. No idea how it is now though.

Rogue levelling is the worst to me though never got one beyond lvl 33. Warrior was just painful until I got dualweild at level 20, after that it was a breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharaldriel View Post
    I took a rogue to 62 in 2 weeks of slack playing with no heirlooms and made 3k gold in the leveling process. Idk what you're on about.
    If you made 3k gold from 1-62 you either got some ridiculously lucky drops or you're talking shit.

You can probably make 2k gold from 58-68 in Outland, because Outland pisses gold. But 1-58 in Azeroth barely makes me 800g.

Also rogue is one of the worst classes to level, and I know because I have 9 different classes at lvl 80. Only priest left to level, which I've heard used to be crap but now Shadow is OP I thought I'd give it a whirl

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phai View Post
    ehm...ok.nice tail?
    You know you play too much when your girlfriend's pants have a low drop rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Batranu the 2nd View Post
    ehm...ok.nice tail?
    You know what I wanted to hear :3
    Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sworded View Post
    If you made 3k gold from 1-62 you either got some ridiculously lucky drops or you're talking shit.

You can probably make 2k gold from 58-68 in Outland, because Outland pisses gold. But 1-58 in Azeroth barely makes me 800g.

Also rogue is one of the worst classes to level, and I know because I have 9 different classes at lvl 80. Only priest left to level, which I've heard used to be crap but now Shadow is OP I thought I'd give it a whirl
    I had 700g by level 30. I leveled herbalism / skinning as I went along, AH'd everything (and I mean everything - greens, meat, herbs, skins), spent no money save for food and repairs.

EDIT: Scratch that, I bought mongoose for 300g @ level 48. :P
    Last edited by mmocc0da7240b2; 2010-09-24 at 12:09 PM.

Honestly, just lvl prot till you get titans grip and then blast true the lvl's as fury.
    Prot is amazing, the damage is absurd, the damage taken is minimal and getting into and tanking instances is great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like a lot of people said here, prot is a good way to level. However i would wait until you hit Outland or Northrend. Until then stick with a good 2-hander and cleave your way to victory!
    Feral Druids are the most "feared" class in PvP.
    Warodl - Warod