Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Calling people troll: a bannable offense?

Every thread you open these days has people calling each other trolls, which in itself is a form of trolling. Therefore I propose just banning everyone using the word troll, there's no reason to use it anyway since they should report instead of posting something like that and I personally think it would benefit the forums in the end.

I be wantin' dat to be a bannable offense too mon, racist bastards!

Troll pride! <3

15+ Year Old Account
    I support this, people throw the word "troll" around like nothing. By posting "troll", you're feeding the troll and not being constructive. If you think someone is trolling, report the post and let a MOD handle it instead of bumping a garbage thread with a garbage post.

Yet by posting this post decrying trolls who call trolls trolls, you are yourself calling the trolls who call trolls trolls trolls, and are therefore yourself a troll for calling trolls who troll trolling trolls trolls.

Make the word "fanboy" bannable as well, and I'm all for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Add "bias", "blizz hates", and "casual" to the list too.

Tired of hearing people accuse others of trolling just because they disagree, and others who just don't seem to know what it means.
    "The truth, my goal."

Then how would we call the trolls? And don't even try suggesting "ignoring them". We never do. Never :P

You call them trolls in a report to the mods? You're allowed to troll them as long as it's a valid report.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvok View Post
    Add "bias", "blizz hates", and "casual" to the list too.

Tired of hearing people accuse others of trolling just because they disagree, and others who just don't seem to know what it means.
    also add fanboi, herp, derp, and other shitty 4chan memes that dont belong on MMO-Champion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Feeding a troll (by calling them trolls or just being nonconstructive, posting meme pics, etc) is a bannable offense, and "fanboy" is certainly a trigger word which attracts our attention and might get a ban for trolling or flaming (depending on context). Memes in general ("inb4 lock", "cool story bro", "facepalm", etc) are all bannable, either in text or in pictures.

We may be lenient in some specific cases, but it's not guaranteed. Report things if you see them; we'll take care of them

Quote Originally Posted by Adeleina View Post
    Then how would we call the trolls? And don't even try suggesting "ignoring them". We never do. Never :P
    Report them. Don't post after them.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2010-09-24 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotice View Post
    Yet by posting this post decrying trolls who call trolls trolls, you are yourself calling the trolls who call trolls trolls trolls, and are therefore yourself a troll for calling trolls who troll trolling trolls trolls.
    @_@ If that was math there would be some parenthesis for clarity.

For that matter add "site mentioned before, which should never, ever be mentioned" (Ok I just won Dinnerbone's vote with that one). There's no reason at all to refer to it, it just makes more people go to the hell of the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenII View Post
    @_@ If that was math there would be some parenthesis for clarity.
    I don't like math.

I support this as long as you add "epic" in the form of a compliment onto the list of bannable offenses.

Unfortunate that a pair of shoes that drop off a large demon are classified as "epic" according to blizzard, and there's nothing that can be done about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Don't go overboard with your demands ^^
    Tbh we should restrict every word in the dictionary except for "the" "arcipluvian" and "boondoggle"

Add "haters gonna hate" to that growing list as well. This list shall block out the sun by the end of the day, or at least until this thread is locked, because mods "apparently" cannot delete posts.

i wouldn't say banable, but i do think its stupid and childish, kinda like all the crap over worgen. I'm 17 and i'm more mature then a lot of these people its pretty sad.
    Video games and the female audience. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8ZVZRsy8N8

lol censorship
    China called they want their totalitarian regime back

Quote Originally Posted by Diurden View Post
    lol censorship
    China called they want their totalitarian regime back
    You sir win one free internet. This is what I was thinking, but was too busy feeding the machine to post it.

EDIT: Really? I figured you could, but never saw it ever being used. All the troll threads usually got locked for everyone to gawk and lulz at, and you just made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Feeding a troll (by calling them trolls or just being nonconstructive, posting meme pics, etc) is a bannable offense, and "fanboy" is certainly a trigger word which attracts our attention and might get a ban for trolling or flaming (depending on context). Memes in general ("inb4 lock", "cool story bro", "facepalm", etc) are all bannable, either in text or in pictures.
    I am confused. Wouldn't that like reduce the population on these forums by 90%?