Deleted

Decimation/Molten Core

Dunno if it was already mentioned (at least i haven't found a good thread about it), but whats about the latest changes of molten core? with the procs from shadow bolt i dont think we will get it at the decimateion-nuke-time, so why is there a part for soul fire? or shall we cast now soul fire above 25% (that the new change in the latest build about decimate) if molten core procs? so then why is there a part for incinerate?

is there some beta-club member who could explain the rotation of demo locks at the moment, or are there even maths already what would be the better choice?

regrets
    Deyrion

15+ Year Old Account
    i didnt even think about that. there will be no way to get MC bloew 25% if u are spaming, witch makes the SF part of MC useless

Deleted
    I think they're purposefully nerfing the SF execute so that they can ahve demo lcoks do more evn damage through the fight instead of low dps for most of the fight and crazy awesome dps for the last 35%. Tbh I think they should just remove Decimation completely. It doesn't proc Impending Doom, no longer works together with MC, and we already have 3 nukes and 3-4 dots in our rotation, plus cooldowns and pet abilities, so do we really need another nuke only usable below 25?

As nomic pointed out soul fire doesn't help proc impeding doom.

Basically with the way talents are laid out you'll be using soul fire as the proc for molten core below 25%. That's basically a reduction of spike damage at 25% which blizzard is kinda doing for most classes that have a set spell that is focused on at low boss health.

However we don't know how demo will spec in raids, so (this is highly questionable) you might end up specing into Imp Soul Fire in the Destro tree to get burst dps at the beginning of a fight.

They should make MC proc from immolate or corruption. It's much more fun that way and you could use it with decimation again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given our tendancy to roll Decimation proced Soul Fires off and across adds, it does seem strange that neither MC nor Impending Doom proc from it.

While I'm pretty indifferent to loosing MC on a single target fight during Decimation, as it ceases to be a 'watch' mechanic and doesn't actually change what you're doing, it's debatable whether it should influence a Corruption restack, but that's all. But on multi-target fights however, it looks like we will loose out; but then it could be debated that it's an imbalanced 'advantage' anyway as the spec wont "need" it to keep up, in much the same way they overlooked Crit rolling for Affliction since 3.3.3.

Atm in the PTR SF hits for like 1200-1300 DMG more then SB and since you cant get emberstorm from the destro tree on lvl 80 and the change to decimation to 25% from 35% and no MC procs after 25% makes demo DPS really falling behind affly and destro.I hope that it will be better on lvl 85 after all the talents are for lvl 85 but after 4.0.1 there wont be many Demo locks till lvl 85 i think.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    i hope there arent many demo locks at 85. Been playing demo since BC and will be playing it thru cata as well. As far as decimation phase, i think we might be spamming SB's til MC procs then switch to soulfire for 3 casts then switch back to SB spam until MC procs again. So pretty much rotation would be:

CoD, HoG, Immo, Corr, SB spam, MC proc >25% Incinerate x3, MC proc <25% Soulfire x3. so we will be spamming SB thru the whole fight, tried on PTR, really helped on dps. And btw, we wont be speccing into improved soulfire, at lvl 85 we will be getting an amazing Demon Soul for demo which is way better than talent, and we will need the other destro talent which reduces our incinerate and soulfire, esp the way blizz is talking about haste on gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Evillocksp View Post
    i hope there arent many demo locks at 85. Been playing demo since BC and will be playing it thru cata as well. As far as decimation phase, i think we might be spamming SB's til MC procs then switch to soulfire for 3 casts then switch back to SB spam until MC procs again. So pretty much rotation would be:

CoD, HoG, Immo, Corr, SB spam, MC proc >25% Incinerate x3, MC proc <25% Soulfire x3. so we will be spamming SB thru the whole fight, tried on PTR, really helped on dps. And btw, we wont be speccing into improved soulfire, at lvl 85 we will be getting an amazing Demon Soul for demo which is way better than talent, and we will need the other destro talent which reduces our incinerate and soulfire, esp the way blizz is talking about haste on gear.
    I sincerely doubt that casting an inferior spell to fish for a procc will be a dps increase, but we'll see.

Deleted
    With MC's procrate you'd need an average of 6 or 7 shadowbolts to proc it. Soulfire hits quite a bit harder than shadowbolt, so you should to more dps with 9-10 soulfires than you do with 6-7 shadowbolts plus 3 buffed soulfires.