Thread: Time Warp

Time Warp

Surprisingly, I was disappointed when I saw the tool tip for Time Warp (even though Bloodlust is awesome!) I had pictured something like this:

Time Warp:
    20% Base Mana - Instant Cast
    You create a warp in time at the target location: slowing run speed, melee attack speed, and casting speed by 60%. Projectiles also move 800% slower inside the warp than outside. Last 10 seconds, 3 minute cooldown. (Possible 2min cooldown or small run/attack/cast speed buff for allies with talent or gylph.)

The animation could be a tweaked version of PW: Barrier. Did you guys picture something else than Bloodlust when they announced the new arcane spell to be Time Warp?

Oh that would be a sweet idea!

I could just see a army of mages in WG abusing that fog wall? ( mage ability right? ) and time warp and just blinking away lol.

Its a interesting idea, and would probably bring another dynamic to raiding I assume, if it was like that.

e.g. You dont want to kill this mob for X seconds, but place a timewarp, and use the 800% to slow damage or whatever.
    Seems pretty cool to me.

They turned it into bloodlust because of class homogenization, somehow they felt it was unfair one class having a raid-wide buff. I mean, in 25 mans, when have you not seen atleast ONE shaman. Its because there a good player not because they have bloodlust.

Anyway enough rabbling, I think its a funny idea sear.

10+ Year Old Account
    You just now noticed that time warp was bloodlust for mages?

It's just a jump to the left...

Quote Originally Posted by Zu View Post
    You just now noticed that time warp was bloodlust for mages?
    No I just now made a post about it. That ability was the first thing I thought of the first time I saw the spell's name (in the mage preview.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I suggest careful reading and comprehension next time.

---------- Post added 2010-09-24 at 11:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mordecaii View Post
    Oh that would be a sweet idea!

I could just see a army of mages in WG abusing that fog wall? ( mage ability right? ) and time warp and just blinking away lol.

Its a interesting idea, and would probably bring another dynamic to raiding I assume, if it was like that.

e.g. You dont want to kill this mob for X seconds, but place a timewarp, and use the 800% to slow damage or whatever.
    Seems pretty cool to me.

They turned it into bloodlust because of class homogenization, somehow they felt it was unfair one class having a raid-wide buff. I mean, in 25 mans, when have you not seen atleast ONE shaman. Its because there a good player not because they have bloodlust.

Anyway enough rabbling, I think its a funny idea sear.
    Thanks, you don't happen to be Mordecaii from Ravenholdt do you?

i didnt think of anything else since it said Timewarp=BL the first time it was announced. blizzard really didnt give anyone time to think of anything else. i mean i guess you could just pretend that blizzard didnt give the nature of the spell and just threw a name out if you want

Quote Originally Posted by Fujisaw View Post
    i didnt think of anything else since it said Timewarp=BL the first time it was announced. blizzard really didnt give anyone time to think of anything else. i mean i guess you could just pretend that blizzard didnt give the nature of the spell and just threw a name out if you want
    Yea except for the fact I heard that the three new spells were Flame Orb, Curtain of Frost, and Time Warp and I immediately thought of what each one might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyahn View Post
    It's just a jump to the left...
    And then a step to the right?

Blizzard actually already implemented the ability you described, just not in WoW.

youtube
    .com/watch?v=y8K3UDtdsUI

Apparently, I'm not allowed to post links in my first post.

Edit*
    However, the projectile slowing mechanic wouldn't be very impressive in WoW, since there are no/few "skillshot" projectiles. You can't move out of the way of a Frostbolt or Death Coil, it's going to follow you around. It works better in D3 because said projectiles can be easily dodged when inside the Time Warp.
    Last edited by Zillaby; 2010-09-25 at 12:31 AM.
    Altoholic Extraordinaire!
    80 Fire Mage / 80 Fury Warrior / 80 Disc Priest / 80 Prot Paladin / 80 Afflic Warlock / 80 Mut Rogue / 80 Resto Druid / 80 Resto Shaman / 80 Blood DK / 49 Bank Hunter
    As you can imagine, I'm an expert on none, but knowledgeable on all.

Quote Originally Posted by Searsha View Post
    Yea except for the fact I heard that the three new spells were Flame Orb, Curtain of Frost, and Time Warp and I immediately thought of what each one might be.
    im sry you have to be told things instead of finding them yourself.

How crazy would it be if every caster/hunter/healer had to line up there spells to not miss. imagine if someone stepped infront of a heal to the main tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Fujisaw View Post
    How crazy would it be if every caster/hunter/healer had to line up there spells to not miss. imagine if someone stepped infront of a heal to the main tank.
    Obviously not every ability would be skillshot based. If you've ever played DotA, HoN or LoL, skillshots are typically longer range and/or have a bonus ability/damage to them to make up for the extra challenge in successfully landing a skillshot.

For example, imagine Ice Lance being a skillshot. Perhaps it would have a slowing factor added as a bonus for landing an ability without being guaranteed to hit it.
    Altoholic Extraordinaire!
    80 Fire Mage / 80 Fury Warrior / 80 Disc Priest / 80 Prot Paladin / 80 Afflic Warlock / 80 Mut Rogue / 80 Resto Druid / 80 Resto Shaman / 80 Blood DK / 49 Bank Hunter
    As you can imagine, I'm an expert on none, but knowledgeable on all.

Quote Originally Posted by Krotukk View Post
    And then a step to the right?
    You put your hands on your hips...

Quote Originally Posted by Zillaby View Post
    Obviously not every ability would be skillshot based. If you've ever played DotA, HoN or LoL, skillshots are typically longer range and/or have a bonus ability/damage to them to make up for the extra challenge in successfully landing a skillshot.

For example, imagine Ice Lance being a skillshot. Perhaps it would have a slowing factor added as a bonus for landing an ability without being guaranteed to hit it.
    i know i went a little overboard but as soon as i thought it all that came to mind and i could just imagine a raid and just what would be said in vent if it did.

Just like every DK thought it was the most hilarious thing in the world to macro "GET OVER HERE" to their Death Grip, get used to seeing "LETS DO THE TIMEWARP AGAIN!" macro'd to every mages Time Warp. I hate blizzard sometimes.