Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

The Feel of Prot Warriors

Great news week after week for prot warriors, they look super fun to play now, and im glad they changed them up a bit. I can't wait to play at 85 as prot, going to be sooo EPIC. Im going to feel like this. Although I wish intervene had a little more flavor to it.

youtube.com/watch?v=E-Sk9wQfOMw

That would be sweet if we could use a spear with a shield.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dude it would be the coolest thing ever, oh how i could wish

Prot Warriors are fun ever since Warbringer and Shockwave...
    By comparison to WOTLK one could say Cata brings no visible changes.

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

Quote Originally Posted by Griefel View Post
    Prot Warriors are fun ever since Warbringer and Shockwave...
    By comparison to WOTLK one could say Cata brings no visible changes.
    Yes, no visible changes at all. I mean except for a complete freakin overhaul of warrior AoE tanking and huge buffs to defensive stance. But outside of that, NOTHING!

Quote Originally Posted by Zalgo View Post
    Yes, no visible changes at all. I mean except for a complete freakin overhaul of warrior AoE tanking and huge buffs to defensive stance. But outside of that, NOTHING!
    What complete overhaul to warrior aoe tanking? We sometimes use Rend before we TC now... not a huge change. Besides that, I'm still using TC>SW>TC>TC>TC>SW for Aoe tanking.

The biggest change for me is the ability to escape death using Heroic Leap... and people say the ability is useless...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaellen View Post
    What complete overhaul to warrior aoe tanking? We sometimes use Rend before we TC now... not a huge change. Besides that, I'm still using TC>SW>TC>TC>TC>SW for Aoe tanking.

The biggest change for me is the ability to escape death using Heroic Leap... and people say the ability is useless...
    You're forgetting the fact that cleave won't be spammable. Taking cleave and heroic strike out of the 'on next attack' category removes two of the highest damage done abilities for warriors. That along with the ability to actually somewhat manage rage instead of just having an infinite amount are considerable changes to tanking.

15+ Year Old Account
    That vid was amazing! lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Prot Warriors had the least change of any spec in the game. As someone who's been playing that same Prot spec for a year now, I'm a little disappointed.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Wherever there are gnomes that havent been eaten yet.
    blood and thunder looks delicious, combined with blood craze now within speccing reach....i'm quite giddy to pick my warr tank alt and level him seriously when cata comes out.
    <Insert something witty and humorous here>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BM-Hunter View Post
    blood and thunder looks delicious, combined with blood craze now within speccing reach....i'm quite giddy to pick my warr tank alt and level him seriously when cata comes out.
    They'd have to buff rand damage by at least 200% for it to even be worth it. Right now, rend is hitting for an abysmal amount, not worth the points.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Is it only me that thinks B&T is actually only there as an attractive option for Arms?

Sure it might be nice for watching some numbers float in the air, but rend on multiple mobs is surely about as effective as when you get a deep wounds proc from SW or TC now.....i.e pointless for threat generation.

We have TC, SW, cleave, and revenge (sort of) for multiple mobs now, along with god old fashioned 'tab dev'. AoE rend just seems like a waste of talent points.

I think I'll aim for something like http://wowtal.com/#k=GOVEIH-TB.a2y.warrior

If Bloodcraze turns out to be lacklustre those points can flip over to deep wounds. May need to tweak the balance between incite and shield spec if rage is an issue.

Armory Link
    Life's like a salmon swimming upstream - Hard work, and sometimes you get eaten by bears.