Deleted

want to roll a new toon to pvp

And it has to be a caster. I can't decide between mage, lock or priest. What will be the most versatile for pvp in cata (read the one who sucks less)? I'm not interested in 1vs1, just arena and BGs.

Thank you in advice

---------- Post added 2010-09-24 at 04:19 PM ----------

obviously I would like to know what's the easiest to play well too...

I would say priests will be looked upon more favourably by your allies. Even if you weren't planning on healing, PW:S is such a pain for your opponents to keep getting rid of. Then you have dispels, insta-DoTs, and insta-fears.

Warlock is pretty easy to play, but they tend to be quite squishy due to having very few escape mechanisms. Not very versatile, but may well top damage meters (due to bigger health pools = attrition warfare).

Mages are pretty bursty, have a lot of utilities and CC. But they are probably one of the more complex classes to master, given all that they have at their disposal.

Gonna vote for priest. Shadow seems like they're going to be fun, lifegrip is damn cool, both healing specs seems to be viable for PvP(holy more for BGs, but hey, I definitely see it possible) if that floats your boat, and the always appreciated PW:S in all specs is always appreciated. I''ve got a warlock as an alt atm(warr main), but I've grown a bit sick of pet management which is pretty much essential to play it well, at least when it's not even what I'm focusing on becoming good at. I'm rolling a priest to play around with in all specs, mainly due to the versatility and the viability of it. I don't know much about mage changes, so I won't say much about them.

Deleted
    mage

Deleted
    mage

frost mage for Bg's = easiest
    Spriest just does so much damage
    lock is most fun imo.

Deleted
    I'm stuck on this myself, i just leveled my ret to 80, got some nice gear with around 30k UB HP, but now all the changes in cata that i've heard about are scaring me, and i can't decide whether to re-roll a Mage or a Lock :/

Real men choose mage. Lol jk, but if you enjoy direct damage dealing and kiting as well as being a cc whore, choose mage. DoTs and a steady but low amount of self healing-Lock. Lock also if you like an easy version of mage with fear but less roots(destro). SP if you like the sound of a strong set of DoTs as well as an iceblock style move that you can have self hotted before using as well as decent self heals in general.. especially if you scream the enemy then heal yourself. And dont forget you can also have the option of going disci as a priest + you'd get dispels. Your choice though, it depends on the playstyle you prefer.

TLDR:
    You like direct damage=Mage
    You like DoTs=Lock
    You like DoTs+healing=Priest